318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
My 318ti build
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
Last post by two30grain
Yesterday 06:42 PM
1 Replies, 1,607 Views
E30 trailing arms
Yesterday 04:43 PM
Last post by packratbimmer
Yesterday 04:43 PM
0 Replies, 81 Views
OMG!OMG!
Yesterday 08:53 AM
Last post by Kathylaf
Yesterday 08:53 AM
0 Replies, 237 Views
FS: Racing Dynamics RGR...
05-24-2024 03:29 AM
Last post by 7Senna8
05-24-2024 03:29 AM
0 Replies, 1,072 Views
View Poll Results: Who do you support for president?
Barack Obama 61 62.89%
John McCain 31 31.96%
I don't care 5 5.15%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 11-06-2008, 02:58 AM   #226
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

I remember McCain saying, "I don't want to take money from the rich, I want to make everybody rich." His proposal to do so was by giving tax breaks to business owners in the hopes that they would pass it on to their employees and hire more people. Now I don't know about you guys, but for some reason I just couldn't imagine that happening. I mean, do you think the greedy corporate executives actually give a crap about the guys at the bottom? I'm sure that money would make it into someone's pocket, but certainly not mine. And to the guy making over 250k, are you a business owner, do you have people working for you? If so, did it ever cross your mind that if you got a tax break, you would pass it on to your people? Didn't think so. I laughed when McCain said that because the first thing that crossed my mind was, who the hell is going to bag my groceries and pick up my trash? Oh that's right, some rich dude, lol.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:15 AM   #227
mohaughn

Quote:
I do feel Obama has a clue on what is going on around him. I feel that he is talking to us, not talking at us.
Or talking down to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaliimc View Post
[COLOR=black]That's another thing; the republicans will not treat Obama like the dems treated/treat Bush. They will be responsible, non-partisan enough to actually help out, which will help make Obama look good. Perhaps it’s better this way.
How could they? When the dems came into power two years ago they got there because their constituents told them they were tired of Bush's policy. As you can see yesterday, almost anybody who voted right with party lines and almost always sided with Bush is gone. The Dems that were elected two years ago know this, and they have been distancing themselves from his policy for years. I would say that is more so an affect of the negative opinion of his presidency and not a ploy to be partisan.

Quote:
Just ask yourself this, where would this WORLD be right now if Bush didn't cheat his way into office and Al Gore became president back in 2000?
Cheating would imply breaking the rules. You might not have liked the results, but it isn't fair to say that our election rules and laws were broken.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 04:41 AM   #228
b.u.ti-ful

Oh, I just found the button to unsubscribe to a thread!

Good byeeeeeeeeeee!

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
b.u.ti-ful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:00 AM   #229
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
the republicans will not treat Obama like the dems treated/treat Bush. They will be responsible, non-partisan enough to actually help out, which will help make Obama look good...
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfn4gold View Post
I blame Bush for everything. I cant make $10000000 a hour because of him and he didnt get me a new house and free health care and a new M6. I am glad Obama is here to straighten everything out.
Please don't blame the democrats for Bush's approval rating. Half of the republicans hate him now just as much as the rest of the world does.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:54 AM   #230
Kaliimc

Good stuff guys! I appreciate reading and learning from others, with a milliion people you will get a million different viewpoints, helps put things in perspective.

I remember when I was making 10 bucks an hour at one job, working part time at another, in the Army reserve, going to school full time and barely making ends meet, with a roommate who paid half. All at the same time, no complaints from me because I knew that I needed to step up to the plate. This was during the Clinton years. What did I do? finished school ASAP and busted my butt on the street to find a job that would allow me to actually afford a car and drive it too. Now I make many more times what I did back then, in fact I pay more just in taxes now than what I made back then!

Just wanted to say that this has been a pretty mild and good natured conversation between forum members, no name calling and childish banter, it is appreciated.

Thanks guys.

1996 Alpine White: 318ti: Dinan Stage 1 Software. CosmoRacing CAI EVO 3.5". Dinan Free Flow exhaust. X-Brace. LeatherZ Mark2 Armrest. Eibach front sway bar. Meyle RSM's
Kaliimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 04:22 PM   #231
mohaughn

Quote:
Good stuff guys! I appreciate reading and learning from others, with a milliion people you will get a million different viewpoints, helps put things in perspective.

I remember when I was making 10 bucks an hour at one job, working part time at another, in the Army reserve, going to school full time and barely making ends meet, with a roommate who paid half. All at the same time, no complaints from me because I knew that I needed to step up to the plate. This was during the Clinton years. What did I do? finished school ASAP and busted my butt on the street to find a job that would allow me to actually afford a car and drive it too. Now I make many more times what I did back then, in fact I pay more just in taxes now than what I made back then!

Just wanted to say that this has been a pretty mild and good natured conversation between forum members, no name calling and childish banter, it is appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Same here. Clinton was president when I first started going to college. IT was blowing up at the time so I dropped out and got a good paying job. Since then, I've seen many changes in the industry and felt that I had to go back to school to finish my degree in order to stay competitive. Cut to today, while I definitely see that many people are hurting, and we have some major issues to deal with, my family and I have been fortunate and we are doing well in comparison to some people.

However, I have a very strong belief that you shouldn't live off of credit. If you can't afford something cash, don't buy it. So I don't have 30k+ in credit card debts. I own two cars outright, one dd, one track car, and making payments on the e39 wagon. Fairly low payments for what it is, I always do a high downpayment on cars. I can easily afford to pay my mortgage if my family were to go to a one salary income. I could have bought a house that cost twice as much as what I live in, but I would probably be strapped for cash right now if I had done that.

Bottom line, it is very possible to recession proof yourself. It just requires good financial habits and discipline.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:05 AM   #232
Maverix

Vehicles

This video made me crap my pants

They were "Keepin it Real" when they introduced the 318ti ClubSport in '95 and the 318ti Sports from '96 to '99.
After that... well nothing else really matters.
~Jess
Maverix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:42 PM   #233
Will'sBimmer

Lmao!!!!!
custom dual exhaust,M3 front and rear bumper, 10.4 inch roof mount drop screen, Viper alarm system, DSII's rims, M3 Vader Seats, M3 Mirrors, Carbon Fiber CAI, Smoked Corners, Side Markers, Leatherz armrests, black grilles

225k miles and still the Ti goes on
Will'sBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:08 PM   #234
Mallard

Vehicles

i have to agree, McCains public speaking skills moved me just as much as Bush´s did..

Glad the election is over, and in my opinion the best man won.

Vin Number decode and Retrofit Pdfs Available Free ! Just PM
Mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:29 PM   #235
tiFreak

Vehicles

youtube's crapping out on me, can't see the vid
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:35 AM   #236
Maverix

Vehicles

They were "Keepin it Real" when they introduced the 318ti ClubSport in '95 and the 318ti Sports from '96 to '99.
After that... well nothing else really matters.
~Jess
Maverix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:47 AM   #237
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Funny. You read some of the commentary?
People really believe the videos?
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote