I used to own an E30 325e years ago and loved it, now I'm behind the wheel of a 1995 318ti and had a couple of seriously n00b questions (it's been years so hopefully I'm entitled to these questions). I did a few searches but no real luck on precisely what I was looking for.
- First off, annoying rattle in the exhaust at ~2500rpm, usually this is a heat shield in most catalytic converters, I got the car up on my ramps and was unable to find the offending piece so I'm planning to swap it out with a less restrictive converter but was wondering about the stock diameter of the exhaust.
- Also, my 318 is red, I see the term Hellrot all over this site and think that's the terminology for the colour correct?
- I see a few short rams on eBay for our cars, anybody have any issues with the piping on these, I plan on purchasing one with an actual K&N brand filter because my previous vehicles have always had decent results with them.
- On the stock M42's intake manifold, what is the inlet size (in case I would rather try my skills at fashioning my own cold air over the short rams I see online, I do have some bending and welding skills).
- Is anyone else running the 10-spoke (I believe they're called 27's?) 15" alloys on a lowered TI?
For the sizing questions I can address myself but just had the thought fresh in my mind. So far I like the ride a lot, it's got enough pep for now but a little extra may satisfy me until I make a decision on building the m42 for forced induction or going with a 6cyl swap.