318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 972,442 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 06-08-2006, 12:07 AM   #1
wasabinuki

Default I'm a noob

Well, for the first time in my life I do not own a VW. I have been driving them since I got my license, but I wanted something different. I always liked the TI and finally decided to get one. So after 3 months of searching, I bought this bad boy.

I love driving this car - it handles great, everyting is tight, and it gets way better MPG than my V6 VW. The only complaint is that it's not quite as fast, but it can hold it's own. I should have made the switch years ago.

My last GTI
wasabinuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:51 AM   #2
fourbysix

welcome to the family..what yr and model is your ti? hot GTI man, i likey.
fourbysix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:04 AM   #3
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

Welcome to the site & congrats on ur purchase. Once i saw that picture i said to myself i've seen this picture b4. I saw the ad for this ti online,actually somebody on here was wondering if this was there car that they were selling.
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:05 AM   #4
wasabinuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbysix
welcome to the family..what yr and model is your ti? hot GTI man, i likey.
Ti is a 1997 base model - it came with H&R coils, UUC short shift kit, Dinan intake and software upgrade, sport clutch, Momo shift knob, M3 wheels, euro tails, and an AC Schnitzer front spoiler. I plan on taking the tint off this weekend, and getting some AC pedals/floor mats for it. I'd also like to add fogs in the future and maybe switch wheels, but I am super happy with it as she sits now.

The GTI will be missed - if you know anybody that wants to buy one. It's loaded and you can read up on it HERE
Old 06-08-2006, 01:07 AM   #5
wasabinuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
Welcome to the site & congrats on ur purchase. Once i saw that picture i said to myself i've seen this picture b4. I saw the ad for this ti online,actually somebody on here was wondering if this was there car that they were selling.
Yeah - I just got it last week from a guy in Long Beach, CA. Probably the same car since I ganked the pics from the internet listing

I will take some pics when I get the tint removed and post them. And thanks for the welcome.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:15 AM   #6
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

Why are you taking the tint off? Is it too dark? I wish all my windows were still tinted but when i moved to RI i had to remove it from the front to pass inspection. IMO the ti looks really good with the tinted windows.
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

Old 06-08-2006, 01:22 AM   #7
wasabinuki

I am just not a tint kind of guy. I'll admit it looks pretty decent on the car, but it's not really my style. I am also taking it off because it's kind of a pain to see out of the car at night. It does keep it cooler in the day though.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:24 AM   #8
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

I can understand that,when i got mine done i just did the legal limit of 35%,but appears darker cause of the black interior. I'm happy with it being that % cause the darker you go the less your going to be able to see at night.

Old 06-08-2006, 01:37 AM   #9
/Ada1982 /

i wanna tint my windows too but it suck that i can't do the front
do you know how much it cost for tint my 318ti just on the back?
1999:318ti:///M
/Ada1982 / is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:02 AM   #10
jetblackbimmer

dimmed mirror and dark tint at night is not good. But the tint does keep people from blinding me. Too many SUVs in LA for me to remove the tint. I have thought about it a lot actually, but I can't.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:10 AM   #11
vwt3

Welcome your Ti looks good sits about right for me also. I'am a old GTI fan also, had a 86 GTI car rocked had a lot of handling upgrads still like em more aircooled now.

vwt3

95ti Alpine White, K&N cone filter, Fullcoilovers by GroundControl Koni adjustable,Eibach springs.
JUST POINT AND SHOOT...http://www.munks.com/
. Also 69 VW t3 fastback 2110 motor,full air ride
.http://www.airkewld.com[/size]
vwt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:02 AM   #12
bmwracerchick

I love that ti, its very clean looking and looks so flawless. Congrats on ownership.

Make sure you really want to take the tint off, you might regret it later and to get it professionally taken off might be costly. Plus, the back defrosters will have to be replaced because it will probably get ruined from taking the tint off, so that is another expense. Just drive with the windows down at night, im sure cali nights are beautiful.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:48 AM   #13
HuGo

wasabi where in South Cali do you live? Im starting to notice more Cali people joining up on the forums. We shall have a meet. Me, jetblack,randy, etc.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:19 PM   #14
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

Quote:
Originally Posted by /Ada1982 /
i wanna tint my windows too but it suck that i can't do the front
do you know how much it cost for tint my 318ti just on the back?

You can do the front's i believe it's still legal in mass. I passed inspection 2 yrs in a row with the tint on the front. When i got mine done i paid $220 for all 5 windows. The closest place for you to get them done is Tint King in Billerica. My friend got his mustang done there last month and they did his fronts.

Old 06-12-2006, 06:55 PM   #15
wasabinuki

Thanks for all the compliments on my TI - I have a few things I want to change, and will post pics when I do so. I ordered clear corners and sides for it, and will be adding the iCruze for my iPod. I would like to add fogs and euro lights next. After that I'll add a cat back exhaust (any recomendations?) and get a camber kit when I get new tires.

I love GTI's and VW's in general - I have owned several GTI's (84, 86, 90, 2 95's, and a 01). I just wanted something different, thus the TI. I considered getting a C230 coupe, but I already have the sedan version

The have taken tint off before, and yes I will be very careful with the defroster - even though I rarely have to use it in So Cal.

I'm in for a meet - I live in Ontario, but I get around to all of So Cal.