04-16-2024 01:18 PM
Last post by RichardBug
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
0 Replies, 2,018 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 10-16-2007, 03:54 AM   #1
BurningRiver

Default Unique High Performance Diesel 318ti for Sale

Offered for sale is a truly unique BMW performance car VIN No. WBACG5326SAM50832. Car is a modified 1995 318ti. Most cars compromise performance in the pursuit of fuel economy or ignore fuel economy in the pursuit of performance. This car gives you both, delivering an honest 40mpg on the highway while bumping the engine HP and torque over the stock gasoline engine.

Here’s the brief version of the story. I acquired a very clean 318ti in the later half of 2006. All work was professionally done by Koala Motorsport (www.koalamotorsport.com). Transplant involved removing the stock gas engine then sourcing and installing a BMW diesel engine (2.5L six cylinder intercooled and turbocharged diesel) complete with 5 speed manual gearbox and a 2.64 differential in place of the stock components. NOTE: this is is NOT the 524td engine some diesel fans may be familiar with, but a more modern, second generation unit with ECU, intercooler, turbo and all the good stuff. For good measure, the ECU is tweaked with an Upsolute performance chip to yield a full 167 hp and 230 lb./ft. of torque vs. the stock gas engine’s 138 hp and 133 lb./ft. of torque. Yes, it makes a BIG performance improvement vs. the gas engine. The diesel has so much torque you can start in second gear. At 65 mph, the engine is just loafing along at 2300 rpm. The icing on the performance cake is a jump in fuel economy from 30 mpg on gas to a no BS 40mpg (I've done 44 mpg on long trips). Car has been on the road since February 2007.

Impeccably maintained, PS, PB, Power Sunroof, Manual Trans, Power locks and windows, Sony AM/FM tape, blue exterior, faun colored leather interior, alloy wheels. Vehicle has 125K miles; engine 100K. This 325tds is the ultimate “no worries” used car. Everything works. This means everything. Whatever didn’t work was repaired or replaced. My obsessive-compulsive nature works to your benefit. Check the list below of what has been done.

Engine & Transmission:

New Glow Plugs
Valve adjustment/New Valve cover gasket
New Timing Belt
New TB tensioner
New thermostat
New serpentine belt
New coolant hoses
New Air Filter
New Battery
Flushed and Replaced coolant
New Fuel filter
Monthly dose of PowerService Diesel Kleen additive
Amsoil 5W-40 synthetic oil
New Windshield washer pump

Chassis and Suspension

Newer Yokohama Avid H4 tires (less than 15K miles)
New Sach Front Struts and Rear Shocks
New rear wheel bearing
Drain and flush brake system; new brake fluid
New front and rear brake pads
New front brake rotors
Four wheel alignment and dynamic wheel balance

Interior and General:

Leather interior is in good shape. Some cracking appearing in the leather, but no discoloration or tears. Dashboard is blemish and crack-free.

Over $18K invested. Fairly priced at $8,500.

Whoever gets this BMW will have no surprises and no disappointments. I would not hesitate to drive the car across the country. Everything is shipshape. Vehicle suitable for adaption to run on straight vegetable oil for the ultimate eco-cruiser. Fuel system has Viton components and has been operated on B20 biodiesel when available. FYI, reason for sale is I’m almost done with a new diesel project car. Why stop now?

Email me for pictures (couldn't figure out how to post them with this). Happy to answer any questions from serious buyers.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:10 AM   #2
Ji Money

Wow, this car sounds awesome. With all that torque, I can get nice 18 inchers without worrying about any loss of performance, or even 22 inch chrome spinners!
Old 10-16-2007, 04:15 AM   #3
BurningRiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ji Money View Post
Wow, this car sounds awesome. With all that torque, I can get nice 18 inchers without worrying about any loss of performance, or even 22 inch chrome spinners!
Yup. I was pleasantly surprised at extra twisting power that magically appeared at the end of one's right foot! All it takes is a lot of time, trouble and cubic dollars
Old 10-16-2007, 04:26 AM   #4
Ji Money

Man, I'm considering financing a new 328 in about a year but your car is really tempting. I sent you a PM with my email address. Send me some pics!
Old 10-16-2007, 04:36 AM   #5
Ji Money

Just got your pics, thanks. She looks great. I'm gonna have to really think over my plans about my next car.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:38 AM   #6
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Dude you're my hero! but why didn't you post up when it was undergoing all this work? I would have loved to see the progress.

HaHa Take that DustenT(J/K), Finally a turbo Ti success story!!!

BTW, to post pics just download them to photobucket or imageshack, come back here and instead of posting a quick reply, click "Go Advaced" when the screen comes up, just above the text box, click on this buttonThen cut and paste the direct link URL from photobucket or whatever hosting site you used into the box and click OK. Otherwise you could just email them to me and I'll post them for you. You gotta show us the pics, if nothing else, it'll help you sell your car.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:02 AM   #7
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

Sounds unique! Would it pass emissions testing in states that do that sort of thing? Or are diesels even tested?

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
Old 10-16-2007, 05:23 AM   #8
brotherkimball

Diesels arent tested, but it still has to be tested because its registered as a gas engine, so there would probably be a lot if paperwork involved in getting it registered...correct me if i'm wrong
Old 10-16-2007, 06:48 AM   #9
Marv17

man. sounds like a bee-ut. its cool how u did that conversion too. man. jesse get that one too to add to ur collection lol.

and yeah pics wouldve been really nice to see how it all went down.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:06 PM   #10
brodee

Pictures for you...

Old 10-16-2007, 03:21 PM   #11
BurningRiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherkimball View Post
Diesels arent tested, but it still has to be tested because its registered as a gas engine, so there would probably be a lot if paperwork involved in getting it registered...correct me if i'm wrong
Actually, it's easy here in Ohio. Our emissions testing and registration just requires an opacity (smoke) test to be passed and it's registered by it's VIN.

Ray
Old 10-16-2007, 03:51 PM   #12
L84THSKY

Someone post pics of the engine.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
Old 10-16-2007, 03:56 PM   #13
brodee

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84THSKY View Post
That's the only pics he sent me.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:59 PM   #14
BurningRiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84THSKY View Post

Big oversight on my part. I'll snap one tonight. It fits perfectly since the 325tds (Europe only) came stock with the diesel engine from the factory.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:18 PM   #15
sparkchaser

Wow. I wish I was in the market for a car....
Closed Thread