318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Anything other than automotive related.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 988,723 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 04-20-2008, 02:28 PM   #16
teetime4one

Vehicles

we'll see what happens.
i had to give them my CC number twice to make up for the "shipping misquote".
i'll give them a call and go from there.

Sean
1995 Active
teetime4one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:32 PM   #17
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Needless to say, I'm less than impressed with their service. I mean misquotes on multiple orders, WTF? Was the shipping fee a fixed/flat rate, or does it depend on the destination? If it was a flat rate for everyone, then that's not a misquote, it's false advertisement. There's a certain level of professionalism that customers should expect from a vendor. I could understand a small company being backed up because of high volume sales or a delay in shipping because of carrier negligence, but a promise is a promise. If they promised to ship your order on a certain date and failed to do so, then they owe you some sort of compensation since the discrepancy was on their end. Broken promises and misquotes are just a couple things that discredit a company's reputation. Apparently DDM doesn't value their customer's trust and loyalty. I wasn't going to give a biased opinion and badmouth them based solely on my experience and I figured I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, but it seems as I'm not the only one who's been disappointed. The mistakes made on their end are completely unacceptable and they should lose their vendor privileges if it continues.

It's a bummer too, because the guys that I've talked to have all been really cool. I had hopes of using them to spruce up my suspension and a few performance mods once my swap was done. It seems like their deals may in fact be too good to be true. I mentioned in another thread that KOperformance had a similar reputation. Atleast KOperformance shipped their orders. They may have shipped a poor product or the wrong product altogether, but their communication was good. This is the type of thing that makes me hesitant to participate in vendor deals and group buys. It's not worth the hassle and waiting. Everyonce in a while you find an honest deal, but usually as in this case you get what you pay for, poor service, lies and disappointment.

I bought the membership on April 6th, couldn't place my order until April 8th because they broke their first promise that the $50 credit would immediately "show up". I didn't receive one single benefit from joining their stupid little club. I've called them over 5 times in the last 13 days and they said my order still hasn't shipped and probably won't until next week! If they don't ship my order by Monday and if it doesn't arrive on Tuesday, I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull the plug on this deal.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:13 AM   #18
teetime4one

Vehicles

WORD

Sean
1995 Active
Old 04-21-2008, 12:31 AM   #19
mohaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
Needless to say, ...
I didn't want to say anything because I haven't done any business with these guys.. But at some point, getting the best price, on the cheapest, and sometimes not 100% right product, just isn't worth it...
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:46 AM   #20
Philly

speaking off what mohaughn said... who has actually recieved something from them? and whats the quality been like? Id like to place a big order with them (ie:headlights,bumper,mirrors) - does it all fit nice and proper? I don't want the aftermarket-ness of it to be obvious

328Ti

Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:56 AM   #21
al95ti

Wow... this is really kinda de-motivating me from buying from them, I was gonna order some headlights this week... I might just have to wait a little bit until they get the hang of things.

For the people that actually ordered and recieved some items, how did you order ? Phone or online ?

1995 Canadian Spec Schwarz II Ti Base Model.... 5spd, Untinted Windows, Bilstein Sports, Bav Auto Springs, E36 Sport Wheels, 225/50 Fuzion HRi's, MK3 Jetta VR6 Front Lip, Cosmos Racing Short ram intake, Luk Clutch kit, Apexcone projectors, DDM 6000K HID, Shortened shift knob, Pioneer stereo, Autopage Alarm
al95ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:58 AM   #22
DocDuvi

they might be a little slow on the shipping and the customer service But i can assure you by experience they will get everything to you as it is supposed to
DocDuvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:48 AM   #23
ATF

I ordered my birthday bash DEPO's w/ non-preinstalled halo's and HIDs and got them as quickly as they said they would arrive. My 35watts were out of stock so they bumped me to 55watts. My only complaint is that when they installed the HID's, and put the headlights back into the packaging/box, it wasn't exactly sitting in there correctly (some of the cardboard inserts). But that box was inside a larger box, which was properly packed and everything arrived undamaged. My experience has been more than satisfactory from my viewpoint, I would order from them again.

Also note, I've ordered 3 spindles of 100 CD-R's from CDW-G and two of the three spindles came somehow broken.

BMWCCA #403399
2012 Mini Cooper S Clubman, 6-Speed
Loaded
2001 325xi, Winter Package, 5-Speed
Traded
1998 318ti, Active, Automatic, TOTAL LOSS R.I.P. 10/20/08
Bilstein Sport Shocks/Struts . H&R Sport Springs . Strut Reinforcement Plates . RSM Reinforcement Plates . Fogg Airbox . X-Brace . Bosal Brospeed Catback
ATF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:31 AM   #24
Philly

would u recommend spending the extra for the 55w ballasts? or what?
I know your pretty knowledgable with your lighting...

and in regards to the bumper, how important is the underpanel?

328Ti

Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:38 PM   #25
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetime4one View Post
WORD
Sean, it's 11:40 here in Cali. Seems like a good time to call and bitch them out a little. I'll do the same, maybe two complaints back to back will get the ball rolling. BTW, there's a guy on BF.c that placed his order on April 1st and still hasn't gotten a confirmation email or tracking number.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:09 AM   #26
teetime4one

Vehicles

ok, so i called DDM today...at 10:02 my time. (9:02 San Diego time).
i was told that the order was sent to FedEx.
then i was told that FedEx didn't have it in their warehouse or system.
the dude said it wasn't in their shop either.
then he said he'd send me another bumper/lip/fog light set-up if he couldn't find it.
then he called me back and said he "re-shipped my order...and if i end up with two bumpers....call him...."
well, i fcukin' doubt there was ever a "first delivery" on the 16th when he charged my CC...but, i'm certainly glad i rattled his cage.
this is a shady operation people...i wouldn't recommend doing business with them....and that is just my opinion....which means nothing.
so, who wants pie?

Sean
1995 Active
Old 04-22-2008, 02:14 AM   #27
elchicano

damn i worked all day just got off about an hour ago so i didn't have time to call. I'm gonna call them tomorrow. Lets see whats up with my order. I'll let you guys know what they tell me.

318ti.org on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
elchicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:22 AM   #28
Shaggy
Site Moderator

I just want my front bumper and side mirrors and i'll be happy. I'll never buy from them again. Luckily it has already shipped out and i've got the tracking number and all.

Nick
1995 BMW 318iC.
Modifications by: Understeer.com, M3 Aerodynamics, Bilstein, Stromung, Turner Motorsports, Bavarian Autosport and Downing Atlanta Superchargers.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:15 AM   #29
elchicano

well all i want is the depo head lights and the mirrors i think thats all i might need from them. But they still have not charged my credit card.

318ti.org on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
elchicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:10 PM   #30
thesk8nmidget

i may still buy a set of lights from then since its such a good deal, im in no hurry to get them but the price is still good. hopefully i eventually will receive the lights
Current- 1995 318ti, sport model, schwartz
thesk8nmidget is offline   Reply With Quote