318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Exhausts

Notices

Exhausts Aftermarket exhaust discussions.

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 97,908 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 60,771 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 58,116 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 03-26-2006, 08:07 PM   #1
Juni

Thumbs up Exhaust sound/video clips section

A sticky would be nice!

This thread should be a good tool for people trying to make exhaust buying decisions based on performance, looks, sound, and budget. I'll be the first to make my contribution. This is a clip of my new custom made Remus Future twin tip exhaust rear section. I choose Remus becuase of it's signature sound of deep agressive tones. Now I know that Remus makes a system for the 318ti, but they dont offer the style muffler that I wanted, so I went ahead a bought the muffler seperately for a similar sized engine and took it to a well know muffler shop here in MA (Lou's Custom Exhaust). The result make me smile everytime I turn the key. I will add pics to my gallery!

Enjoy!

Click here to see Video
Old 03-26-2006, 08:25 PM   #2
ubiquity

very tasty
ubiquity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:27 PM   #3
Juni

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquity
very tasty
Thank you sir.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:38 PM   #4
AlaskaBlue

Ok here is my contribution. Flowmaster 40 series no catalytic converter. I chose this combo because it was cheap, I live in Indiana, and I kind of did both on a whim. Sound is pretty raspy with out the catalytic converter. It was much more mellow. I think this video will give you an idea what it sounds like. Right click save as or stream.

I have one on streetfire. Search for 318ti. It won't let me search right now.

http://arcowling.iweb.bsu.edu/snowmovie.mpg
and
http://arcowling.iweb.bsu.edu/snowmovienotraction.mpg
Old 03-26-2006, 10:14 PM   #5
GDB

Sounds good. What's it like on the freeway?
Member #1 Keep E46 Bumpers off E36s Club
http://www.geocities.com/guywiththebluecar/GDBsig2.bmp
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:47 PM   #6
Juni

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB
Sounds good. What's it like on the freeway?
It's a very civilized sound, no in cabin noise. But when you stomp on the gas, you defitnetly here it as you can tell from the video.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:49 PM   #7
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

Yeah that sounds really nice Juni. Lou's custon exhaust is a good place,they do a nice job there. Two of my friends have 05 dodge rams with exhausts done there and my friends 01 gt.
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:59 PM   #8
HuGo

ill record the sound of my muffler today, i just did one with the silencer on, ill put both with and without silencer. Give me about 10-15 mins.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:33 AM   #9
HuGo

Cool Post Ur Exhaust!

Whats up guys, well i was thinking, if you have your exhaust sound recorded, PUT THEM HERE. Ill post mine, 2 different videos.

First Video - Exhaust with my silencer put on - http://media.putfile.com/Muffler-Sound-W-Silencer

Second Video- Exhaust without the silencer on - http://media.putfile.com/Muffler-without-Silencer

Of coarse, i like driving without the silencer, but ive been pulled over 3x for modified exhaust. I dont like the buzzy sound from the silencer, sounds like i got bees with me and sounda sorta civicish.

Sorry if load time takes a lil long. If you got DSL, there would be no problem. Maybe like 30-60 seconds to load. If anyone knows where it would be posted up faster let me know.

Everyone else, post your clips here.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:58 AM   #10
L84THSKY

This goes back to my suggestion about getting all the mods properly organized. Sound, video, links and pictures can be associated with a specific modification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juni

This thread should be a good tool for people trying to make exhaust buying decisions based on performance, looks, sound, and budget. I'll be the first to make my contribution.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:23 AM   #11
cali-ti
aka Stabby

i'm wondering if we can put them into the knowledgebase article on exhausts. to me, that's the right place i'll check with steven when he's back.
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:38 AM   #12
HuGo

was my post moved?

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 03-27-2006, 03:53 AM   #13
Juni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
Yeah that sounds really nice Juni. Lou's custon exhaust is a good place,they do a nice job there. Two of my friends have 05 dodge rams with exhausts done there and my friends 01 gt.
Thanks for the compliment! The sound should get better once it gets broken in. And yea, I love Lou's......I've had at least 3 of my cars done by Lou's. Actually, when I just went to get mine put on, there was an 01 E46 M3 getting a supersprint exhaust put on! Sounded mean, but back to my story, the owner of that specific Lou's in Medford, was trying to sell a 95 325is parts car for $2000. It only has 30,000 on the clock and its a five speed! Black on black, if only it werent OBD-I i would probably get it for the swap.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:23 AM   #14
Mendi3

Thumbs up Very nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juni
A sticky would be nice!

This thread should be a good tool for people trying to make exhaust buying decisions based on performance, looks, sound, and budget. I'll be the first to make my contribution. This is a clip of my new custom made Remus Future twin tip exhaust rear section. I choose Remus becuase of it's signature sound of deep agressive tones. Now I know that Remus makes a system for the 318ti, but they dont offer the style muffler that I wanted, so I went ahead a bought the muffler seperately for a similar sized engine and took it to a well know muffler shop here in MA (Lou's Custom Exhaust). The result make me smile everytime I turn the key. I will add pics to my gallery!

Enjoy!

Click here to see Video
Sounds very nice and civilized!
1995 318ti E36 Alpine White III DASC (RIP)
1996 328i 4Dr Artic Silver (RIP)
1999 M3 Estoril Blue Metallic RMS Vortech SC
2001 325i E46 Alpine White - Sports Package (SOLD)
2005 E46 M3 Coupe SMG
Mendi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 04:52 PM   #15
Juni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendi3
Sounds very nice and civilized!
Thank you sir! The sound should only get better after the muffler fully breaks in, when it does, then I will post another clip.