318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Engine Swaps

Notices

Engine Swaps Engine conversions.

» Recent Threads
looove
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
Last post by RichardBug
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
0 Replies, 1,584 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 07-25-2005, 04:56 AM   #1
Alex Lipowich

Default Euro Swap pending....

In an effort to prove how awesome this is, I'm going to be putting a euro 3.0 engine into a TI that I picked up on ebay rather inexpensively.

This engine will be available for resale by the end of the summer I hope with compression and leakdown figures, as well as a dyno figure as well most likely.

I may choose to sell the engine and car as a package as well. For the moment, it will retain stock transmission and differential, but be converted to front E36 M3 shocks/spring and hubs along with stock M3 front swaybar. It will include the euro cluster, a euro catalytic converter, and it will have passed emissions in Illinois.

I have several more of these coming in about 5 weeks.

Alex Lipowich
Alex Lipowich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 07:13 PM   #2
Blackie

Are you in Illinois?
Blackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 07:30 PM   #3
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Lipowich
c
I have several more of these coming in about 5 weeks.

Alex Lipowich

More euro 3.0L engines coming??
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 07:54 PM   #4
madfronter

So are you telling us you will have more euro 3.0 engines coming in?
I am hoping to swap my engine in the next year or so and need to find an engine I can afford.
madfronter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:39 PM   #5
Alex Lipowich

Default Yes...

Yes, I do have more motors coming in. I do however make it a policy NOT to really take a deposit and give a firm price ahead of time for a couple of reasons. My 20 foot container left 2 days ago.

I offer a money back guarantee that the engine will run and work. I can do this with complete confidence, because the engine was running before it came out of the car... I see to it.

I buy my motors from a gentleman who buys WHOLE cars that have been in accidents. He will not buy a car that he can not start and run to verify that the engine is good. This is very different from buying randomly from people selling on the internet. Its not a trivial distinction.

I am not trying to make a huge profit on each one, I am actually pricing each motor depending to some extent on what the person needs in the package, how complete the package is, and what car its going in to. I also have to take into account most of all what it cost to buy it, bring it here, and the exchange rate in europe can influence that as well.

In general, a really complete package could include... front front to back....
radiator, water hoses, oil cooler, oil cooler lines, fan and clutch, alternator, PS pump, AC compressor, Air pump, all pulleys, Airbox, HFM, rubber boot, all intake manifold parts, throttle bodies, injectors, coils, full harness, DME (vanos controller too for 3.0), For 3.2's (EWS box, FM analogue/digital converterbox, key, key ring antenna) cluster, header, catalytic, exhaust, transmission drive shaft.

I have in addition some Euro M3 suspensions, all parts.

I would build a system for whatever people want. Items are for sure first come first serve as I may not have all parts for everything...but then the cost is less too to make up for that.

Alex Lipowich
Old 07-28-2005, 10:46 PM   #6
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

Well keep us informed cause i know i might be interested. Can you give us a price range for this? Not the exact price but something iin the ballpark.
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 12:15 AM   #7
Alex Lipowich

I have sold a couple engine packages for less than 6K delivered for 3.0, but they have been discounted for missing parts in some instances....... Bare minimum is likely to be around 5500 plus shipping.... but this is a bare minimum. I missed that someone asked for rough estimates, hence the post.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:27 AM   #8
Blackie

Alex,

Where are you located? If you are in Illinois, I might be interested in one of these engines.

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2005, 05:13 AM   #9
96cali

Alex- just curious, do you ship the whole front end? A 20' container holds a lot of crates. Unless your smuggling Germans in there too...

96cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 03:34 PM   #10
madfronter

I am really interested now. Keep us posted.
madfronter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 07:40 AM   #11
Alex Lipowich

Default Responses

Yes, I'm in Illinois.
I do not ship whole clips or front ends.
However, I have 3 packages coming in that will include the provision for converting to M3 spec front suspension with complete assemblies of front struts/springs/shocks/knuckle/caliper/rotor etc...
A 20 foot container actually holds less than you might think. This one will have 5 Euro M3 engines, 3 six speeds, 2 5 speeds, an S14 and a pair of CR transmissions from the euro E30 M3 and exhausts, cats, suspensions and some spare parts as well.

I'm hoping all will arrive by end of august.

Alex
Old 08-05-2005, 02:13 PM   #12
Blackie

Alex,

I work in Elk Grove, a stone throw away from you. I would like to come by sometimes and see what you have, once they arrived. Are you doing the swap yourself or someone else doing it for you? What would the labor cost be? PM me your contact info.

Thanks!
Old 08-05-2005, 03:32 PM   #13
Alex Lipowich

I will be doing my TI swap myself. I can arrange for estimates locally for the swap to be done by other mechanics. Although I'm capable of doing this work, and I have done it on several occasions on my race car, I'm not able to promise timely work given my real job, and its limitations time wise. I am in touch with several great mechanics in the area that can provide the service however.

Alex.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:29 AM   #14
Clemente

Hey guys if your looking for good m3 motors try these guys. I have two sources, one is for euro m3 3.0 and 3.2 evo motors (www.m3spares.com) I have personally talked to matt and russel these guys are in the U.K. they will send you pics and video of the motors running.(best prices I've found for Euro motors and the lowest mileage). The best prices I've found for U.S. Spec M3 motors is cherry-auto.com (big selection) hope this info helps.
Clemente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 10:21 PM   #15
Alex Lipowich

Default Its all here!

1 S14 2.3
2 S50B32 engines
2 S50B30 engines (probably spoken for)
3 E36 5 speed gearboxes (and some drive shafts)
3 E30 CR dog leg gearboxes
5 E36 Euro 6 speeds gearboxes (some drive shafts)
2 full sets of euro E36 front and rear suspensions, one with diff too.
A couple of Euro catalytics and mufflers, a SS straight pipe or two

I have not gotten the entire bill for transportation and packing. I believe that the bombings in europe and some other trade issues made this a lot more expensive than I bargained for. I try to sell complete packages, but what I have done in the past is to make the first come first serve policy mean that if I only have one part, it goes with the first engine package.

As mentioned before I'm also working on that 3.0 into my TI project, and it may become available separately if I decide to later drop a 3.2 and SMG unit into the TI to try that on for size.

Alex Lipowich (now accepting offers, and ready to move this stuff after this long weekend)