Last post by Jclare318ti
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
0 Replies, 1,313 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 10-25-2007, 03:05 AM   #61
larryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv17 View Post
yeah. sry for those who seemed to bitch too much like lil girls in high school.
Hmm. Funny you're in a group photo. Interesting. I love it when offenders claim to be victims.
larryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 03:29 AM   #62
teetime4one

Vehicles

yikes...is that right?

Sean
1995 Active
teetime4one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 04:35 AM   #63
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Hmm. Funny you're in a group photo. Interesting. I love it when offenders claim to be victims.
So having your picture taken makes you an offender? Seems like the only people complaining are people who aren't in SoCal. Personally I'm not fond of the idea of people submiting pics of other peoples cars. And IMO none of the group photos were really even calendar material. Maybe the one with the 4 cars in Malibu, but the others sucked anyway. There's roughly 7 or 8 members that regularly participate in the SoCal meets. Compaired to the 300 or so active members and thousands of members registered on this site, I don't see why it's such a big deal. I'm guilty of not participating, but if it really bothers people I'd be happy to submit an old photo of my car. The problem we have is that there isn't many choices and the choices we do have happen to be lousy. Kind of like the last presidential election. I still haven't voted yet, because I was hoping things would get resolved and Steven would make an exception and let people submit late entries, but if everyone was to vote, we wouldn't have a problem. I suggest that next year we're only allowed to submit our OWN vehicle and perhaps one group photo taken from our OWN camera to use for the cover.

Edit, I just looked at the entries again and noticed a lot of them have been deleted. The group photo taken in malibu sucks, but there WAS a better one. Jaimito79's pic is gone and it was one of my favorites of his hellrot clubsport(RIP). The Oklahomeboys have an excellent group photo and IMO should be on the cover.
"K. Denham 1996 318ti" and clex both have great action shots.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:20 AM   #64
Marv17

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teetime4one View Post
yikes...is that right?
oh.... dont be a lil b*tch buddy. cry to someone else. btw for ur INFO i didnt submit that pic or any other pic for that matter so if u better watch out how u talk bro. cuz im a neutral kind of guy, im pretty laid back unlike u that has a st*ck up ur a$$. sheesh. what a whiner. and im the one that agreed for having steven choose the calendar pics. for that matter i care less who "wins" and get in it. its just a freakin' calendar. i thought this site is to show support and help each other out and compliment on each other's cars. but lately i just hear bickering and whining and complaining. arent u all grown adults (mojority)?? or just immature ppl?
steven just pick it and end this non-sense. next year, just gotta lay down some stricter rules that everyone has to follow no matter what.

edit: oh and btw way larryn, i just looked at the pics and im not even in one of them. so look before you start speaking. i wasnt even at those meets anyhow.... thats all i have to say. dip ****....
Marv17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:04 AM   #65
kelso

cool, so it looks like im in? and am i also september or are the months not chosen yet? cause thats my bday month so just weird coincidence my pic is number 9
as far as other pics, i really liked the blue one going into the corner and the rear shot of the hellrot. i dont know why but those 2 kind of stuck out to me...
kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:13 AM   #66
cali-ti
aka Stabby

Quote:
arent u all grown adults (mojority)?? or just immature ppl?
ehhh ... http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthrea...t=demographics

current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:56 PM   #67
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Oh here we go again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelso View Post
cool, so it looks like im in? and am i also september or are the months not chosen yet? cause thats my bday month so just weird coincidence my pic is number 9
as far as other pics, i really liked the blue one going into the corner and the rear shot of the hellrot. i dont know why but those 2 kind of stuck out to me...
I'm not sure yet of the pictures. I just wanted to start the process. In the past I've put pictures on people's birthdays.
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:56 PM   #68
larryn

LOL. Marv, Look who's whining and trying (yet failing) to be an e-thug? I meant that you were complaining about complainers. Pot calling the kettle?

As I said, group photos encourage stacked votes, which is wrong. Why even have voting if somebody will submit a pic with 8 cars in it, and all of those members automatically will vote for themselves. Btw, I'm not "fighting for my pic" either, because my ride is absent as well. I was talking about fairness.

It sucks that because of those poeple, our votes do not count. The next best thing is for Steven to choose the pictures, after the voting was tainted (for two voting rounds!).
larryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:17 PM   #69
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
oh.... dont be a lil b*tch buddy. cry to someone else. btw for ur INFO i didnt submit that pic or any other pic for that matter so if u better watch out how u talk bro. cuz im a neutral kind of guy, im pretty laid back unlike u that has a st*ck up ur a$$. sheesh. what a whiner. and im the one that agreed for having steven choose the calendar pics. for that matter i care less who "wins" and get in it. its just a freakin' calendar. i thought this site is to show support and help each other out and compliment on each other's cars. but lately i just hear bickering and whining and complaining. arent u all grown adults (mojority)?? or just immature ppl?
steven just pick it and end this non-sense. next year, just gotta lay down some stricter rules that everyone has to follow no matter what.

edit: oh and btw way larryn, i just looked at the pics and im not even in one of them. so look before you start speaking. i wasnt even at those meets anyhow.... thats all i have to say. dip ****....
Nice. It's hard to take a post like this serious when you have to read it 3 times to understand what it means. Insults mean more when you can understand them, just a tip.

Can you tell it's a full moon? Seems like everyone's got antsies in their pantsies.

Hopefully you guys can pull it together and make it work next year.

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:09 PM   #70
Philly

wow... c'mon ladies, ease up on the drama...

Im super glad I never ended up submitting anything... this is just sad and im glad im taking no part in it...
last years went awesome and smooth and some great pics made it to the calendar...
this year, i havn't even had the ambition to vote on any submissions... cause 95% of them are sad sad sad...

IMO, scrap the crap we have now... give everyone a week or 2 to submit another picture the right way (or, not at all) and then give another 2 weeks for PROPER voting...then assemble the calendar towards the end of november or early december... at this rate, with the caliber of the photos, im not even considering a purchase, as much as id like to show support...

328Ti

Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:23 PM   #71
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd_king View Post
IMO, scrap the crap we have now... give everyone a week or 2 to submit another picture the right way (or, not at all) and then give another 2 weeks for PROPER voting...then assemble the calendar towards the end of november or early december... at this rate, with the caliber of the photos, im not even considering a purchase, as much as id like to show support...
I agree, most of the pics that will likely make it in are not calendar caliber, mostly because none of them include my car.

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:57 PM   #72
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd_king View Post
wow... c'mon ladies, ease up on the drama...

Im super glad I never ended up submitting anything... this is just sad and im glad im taking no part in it...
last years went awesome and smooth and some great pics made it to the calendar...
this year, i havn't even had the ambition to vote on any submissions... cause 95% of them are sad sad sad...

Couldn't have said it better myself. Right on! 1 photo per person, of their OWN car. Group photo's should go in a seperate category for voting by Steven or an unbiased group.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:24 PM   #73
lkwd318ti

If my picture isn't up to par according to your guys' opinion, sorry ...
But I do agree that some of the pictures that don't seem like they don't belong in a calendar.
This is MY OPINION, so please, I don't mean to offend anyone.
-For jgrimm's picture, the quality doesn't look all that great on your initial submission, but after pshop, the other guys made it look pretty good. Too bad your wheels were facing the other way.
-For stealthbimmer's picture, it would've been cool if your car wasn't straight up in the middle and you could've showed more of the boat. I know you wanted to show the guns lol, but I think it could've been composed better.
-For Msentme's picture, it's a cool picture, too bad the E46 was a tad bit too much to the left IMO.
-For raym3power's picture, it's just ALL CAR, that's about it lol...
-For Bozola's picture, this one is honestly my favorite out of all the ones that were submitted.
-For my picture, I think I could've positioned my car better so that the pyramid would've been on the left side, and my car on the right. I should've used the correct white balance too to avoid photoshopping the colors.
-For h3-2.1 ti's picture, it would've been cool if you got lower to take the picture.
-For lilblkbmw's picture, you should use a tripod, it's a blurry picture, or totally out of focus.
-For kelso's picture, it's plain, but I like it for some reason hahah...
-For mothman's picture, the cars are out of focus in that pic, would've been cool if they were in focus though.
-for m3_killer's picture (hugo's), the car isn't in focus, it's focused on the dragons instead. Good job using a tripod that time though.
-For jaimito79's picture, you should've taken 1 step back to get the top and bottom of the car (cuts off at the tire in the rear wheel).
Once again this is what I think, you guys can take it however you want to, but I really didn't want to offend anyone.

I do agree about resubmissions with FAIR voting.
If your car is in the pic, you can't vote for that picture, it should be as simple as that.
The person submitting the picture should be of his or own car, OR the person submitting it should be the person who took the picture.
Another idea i could think of is...if you submit a picture, you can't vote.
and the voters should be required to vote on ALL pictures.
RWD_king...
your car is a hot nonsport lol...

-Randy
Now Featuring:318ti.org sticker Now featuring: Hartge exhaust|Blacked out Grilles|Front Clear Corners or Ambers depending on how I feel|325is vented front brakes|Bilstein Sports|H&R Sports|E46 RSMs w/ Z3 reinforcment plates|16" Style 45s|17" E46 M68 rims|18" Authentic Hartge Classics C|OEM M135 ZHP wheels
and
99 Titan Silver 323is Dinan S1+few more mods
Coming sometime in the future:...SCed 2.1...new (to me) car mod maybe?...all in one car
lkwd318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:59 PM   #74
Mallard

Vehicles

i wish i had submitted now

but in a way im glad i didnt

Vin Number decode and Retrofit Pdfs Available Free ! Just PM
Mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:13 PM   #75
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Quote: