318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > I'm thinking about buying a ti.

Notices

I'm thinking about buying a ti. Ask all your questions about the possible purchase of a ti. Keep in mind, we are biased.

» Recent Threads
Wanted: 318ti automatic...
01-17-2024 09:34 PM
Last post by macilona
Yesterday 03:10 AM
3 Replies, 817,022 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 01-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #16
geetarspaz

Vehicles

What about a 135i
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326912952.089340.jpg Views:	118 Size:	90.8 KB ID:	12185  
geetarspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #17
tiFreak

Vehicles

I'd like to see it fixed, but I also want your steering wheel and intake, I'm so conflicted sucks that it happened though
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #18
L84THSKY

Don't like big engines, the 128i is as big as I wanna go. Gotta look into used prices or leasing. Problem with leasing is I drive a lot when I go Mt biking, so the mileage limit could be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetarspaz View Post
What about a 135i

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #19
L84THSKY

Enjoy my parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiFreak View Post
I'd like to see it fixed, but I also want your steering wheel and intake, I'm so conflicted sucks that it happened though

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
Old 01-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #20
geetarspaz

Vehicles

If I were to get a newer bmw it would def. be a 128i or 135i. I like them small.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #21
tiFreak

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84THSKY View Post
Enjoy my parts
so I've got dibs?

how does the Carbonio fit with the Depo headlights? only reason I'm thinking of getting rid of my Dinan it because it won't fit with Depos and I don't want to modify such a rare part in case I decide to sell it or I ruin it
Old 01-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #22
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Well crap. Sorry to see your baby in such a mess Eric. All of your mods were done cleanly with exceptionally high standards. If you don't want to fix it, I suggest selling it to someone who will. You car is still really nice, just needs a little tlc and it'll be BETTER than new. KBB is not an accurate source regarding value of these cars. Others have had the same issue with insurance companies under-valuing their ti's and have came here for verification. You should compose a list of 318ti's being sold and show it to your insurance company so they can see the REAL value. The 318ti isn't just a run of the mill e36, they tend to hold their value a little better.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #23
geetarspaz

Vehicles

Jess always knows what to say
Old 01-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #24
L84THSKY

Aren't my lights Depos, I can't remember? Tight fit though.

Quote:
so I've got dibs?

how does the Carbonio fit with the Depo headlights? only reason I'm thinking of getting rid of my Dinan it because it won't fit with Depos and I don't want to modify such a rare part in case I decide to sell it or I ruin it

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
Old 01-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #25
L84THSKY

What's interesting is, the Geico adjuster said they will check the average price of my car in a 100 mile radius. He finishes his work, and tells me, "I can't find enough of these cars in 100 miles to get an average price, so I will have to get back with the answer tomorrow".

Keep in mind, he is checking on value based on a non modified car, and he already said the added parts don't come into play.

Have to see what he says, I really don't see how the amount he gives me would fix the car, they are gonna total it.

It's perfectly drivable, and that is what I'm gonna do for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
Well crap. Sorry to see your baby in such a mess Eric. All of your mods were done cleanly with exceptionally high standards. If you don't want to fix it, I suggest selling it to someone who will. You car is still really nice, just needs a little tlc and it'll be BETTER than new. KBB is not an accurate source regarding value of these cars. Others have had the same issue with insurance companies under-valuing their ti's and have came here for verification. You should compose a list of 318ti's being sold and show it to your insurance company so they can see the REAL value. The 318ti isn't just a run of the mill e36, they tend to hold their value a little better.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
Old 01-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #26
tiFreak

Vehicles

Quote:
Aren't my lights Depos, I can't remember? Tight fit though.
how tight exactly? if it fits about the same as the Dinan I might pass on it
Old 01-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #27
L84THSKY

Just found this on Ebayhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

What do you guys think. I spoke to the seller, gonna try and see it before auction closes.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
Old 01-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #28
L84THSKY

The K & N filter is squeezed in pretty tight, but not too hard to remove to clean. The Carbonio does it's job, and the filter rests on top of the brake duct.

Quote:
how tight exactly? if it fits about the same as the Dinan I might pass on it

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd

Last edited by L84THSKY; 01-18-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #29
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Quote:
Keep in mind, he is checking on value based on a non modified car, and he already said the added parts don't come into play.
I had the same problem when my car 1998 was totaled in 2000.
1998 Sport with California Roof.
New re-built tranny, new tires. Cruise, OBC, lower lip, rear spoiler.
They compared it to a 1998 Base. It took a mound of ads to get what the car was really worth. I told them, if I can get the exact car for what they were offering, I was fine with that. They couldn't. I would think the insurance company would work better with you since you are not at fault.

Good luck.
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #30
L84THSKY

Geico just called. After deducting $200.00 for my deductible, and salvage value of $550.00, they are cutting me a check for $4331.48, and I keep the car.

Not bad, since I will keep driving it, and eventually part it out this Spring.

Driving to the adjuster now, to get my check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
I had the same problem when my car 1998 was totaled in 2000.
1998 Sport with California Roof.
New re-built tranny, new tires. Cruise, OBC, lower lip, rear spoiler.
They compared it to a 1998 Base. It took a mound of ads to get what the car was really worth. I told them, if I can get the exact car for what they were offering, I was fine with that. They couldn't. I would think the insurance company would work better with you since you are not at fault.

Good luck.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd