318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
1997 318ti under 5000...
10-08-2022 11:52 PM
Last post by kupkake303
06-04-2024 06:01 PM
16 Replies, 34,030 Views
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by H4MMY
06-04-2024 07:15 AM
212 Replies, 1,630,758 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 03-26-2007, 12:37 AM   #31
AlaskaBlue

Good job on getting your ti in a magazine. Sure it isn't the most over done car, but that is part of the charm. I am not a fan of really over done cars. Can we all get along here now and keep snide comments aside?
Old 03-26-2007, 01:14 AM   #32
SDKmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaughn View Post
Cool.. Your opinion. I'd rather not spend whatever this magazine costs to see a car that I could see on here or on any other enthusiast website. I'd rather spend my money to see unlimited bugdet project cars or the really cool projects that the high end tuner shops are kicking out. That is what I like to read. Why are you taking it so personal that I don't like this magazine?
Um actually if you would have read my whole post you would have realized that it does have a combination of real budget and radical unlimited budget cars. Like I said, you shouldnt talk until you actually know what you are talking about. The only reason Im gettin pissed is everyone hateing on this guys car. Its a nice looking, clean representation of the 318ti community. Anyone here would be lucky to drive it. We should be happy that one of our own made it into a mag instead of saying his car sucks. Dont be pissed cause they chose his car and not yours.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:17 AM   #33
SDKmann

Once again, congrats Marcus, your car definitly deserves the article. Its a very good representaion of the ti community, hopefully this will help people realize how great the ti really is.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:22 AM   #34
HuGo

Seriously WTF??? If you guys havent realized it yet, we are turning just like those guys we dont like, who may you ask, those guys at bfc. As far as im seeing in this thread or any others, we are no different than them. Now, bfc is an all around BMW forum. But not this one, this one is a SPECIFIC!! 318ti forum. No instead of being happy for eachother (cuz yea, we all have same cars here) and congratulating that a TI made it on a mag, we are hating on eachother. Everyone hates on everyone there, and they especially hate the 318's, and now we are hating on eachother too. So we are practically being the same way with 318s now. As far as i see, we are no better than them. We may as well be 318ti.bfc.org

Im sorry for calling that guy a retard. I wasnt in a very good mood that day and it happens.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:03 AM   #35
AlaskaBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996Bmw318TI View Post
Seriously WTF??? If you guys havent realized it yet, we are turning just like those guys we dont like, who may you ask, those guys at bfc. As far as im seeing in this thread or any others, we are no different than them. Now, bfc is an all around BMW forum. But not this one, this one is a SPECIFIC!! 318ti forum. No instead of being happy for eachother (cuz yea, we all have same cars here) and congratulating that a TI made it on a mag, we are hating on eachother. Everyone hates on everyone there, and they especially hate the 318's, and now we are hating on eachother too. So we are practically being the same way with 318s now. As far as i see, we are no better than them. We may as well be 318ti.bfc.org

Im sorry for calling that guy a retard. I wasnt in a very good mood that day and it happens.

Agreed. Its really great that a member here was put in a magazine. That deserves some degree of respect. Each one of us has put more than money into our cars. We have practically put our souls in them. It is no wonder that we get upset when people say bad things about our car, let alone our own community.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:08 AM   #36
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996Bmw318TI View Post

+1

(I never thought I'd ever +1 one of Hugo's posts...)

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:28 AM   #37
SDKmann

Thats for sure but seriously, good post Hugo. Now, back to the awesomeness that was featured between the pages of Eurotuner...
Old 03-26-2007, 02:28 AM   #38
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBlue View Post
Agreed. Its really great that a member here was put in a magazine. That deserves some degree of respect. Each one of us has put more than money into our cars. We have practically put our souls in them. It is no wonder that we get upset when people say bad things about our car, let alone our own community.
Exactly. Why do you think i dont want to get rid of my Ti. Cuz I love my Ti. It freaking hurts to see me walk by it EVERYDAY and see it how it is. Especially now that ive torn it apart of all the stuff i dont need. And i just want to drive it already. Yet alone with all the upgrades im gonna do to it (yes, im still going to do them) and it makes me just want to drive it even more.

And like ive said many many times, to each their own. If i do something to my car its because i like it. But common, give props to someone whos car got in a magazine, yet alone someone WHOS ACTUALLY FROM THIS FORUM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustenT View Post
+1

(I never thought I'd ever +1 one of Hugo's posts...)
LoL!!

Seriously though, i dont really like going on bfc. But were turning out like them, but talking crap about our own same cars. They talk to much sheet of the 318s. But sometimes i laugh cuz i know i can kill some of their 325's and 328s and i just try not to get mad over it cuz its not worth it. As of now, im visiting almost everyday looking for parts i need (only found 1, and suppose to be getting 2 more but no answer). Ive found good deals but they from east coast so it would be a lot to ship anyways. I also look for meets since there's more variety of people who are from LA.

I try to be nice here and there, but someone just has to blow up in my face and thats when i start talking sh!t and then thats when I get in trouble and not them and it aint fair. Doesnt matter what post, what thread, what here and there, that same person follows me, and likes to piss me off or make me look dumb. Ive said before, im not the biggest person to know about engines and stuff, but i do learn as i go. What happen that other day, branden got all pissed and trying to say im ripping him off when i wasnt even selling him anything But we really need to stop crapping on eachother.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:43 AM   #39
Panzer_M

I just don't agree with the car being worthy of a write-up. It's just vanilla to me as a modded Ti goes. Clean..but boring. Nothing new nothing that stands out from the crowd IMO, and the way Euro wrote the feature..well it really put me off.makes the owner sound like a doof, and the overall project of modding a Ti with a DASC a special feat. Maybe it's their staff limited knowledge of the car, but I would love them to do a writeup on a built Ti like Clex's S50.

As for Eurotuner, I finally read it..yea first and last issue I buy not really impressed with it

these are my standard fare,

1. Roundel
2. GrassRoots MotorSports(Always prepping a BMW for this or that)
3. Bimmer, good for their buyer's guides, and DIY articles.
4. Performance BMW(UK), good for random Tech Stuff
5. BMW Car(UK)
6. Total BMW(UK)

plus I could list a few german rags, but I'll keep it to the english language ones for the majority.
http://www.cfbmw.org/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=1
Panzer_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:53 AM   #40
SDKmann

WHAT?!?! How could you put performance BMW in front of Eurotuner? Have you seen this months cover? A 7 on 100 spoke wires and hydrolics isnt what I would call a quality mag, half the stuff in there is boarderline rice...
Look at it this way, the car may not be "radical" but atleast someones giving us coverage. Its still a very nice car, and IS worthy of the article.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:03 AM   #41
Panzer_M

Heh the performance plug is cause someone here in Florida does Photo work for them here and in England. Free issues vs 4$ a issue of anything is points.

Although the last issue I actually picked up was Jan'06.

One CFBMW member here in Florida got his M20 Turbo 2002ti in Performance and CFBMW/Central Florida got in a issue for the last SummerBlaze mega-meet.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:20 AM   #42
SDKmann

Yeah I saw the 2002ti turbo and that was definitly one of the better cars featured. Most of the time its rice though. Euro had a problem with that before and I didnt like em but now they have pretty solid cars, like Marcus's.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:26 AM   #43
Phamster

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus2116 View Post
hey fellas. Yeah i was pretty stoked that they put it in there. Thanks for showing the support.

Dam dude.. didn't know your ride had all that. haha CONGRATS man!
Phamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:00 AM   #44
mohaughn

Quote:
O and mohaughn i didnt know that you rally.... you must need ground clearance..
What? Where did that come from... My car is actually pretty low. Much lower than it was stock.

Quote:
The only reason Im gettin pissed is everyone hateing on this guys car. Its a nice looking, clean representation of the 318ti community. Anyone here would be lucky to drive it. We should be happy that one of our own made it into a mag instead of saying his car sucks. Dont be pissed cause they chose his car and not yours.
That's fine, but that is not me. I've not made any negative comment about his car. Nor did I ever say his car sucks... My comments, as I clarified earlier, are directed at EuroTuner.. I don't care for it, and yes I have read it.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:24 AM   #45
Panzer_M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaughn View Post
That's fine, but that is not me. I've not made any negative comment about his car. Nor did I ever say his car sucks... My comments, as I clarified earlier, are directed at EuroTuner.. I don't care for it, and yes I have read it.
I agree with Mo, on EuroTuner, It's Vdub-centric..to me personally.