318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
FS: Racing Dynamics RGR...
05-24-2024 03:29 AM
Last post by 7Senna8
05-24-2024 03:29 AM
0 Replies, 896 Views
My 318ti build
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
Last post by Jclare318ti
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
0 Replies, 1,395 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 03-10-2012, 04:03 AM   #2041
jca

Still working on my DIY arm rest. OEM rest is looking better all the time!
Old 03-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #2042
zoner

New flex disc
New driveshaft center bearing
New crankcase valve
Installed x-brace (much more solid now !)

Thanks to Dave for the tip on the rivet nut tool from Mc Master-Carr.
It was well worth the price for how easy it made that job!
Old 03-12-2012, 02:00 AM   #2043
spidertri

Vehicles

No problem, glad it worked well for you. It was nice to find an affordable install tool.

98 328ti Morea Grun slicktop
11 128i space gray slicktop
13 JGC WK2 Deep Cherry

Search | RealOEM
Old 03-12-2012, 02:32 AM   #2044
familytruckster

Vehicles

Pulled the exhaust manifold off the spare motor. Broke the studs off the flange, removed the remnants of studs.. Now to just spend another 50 bucks on gaskets, and pray that the exhaust is fixed after this. If not, there will be some serious sawzalling going on. Or another 300 bucks on replacing the motor and trans mounts and hope that is the cause of the issue. Then the sawzall...
Old 03-12-2012, 04:32 AM   #2045
RAiMA

Picked up my rego / vanity plates today TTI-328 (Turbo Ti - 328)
BMW E39 528i Touring
Performance at its best
Old 03-12-2012, 04:36 AM   #2046
jca

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by familytruckster View Post
Pulled the exhaust manifold off the spare motor. Broke the studs off the flange, removed the remnants of studs.. Now to just spend another 50 bucks on gaskets, and pray that the exhaust is fixed after this. If not, there will be some serious sawzalling going on. Or another 300 bucks on replacing the motor and trans mounts and hope that is the cause of the issue. Then the sawzall...
Don't do something that you will regret. Please put the sawzall down and step back from the ti. (just kidding). John
Old 03-12-2012, 04:39 AM   #2047
jca

Finished my DIY armrest project. The result doesn't look factory, but it doesn't look bad, either. Feels great. I had enough material left over to fabricate one for my wife's Z3.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:28 AM   #2048
wolferj-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jca View Post
Finished my DIY armrest project. The result doesn't look factory, but it doesn't look bad, either. Feels great. I had enough material left over to fabricate one for my wife's Z3.
Pics? Did you replicate the one from LeatherZ?
James 95 active w/leather interior and sport interior conversion, Vaders, full M-Tech exterior conversion. Now m50 swapped* Eibach sway bars, D2 Coilovers, Depo's w/AE's, blacked-out sides and grills, LeatherZ console and door armrests, 1 series starter button mod, and custom finished Style 5's <--- in this color! Named "Roddy": *M50 6 cyl. swap with fan delete, S50 cams and chip, AFE stage 2 intake, M3 clutch and 11.5 lb Fidanza flywheel, 3.15LSD, battery relocated to rear and complete custom exhaust. Sweet! 97 318ti sport, Alaska Blue, Contours, coilovers, Dove Vaders and custom black/grey interior named "Max" 95 318ti Active in Cosmos, S50 swap in progress... named "Pit" SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE! Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
Old 03-12-2012, 05:30 AM   #2049
MOTORSPORTti

i just add new stering wheel mtech1 for spoke from 97 m3 mint!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 05:47 AM   #2050
RAiMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTORSPORTti View Post
Nice, I need to find another steering wheel
BMW E39 528i Touring
Performance at its best
Old 03-12-2012, 05:49 AM   #2051
black98

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTORSPORTti View Post
You have pics
Old 03-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #2052
familytruckster

Vehicles

Quote:
Don't do something that you will regret. Please put the sawzall down and step back from the ti. (just kidding). John

I know. Hence why I didn't really do anything with the car over the weekend. I knew I'd just be annoyed. I've already had the manifold off once to weld it from stress cracks. The car didn't have a support bracket for the cat. Now, the cat is up against the floorpan and making a hell of a racket. I replaced the motor and trans mounts, and that made the problem worse. Header back exhaust has all been replaced, so the only original part of the exhaust is the header, and hopefully the header is the issue.

The issue could also be something with the aftermarket motor/trans mounts. I'm really hoping its the header, the car did go off road and the original cat pipe was bent (from a PO)

So, meh...
Old 03-13-2012, 03:57 AM   #2053
jca

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolferj View Post
Pics? Did you replicate the one from LeatherZ?
Sorry, I'm retarded and don't know how to send pictures on the net. I tried to replicate the leather z model, but I couldn't get the vinyl to fold neatly around the, "curve" in the left side of the arm rest. I ended up doing a rectangle, seven by nine inches in two thicknesses of three quarter inch plywood. I then used two inch thick foam on top cut large enough to wrap around the thickness of the plywood. I used no glue. Put the whole thing together upside down like a sandwich, then stapled the vinyl tight long ways. I trimmed excess foam and vinyl off the ends then folded the remainder to the back of the rest like you do when you are wrapping a present in a box. Work with the materials awhile and it will look decent, not oem, not stitched, but decent. I think so anyway. Attach the arm rest to the cup holder the way that Leather Z shows you, using a hinge, bolts and screws. I painted all the hardwear flat black. Use enough foam (two inch thickness) so both sides rub slightly against the seat bolsters. For twenty bucks you can buy enough materials to build two or three, so you can experiment a bit if you want to get a look that you prefer. As I said the arm rest feels great and if you measure and install it right you only lose the use of one cup holder with the arm rest in the down position. I had fun doing it. I'm trying to add convenience and comfort to my ti so my wife and I can take it on long road trips and not get beat up. Cheers. John

PS: If your ti has quite a few mods, a non-oem looking arm rest is not going to stand out.

Last edited by jca; 03-13-2012 at 04:03 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:14 AM   #2054
wolferj-RIP

Quote:
Sorry, I'm retarded and don't know how to send pictures on the net. I tried to replicate the leather z model, but I couldn't get the vinyl to fold neatly around the, "curve" in the left side of the arm rest. I ended up doing a rectangle, seven by nine inches in two thicknesses of three quarter inch plywood. I then used two inch thick foam on top cut large enough to wrap around the thickness of the plywood. I used no glue. Put the whole thing together upside down like a sandwich, then stapled the vinyl tight long ways. I trimmed excess foam and vinyl off the ends then folded the remainder to the back of the rest like you do when you are wrapping a present in a box. Work with the materials awhile and it will look decent, not oem, not stitched, but decent. I think so anyway. Attach the arm rest to the cup holder the way that Leather Z shows you, using a hinge, bolts and screws. I painted all the hardwear flat black. Use enough foam (two inch thickness) so both sides rub slightly against the seat bolsters. For twenty bucks you can buy enough materials to build two or three, so you can experiment a bit if you want to get a look that you prefer. As I said the arm rest feels great and if you measure and install it right you only lose the use of one cup holder with the arm rest in the down position. I had fun doing it. I'm trying to add convenience and comfort to my ti so my wife and I can take it on long road trips and not get beat up. Cheers. John

PS: If your ti has quite a few mods, a non-oem looking arm rest is not going to stand out.
John;

Here is what my console and door armrests look like;

both came from LeatherZ, but last time I checked, they didn't sell just the armrest or pads separately, just in a set with the console section too...
James 95 active w/leather interior and sport interior conversion, Vaders, full M-Tech exterior conversion. Now m50 swapped* Eibach sway bars, D2 Coilovers, Depo's w/AE's, blacked-out sides and grills, LeatherZ console and door armrests, 1 series starter button mod, and custom finished Style 5's <--- in this color! Named "Roddy": *M50 6 cyl. swap with fan delete, S50 cams and chip, AFE stage 2 intake, M3 clutch and 11.5 lb Fidanza flywheel, 3.15LSD, battery relocated to rear and complete custom exhaust. Sweet! 97 318ti sport, Alaska Blue, Contours, coilovers, Dove Vaders and custom black/grey interior named "Max" 95 318ti Active in Cosmos, S50 swap in progress... named "Pit" SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE! Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
Old 03-13-2012, 06:21 AM   #2055
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Sorry, I'm retarded and don't know how to send pictures on the net.
No worries man, there's a few ways to do it. First you need to link your camera to your computer. Most digital cameras will have either a USB port or a USB docking cradle. Once plugged in, your computer should automatically recognize it. If you're running on Windows, just go to your start menu, click on "computer" and select whatever drive the USB cable is plugged into. Most cameras will have a file folder called "DCIM" or it may be called "storage device" or something along those lines. Clicking on this should allow you to view and select images stored on your camera's memory card or internal memory.

Next, you can either upload pics directly from your computer as an attachment or use a third party image hosting site such as photobucket or imageshack etc. These sites are free and only take a few seconds to create an account.

Uploading images as attachments:
When you upload images as attachments, they appear as a small thumbnail on the bottom of your post. From there people can click on them to see the full size image. This method uses slightly less bandwidth. To upload an image directly from your computer as an attachment, first you'll need to click on "go advanced" button at the bottom of the message block. From here, if you scroll down just under the message block, you'll see a module that says "Attach Files". Click on the button that says "Manage Attachments". Next you'll want to browse your files to select the image you want to upload. Click on the "browse" button. Remember the drive that your USB cable is plugged into, select it. Open the file folder that contains your images. Once you've decided which image you want to upload, double click on it. You're not done yet. The image file should automatically appear in the file to be uploaded field, click on the "Upload" button and wait until it finishes uploading. It should only take a few seconds. Once it finishes, close the window and click "submit reply". Your image should appear under your text as a thumbnail.

Uploading images via third party image hosting sites:
The other way to upload pics is by going through a third party image hosting site. I recommend www.photobucket.com Create an account, verify email, agree to terms and so on. Once you have an account set up and you're logged on, you'll see a button that says "upload". Click on that button and on the next page you'll see another button that says "select photos and videos". Click it. Now you'll select the drive that your images are on or your camera's USB cable is plugged into. Click on the folder, select the image(s) by double clicking on them and it should automatically start uploading them. Once they've finished uploading, you'll have a chance to assign titles and tags etc. Click on the "albums" button which will return you to your photobucket default album. Mouse over the image that you want to post on 318ti.org. It should have a list of codes. Now the easiest thing to do is click on the "IMG Code". Doing this will automatically copy it to your clipboard. You can highlight it, right click and copy it if you want to, but it's not necessary. Once it's copied, come back here, paste it in your message block and click submit.

And finally, the long way to post images from photobucket would be to copy the "Direct Link" code from your image on photobucket. Here's a better explanation of this method:
http://www.318ti.org/forum/showpost....&postcount=264

Now I just spent over 20 minutes typing all of this up for you. I expect to see you posting pics in the VERY NEAR FUTURE! If you run into any snags, hit me up and I'll do my best to talk you through it. It's 2012 dude, time to share your life with the rest of us on the internet. If I can teach my dad how to text his girlfriend, I can teach you how to upload pics

Last edited by cooljess76; 03-13-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Closed Thread