318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Anything other than automotive related.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 982,220 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 04-07-2008, 03:50 PM   #16
thesk8nmidget

VERY nice! i may have to do this as well in the up coming weeks
Current- 1995 318ti, sport model, schwartz
thesk8nmidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:17 PM   #17
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

I'll try calling again when I get out of class. Figure I'll give them a couple hours to recover from the weekend and catch up on the orders. I couldn't see myself paying $400+ for a set of headlights, but for these prices you can't go wrong. 200 bucks for a set of Depos, AE's, HID's, Laminx, One-touch sunroof relay, new set of foglights and a wholesale membership to boot, can't beat that deal!
Old 04-07-2008, 05:56 PM   #18
blndweasel

This place is in San Diego. When I have a chance, I may stop by and check out their retail space, talk to the employees / owners, maybe there's a chance we can do special forum GP's or something... I'll ask.

1/1997 M44 ti M-Sport Schwartz II
blndweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:06 PM   #19
thesk8nmidget

keep us updated on the membership deal and how itall works out jesse
Current- 1995 318ti, sport model, schwartz
thesk8nmidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:44 PM   #20
Marv17

dang. looks like jesse is going to go for a lil upgrade there... man i wish this deal was around when i got my lights and HIDs and etc.... makes me mad that i spent double a few months ago compared to now. dang it.
.... wonder if they have a set of tail lights for us?

-Theta Chi-
Float like a cadilac, sting like a BIMMER

.... my socket is just too thick and won't fit in the hole! damnit!

Marv's 332ti is in the werks. Stay tuned ya'll ...

Check list: S52 swap, manual transmission swap, 3.25 LSD with M Coupe diff cover, SuperSprint muffler, M3 style mirrors, AFE intake, ASC delete, M50 Manifold swap, UUC strut bar, ZHP lighted knob, Vaders, M-tech interior, OEM armrest, AC Schintzer front lip, AC Schnitzer rear spoiler, Roof spoiler, 18'' rims, M3 front drilled brakes, LED interior lights, 3 spoke Euro style steering wheel, OEM roof spoiler and bike holder, Thule fairing, Euro tail lights, oil pressure guage, carbon fiber hood painted to original paint (still showing CF weaving), what's next to do...?
Marv17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:08 PM   #21
angel318ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by blndweasel View Post
This place is in San Diego. When I have a chance, I may stop by and check out their retail space, talk to the employees / owners, maybe there's a chance we can do special forum GP's or something... I'll ask.

with those prices being at almost wholesale it will be alost impossible to get any better deals on a group purchase. But it is worth a shot indeed.
angel318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:44 PM   #22
elchicano

Yea i guess they are busy and are low on people. If you are not happy about their customer service ask to talk to a manager. Who knows in the end you might get like a 10% discount on your next order. I remember one of our managers gave this lady a 20% on a blender just because someone forgot to give back her change. I'm happy i quit sam's and don't have to deal with peoples BS about little things. Ok im going off topic but yeah talk to a manager next time or whoever is in charge.

318ti.org on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
elchicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:55 PM   #23
elchicano

That sucks that's why im waiting. Alot of people here have order alot of parts and thats just here in the forum. I'll wait for the dust to settle a bit. But yea let us know what happens with the membership.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:03 AM   #24
Shaggy
Site Moderator

Now it says on their website that the M3 front bumpers are currently sold out untill the 15th of this month. I hope they got my order in for the bumper... I'm going to have to call them tomorrow.

Nick
1995 BMW 318iC.
Modifications by: Understeer.com, M3 Aerodynamics, Bilstein, Stromung, Turner Motorsports, Bavarian Autosport and Downing Atlanta Superchargers.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:59 AM   #25
Borg561

Not trying to stick up for these guys, but here's some info.

A few of their employees are members of the bimmerforums.com forums. Jim Powell's (the owner or manager, can't remember) username over there is jsp98m3. After ordering my bumper from DDM, I read a thread over on bf.c that was linked from the DDM page for the E39 M5 bumper. Just a warning, it's long. What I gathered from that is this. DDM is a small 10-12 person business. That includes everyone from the owner, to their purchaser, to their sales and support guys. They're running a small retail location in San Diego as well as the online business. Orders coming into the online business have exploded thanks to some posts here and on bf.c about some of their great deals, causing them to be swamped and some items to sell out and thus get backordered.

I've called them a few times. Sometimes I've gotten a busy signal, other times it went to their voicemail (even during what most would consider normal business hours). Each time I've gotten through though they've been very helpful, curtious, and friendly. You may not always get an answer right away (or even a timely call back if they say they will), but I read a great piece of advice once about small retailers. You can have speed, quality, and/or price. Pick two (and only two).

In regards to a possible group-buy of something, it was mentioned by Jim in that long thread (52 pages) that some of their "too-good-to-be-true" prices are essentially permanent group-buy prices. So instead of having to setup a group buy for something like an E39 M5 front bumper (like that thread did, getting something like 30+ names in less than a day), the price is what that group-buy price might be, but it's permanent, so people wouldn't have to worry about missing out. Not all of their items are priced like that, but I have a feeling many of those awesome deals are.

In regards to contacting them, I think I read somewhere on here that you should call instead of e-mail. Again, not many people working there, and while they've added 1-2 new employees to deal with internet orders and such, calling is still easiest. It is long distance, but with the amount of orders they've gotten, it might be possible to get them to setup a toll-free number. I'll mention it to them should I have to call again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali-ti View Post
things i would consider:

1) m3 replica front bumper (would like to see sean's when he gets it)
Got mine and posted some pics in the For Sale forum (this thread, page two). I should be getting my car back late this week (Thursday or Friday), so if the weather cooperates, I'll take some pics then of the final installed product.

Justin
Borg561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:35 AM   #26
cali-ti
aka Stabby

i was guessing they were getting swamped. i always like to look at things in person if i can and since it sounds like they're backordered, i should be able to look at sean's (see quality, fit and finish, etc) before i order. be interesting to see the "resolution" of some of the side skirt length issues.
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:51 PM   #27
teetime4one

Vehicles

unlike Jess i was able to get right through.
i mentioned the make and model of my car along with my name right off the bat.
Jim was very interested in talking to me about BMW's.
he told me that the SHIPment would be in port on the 11th. and he'd get his hands on everything by the 13th or 14th.
most orders should be shipped out on the 15th and are scheduled to arrive on the 18th.
this guy was very helpful towards me.
he stated that people had placed orders for the e36 M3 bumpers and had failed to respond to his emails...so he has a few extras in the back of his shop...but, he wouldn't send me one of those.
all in all...a pleasure to deal with...even with the delays.

Sean
1995 Active
teetime4one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:50 PM   #28
angel318ti

sounds like a booming business. I never heard of them until 2 months ago and since then I have always heard nothing but good things. I ordered a set of sideskirts and they got to me in less than a week. Looks like they are swamped and trying to catch up.
angel318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:42 PM   #29
PettitWC

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel318ti View Post
sounds like a booming business. I never heard of them until 2 months ago
ditto

1997 318ti

'cause I'm a Balla Baby

FACEBOOK!!
MY SPACE!!
PettitWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:47 PM   #30
elchicano

i agree with angel318ti that's why im going to wait until they catch up and also this gives me some time to get more money for parts.