03-01-2024 11:00 PM
Last post by Andy318
03-18-2024 02:34 PM
3 Replies, 132,405 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 07-23-2007, 02:24 PM   #1
Storz

Default Hunsaker Synkro Seats $200

**I am also willing to trade these for BMW/E36 related stuff...

Bought these to put into my ti, however have decided against installing aftermarket seats right now as it will bump me out of G-Stock for autocross.

Very comfortable, reclining race style seats. These are not the pep-boys rebadge seats that everyone sells. Hunsaker is based out of CA and has been making off road stuff for a long time. The drivers side has a small tear on one of the bolsters. They will include the sliders. Local pickup preferred, I am in Cary.
Info
http://www.hunsakersports.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=194

Old 07-25-2007, 05:13 PM   #2
robcarync

hey man i may be interested...i have a decent speeding ticket pending right now, but i may be able to get it reduced so i need to see how that plays out (should be hearing from the cop later today)

i am in Greenville SC right now co-oping with BMW, but i will be going home to Cary the weekend of August 3rd.

this is still tentative right now, but its a good price, and you being from cary is a plus so i dont have to deal with shipping. ill let you know...
Pioneer Speakers [] Aluminum Billet door locks [] ACS Pedals/Deadrest [] ACS Shift Knob / E-Brake Handle [] Clear Corners/Tails/Sides [] Sylvania Exterior Lighting [] Custom CAI [] Dinan Engine Chip [] Dinan Transmission Chip [] H&R Race Springs [] Tokico Illumina Shocks [] BMW X-Brace [] Relocated Lighter Mod [] Custom iPod Mod
http://www.cardomain.com/id/robcarync
Old 07-26-2007, 01:21 AM   #3
Storz

Sounds good - I havent had any serious interest yet so let me know.

The little tear on the drivers seat has also been repaired and looks really good now
Old 07-26-2007, 01:06 PM   #4
robcarync

just to double check...with the slider brackets, the seats will bolt right in to a 318ti, no fabrication necessary?

have you ever installed them in your car to try them out? im just curious about the possibilty of having a passenger in the back seat with these bad boys, though not many people go to the back seat anyway so im not worried, just wondering.

they look pretty good....i defintiely need some new seats because my current ones have stains on them from people spilling stuff and has a ciggarette burn hole from the previous owner...these seats look pretty clean from the picture...are there any noticable stains that you cant tell from the picture?

i have been looking at racing seats for a while now like just cheap ones on ebay but shipping ruins everything on huge items like seats....the fact that you are in cary....really rocks man

the seats look pretty cool... but the bolsters look like...they could eat you alive from that picture...lol
Pioneer Speakers [] Aluminum Billet door locks [] ACS Pedals/Deadrest [] ACS Shift Knob / E-Brake Handle [] Clear Corners/Tails/Sides [] Sylvania Exterior Lighting [] Custom CAI [] Dinan Engine Chip [] Dinan Transmission Chip [] H&R Race Springs [] Tokico Illumina Shocks [] BMW X-Brace [] Relocated Lighter Mod [] Custom iPod Mod
Old 07-26-2007, 02:38 PM   #5
Storz

The seats are in really good condition, the drivers seat had a little tear in it however I stitched it up and it looks really good, these however are not a direct bolt in for the ti....you will need to either fab up or buy a set of brackets. I never had the them in my ti but they do fold forward for rear access.

On a side note - the reason I am selling them is to get a set of WRX seats for my ti, and I think I found someone local who wants to trade, so these may not be available after this weekend....however check out www.hunsakersports.com and you can get them new shipped to your door for $450

Also please stay as far away from cheap ebay/pep boys/autozone seats as you can, a seat is part of the safety system of a car and those things are just dangerous, stick with a real race seat company.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:09 PM   #6
robcarync

any idea where to get brackets to fit a universal sliding seat?

if they arent available, that is fine though. just looks interesting.

no cheapo ebay seats for me.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:13 PM   #7
Storz

Quote:
Originally Posted by robcarync View Post
any idea where to get brackets to fit a universal sliding seat?

if they arent available, that is fine though. just looks interesting.

no cheapo ebay seats for me.

www.corbeau.com
www.hunsakersports.com both sell them
Old 07-29-2007, 10:29 PM   #8
Storz

Well the seats are still available as of 7/29

$200 bucks takes em!!
Old 07-29-2007, 10:38 PM   #9
Bluebimma

Since when are ebay/autozone cheapy seats bad? I know many people with them, and those who have been in accidents with them with no problems. Do you have proof that those seats are unsafe?

1998 Schwartz II sport 318ti - M50TUB25/5
Old 07-30-2007, 01:58 PM   #10
robcarync

does that corbeau site say the brackets are $99 each for the 318...so another 200 dollars just to install the seats?

that is EXPENSIVE....wowzers

i am going to do some searching on some mounting brackets, and see what i can come up with...but right now its looking like i will be wanting these bad boys...

but i will let you know for sure....cuase im not sure i can afford another 200 bucks to install the seats....grrr
Old 07-30-2007, 06:43 PM   #11
Storz

You wont actually need the full brackets, the Corbeau ones have sliders etc already on them. These seats will include sliders, all you will need to do is fab up a bracket of some sort, if you know anyone that welds it wont be hard at all
Old 07-30-2007, 06:52 PM   #12
robcarync

i don't know anyone that welds :-( i havent seen exactly how the sliders fit and where the bracket needs to go....i know how the stock seat fits in...i imagine it can't be too hard, but without welding equipment im not sure what i would do.

what were your plans for installing originally?

i need to think about how id obtain some brackets because i know for a fact i cant drop another 200 on brackets at the moment.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:25 PM   #13
Storz

I have a few friends that can weld

Check out wedge engineering, they can make brackets for anything

http://www.wedgeengineering.net/
Old 07-31-2007, 01:12 PM   #14
robcarync

i saw that website but they are still priced at 75-100 each which for two seats is still 150-200 just for brackets

who would have thought brackets would be soo expensive

i will let you know if i decide to buy them, but feel free to go ahead and get rid of them if you find another buyer since i cant commit to anything yet

damn brackets make things more complicated
Old 07-31-2007, 05:40 PM   #15
Storz

$175 and they are yours.
Closed Thread