318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Exterior

Notices

Exterior From spoilers, lights to body kits and window problems.

» Recent Threads
looove
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
Last post by RichardBug
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
0 Replies, 1,584 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 12-03-2005, 12:18 AM   #1
flex_318

Default Colour Changing Angel Eyes

I know questions on angel eyes have been asked many times on this forum and I did a search but could not find any info on this particular question. I was looking at another bmw forum and one of the members had a set of LumenX (generation V angel eyes). He said that the lightbox had an interchangable filter which allowed you to change the colours of the angel eyes. I know that the LumenX angel eyes are no longer sold. I have checked websites like Umnitza and see that they are mainly selling CCFL based angel eyes, which i know dont use a lightbox like fiber optic angel eyes, and cant change colours unless you replace the ring. I really like the CCFL angel eyes but I think that the ability of changing the colour of the hue is pretty cool. Basically what I am asking is if there are any angel eyes currently on the market that have the ability to change colours like the LumenX and if they are relatively bright like the CCFL angel eyes? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	blue_angels2.jpg Views:	274 Size:	61.3 KB ID:	949   Click image for larger version Name:	red_angel_eyes2.jpg Views:	362 Size:	34.5 KB ID:	950  
flex_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 12:35 AM   #2
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

I have seen these overseas on some websites before. I do not remember any of the sites. I came across them one day and read you can change the color of them with a knob. I'm not sure of all the colors but there was white,red,blue,green thats all i remember. I thought that was sweet but couldn't find it in the states nor did i want to get it overseas.

Where di you get these pics
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 12:43 AM   #3
flex_318

I know that in order to change the colours of the halos you have to pop the hood and change the filter on the lightbox. I found them from one of the members on the forum http://www.maxbimmer.com it mainly has members from Toronto which is cool since i live in Toronto. The pictures were on the members car domain account. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/347886. I think the lights look really sexy but I cant find any.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:27 AM   #4
aceyx

Woah. That's pretty hot. Should be called "Evil eyes," instead of Angel eyes. (Yes, I realize it should be devil eyes, but evil sounds much better).

Probably illegal in the states though.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:43 AM   #5
robcarync

he lives in toronto though...

i dunno i still prefer the classic blueish/white tint myself
Pioneer Speakers [] Aluminum Billet door locks [] ACS Pedals/Deadrest [] ACS Shift Knob / E-Brake Handle [] Clear Corners/Tails/Sides [] Sylvania Exterior Lighting [] Custom CAI [] Dinan Engine Chip [] Dinan Transmission Chip [] H&R Race Springs [] Tokico Illumina Shocks [] BMW X-Brace [] Relocated Lighter Mod [] Custom iPod Mod
http://www.cardomain.com/id/robcarync
robcarync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 10:53 AM   #6
GREX1969

They look stunning. Defo illegal in this country though
GREX1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 02:50 AM   #7
flex_318

Quote:
i dunno i still prefer the classic blueish/white tint myself
I saw in one of the pictures that you can actually change the colour to a blueish/white hue. The red and the blue colours are definately illegal up here in Canada too, but they look so good and I could always change the colour to white. The only thing left now is to actually find where they might sell this angel eye setup.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:00 AM   #8
cali-ti
aka Stabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceyx
Woah. That's pretty hot. Should be called "Evil eyes," instead of Angel eyes. (Yes, I realize it should be devil eyes, but evil sounds much better).

Probably illegal in the states though.
those lights i might actually pay for ... and screw the law for that type of stuff. don't they have anything better to do? sheesh ...
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote