318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
My 318ti build
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
Last post by Jclare318ti
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
0 Replies, 603 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 07-13-2010, 04:01 AM   #16
RAiMA

Nice setup John. Looks bad ass
BMW E39 528i Touring
Performance at its best
RAiMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:07 AM   #17
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcalahane View Post
Hey johnboy, do you have pictures of your carbon without the headliner?
No sorry I don't. I can't take them either since I would need to remove the welded in roll cage and a bunch of other stuff. I bolts in there with 4 wing nuts and silicone, real easy, super easy...
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:09 AM   #18
pcalahane

Vehicles

cuz i just ordered the part but do not want the headliner. was hoping for an idea as what it would look at. but no worries john. i understand

-1996 318TI ACTIVE PACKAGE (ALPINE WEISS): 75-0MPH IN 3 ROLLS AND AN END TO END FLIP.
Mods: Complete M3 Body Kit, Carbon Fiber Side Mirrors, Carbon Fiber GTR Hood, Carbon Fiber Hatch, Carbon Fiber Sunroof Panel, Blacked Out Ambers and Taillights, 17' TSW Nagaro Rims, European Front License Plate, Sripped Out Interior, NRG Deep Dish Steering Wheel with MOMO Hub, NRG Carbon Fiber Shift Ball, Pioneer Avic N2 Stereo (Navigation/Bluetooth/CD), Cosmo Racing Cold Air Intake, Passenger Airbag Delete, Rear Wiper Delete, Blacked Out Kidney Grills, Projector Fog Lights, manual windows
-1996 318TI CALIFORNIA EDITION (SCHWARZ ZWEI): BACK IN BLACK!
Current Mods: European Front License Plate, Rear Wiper Delete, Bosch Miata Battery, Blacked Out Ambers, 17" Contours (non-staggered), Kenwood Stereo (Bluetooth/USB/CD), City Lights, Corner Running Light Delete, Rear Taillight Mod (//M style brake light), Passport 9500xi Radar Detector (Hardwired), Laguna Seca Decal, Stripped Out Interior, Debaffled Airbox, Blacked Out Kidney Grills, Fog Light Delete, M3 front bumper w/ lip, Sparco Hood Pins, Sparco Trunk Springs, NRG Carbon Fiber Shift Knob, Rokkor Coilovers, Magnaflow Muffler (11225)

Whats Coming Next: NRG Steering wheel, Corbeau Forza Seats and Sliders (X2), NRG Race Style Steering Wheel with MOMO Hub, UUC Clutch Stop,, M3 Side Moldings, Manual Window regulators
pcalahane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:05 AM   #19
Jean H.318TI

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxJohnBoyxxx View Post
Man you guys are getting me worried....

I post up some pictures of my carbon sunroof so a member can see what it looks like and now the thread has gone off course about "How easy it would be"

You all are responsible for any nightmares I have tonight. Ok? and I have to be up @ 4:30 to catch a flight to Huntville, AL. My evening flight was canceled due to weather in Atlanta.

I'm going to have my wife drive me to the airport tomorrow morning so the car can stay home under surveillance while I'm out of town.
dont worry i feel u, everyday i have to worry about the same stuff leaving my car at walmart parking lot for 8 - 10 hours a day, plus u know how people is, i have tons of door dings and stuff all over my car now but nobody broke in yet, and well i dont leave anything of value inside
Old 07-16-2010, 10:32 PM   #20
pcalahane

Vehicles

So i just got my carbon sunroof in the mail today as was wondering why it came pre-drilled on three sides?

-1996 318TI ACTIVE PACKAGE (ALPINE WEISS): 75-0MPH IN 3 ROLLS AND AN END TO END FLIP.
Mods: Complete M3 Body Kit, Carbon Fiber Side Mirrors, Carbon Fiber GTR Hood, Carbon Fiber Hatch, Carbon Fiber Sunroof Panel, Blacked Out Ambers and Taillights, 17' TSW Nagaro Rims, European Front License Plate, Sripped Out Interior, NRG Deep Dish Steering Wheel with MOMO Hub, NRG Carbon Fiber Shift Ball, Pioneer Avic N2 Stereo (Navigation/Bluetooth/CD), Cosmo Racing Cold Air Intake, Passenger Airbag Delete, Rear Wiper Delete, Blacked Out Kidney Grills, Projector Fog Lights, manual windows
Current Mods: European Front License Plate, Rear Wiper Delete, Bosch Miata Battery, Blacked Out Ambers, 17" Contours (non-staggered), Kenwood Stereo (Bluetooth/USB/CD), City Lights, Corner Running Light Delete, Rear Taillight Mod (//M style brake light), Passport 9500xi Radar Detector (Hardwired), Laguna Seca Decal, Stripped Out Interior, Debaffled Airbox, Blacked Out Kidney Grills, Fog Light Delete, M3 front bumper w/ lip, Sparco Hood Pins, Sparco Trunk Springs, NRG Carbon Fiber Shift Knob, Rokkor Coilovers, Magnaflow Muffler (11225)

Whats Coming Next: NRG Steering wheel, Corbeau Forza Seats and Sliders (X2), NRG Race Style Steering Wheel with MOMO Hub, UUC Clutch Stop,, M3 Side Moldings, Manual Window regulators
Old 07-17-2010, 03:19 AM   #21
318ti ghost

You can always do this!

Click image for larger version Name:	DSC07194.JPG Views:	160 Size:	178.4 KB ID:	10147

Click image for larger version Name:	DSC07200.JPG Views:	159 Size:	143.2 KB ID:	10148

Click image for larger version Name:	DSC07205.JPG Views:	161 Size:	157.6 KB ID:	10149

Click image for larger version Name:	DSC07214.JPG Views:	156 Size:	143.0 KB ID:	10150

Click image for larger version Name:	DSC07215.JPG Views:	158 Size:	176.2 KB ID:	10151
318ti ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:42 PM   #22
pcalahane

Vehicles

Why would we want to do that? The carbon is probably lighter, less of a pain to install, and looks alot sportier. Carbon always turns heads.

Old 07-18-2010, 01:35 AM   #23
tiFreak

Vehicles

Quote:
Why would we want to do that? The carbon is probably lighter, less of a pain to install, and looks alot sportier. Carbon always turns heads.
not everyone wants all that flashy carbon fiber
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:51 AM   #24
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

Quote:
And can't you take the CF panel out if you want/need to put the sunroof back in (e.g. to sell the car)?

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
roadrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:10 AM   #25
pcalahane

Vehicles

yeah if you ever want to. Its a ti... who would sell these babies? They break and we fix them. i plan on my future kids driving mine one day. lol

Old 07-19-2010, 10:53 PM   #26
pcalahane

Vehicles

Ok so i went to put mine in and it doesn't fit. Screw holes line up and everything but its a tad oversized on the sides (by the mount points). Any suggestions on how to trim it down easily?

Old 07-20-2010, 04:19 PM   #27
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Ok so i went to put mine in and it doesn't fit. Screw holes line up and everything but its a tad oversized on the sides (by the mount points). Any suggestions on how to trim it down easily?
I can tell you one very important thing. Do not breath the dust from carbon fibre. I don't know if it's a joke but I was told that it will kill you and there is no way for your lungs to get it out once it's in there.

I would use a sander like a "Mouse sander". I'm not sure what your talking about trimming but do not try to cut it, it will fracture, sand it. and Don't breath the dust.

Best of luck, John S
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:24 PM   #28
blndweasel

Carbon dust won't kill you, but it is just like any other particulate. People who have worked with fiberglass know this well... wear your N95 mask!

I think the resin is actually worse for you.

Either way... particulate inhalation is bad, m'kay?

1/1997 M44 ti M-Sport Schwartz II
blndweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:14 PM   #29
Mad-Machine

I am going to be doing something similar to mine this winter.. but I want the pop open hardware from a cheap glass sunroof so I can at least prop it up for air flow (or take it out)
Mad-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote