318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Induction

Notices

Induction Superchargers, NO2 and turbos.

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 100,872 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 63,823 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 61,041 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 03-04-2022, 03:36 PM   #136
Uk318iS

It is a nice car, its been off the road because I replaced it (several times over now) but couldn't part with it as I've always had a soft spot for it. That and the amount of money I threw at modifying it when I 1st had it, the M3 e36 coupe has always been a favourite of mine, it would just be nice to come close to the power of the M3 out of my trusty old 318iS since it looks like an M3.
Do you have a link for the kit you advise me to go for?
Does it come with everything I will need to complete the conversion?
Thanks again
Uk318iS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 10:19 AM   #137
MisterM52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uk318iS View Post
It is a nice car, its been off the road because I replaced it (several times over now) but couldn't part with it as I've always had a soft spot for it. That and the amount of money I threw at modifying it when I 1st had it, the M3 e36 coupe has always been a favourite of mine, it would just be nice to come close to the power of the M3 out of my trusty old 318iS since it looks like an M3.
Do you have a link for the kit you advise me to go for?
Does it come with everything I will need to complete the conversion?
Thanks again
You can grab the kit at https://hydemotorworks.com/shop/prod...rcharger-kits/

However best thing would be to get in touch via contact us so that you get a discount for being a 318Ti org member.
MisterM52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 02:08 PM   #138
Kasamoto

Greetings, i have a question. I have a m54b30 engine and have a m62 easily acessible. I have done the "math" behind the air flow of the SC and how much rpesusre it will make, and it got me to 0.3 bar at full capacity of the SC.
What will be the HP gains with 0.3 bar? (4.3psi)

m62: My engine requires 1050 cc/min, and the SC makes maximum of 14000 cc/min. which makes a pressure ratio of 1.3

m90: I also did the "math" behind the eaton m90 and it makes maximum of 21000cc/min, which will give me 1bar. (ratio of 2)

Everywhere i read a post that includes "math", it makes sense, and everyone agrees on these nimbrs, but manufacturers are using the m62 for even 3.2 liter engines, and m90 for 4.5 liter engines. Alongside with the manufacturers, threads that do not include the "math" behind the pressure and volume, everyone agres that m62 is good for 3l engine, and m90 is an overkill.

So basically posts with math say that the m62 is too small, and the m90 is barely making it, but threads with practical application sy that the m62 is good, and m90 is an overkill.
Where am i wrong? Aint the boosted engines be working at 0.6-1 bar?

A friend of mine has a Mini copper (eaton m45) and has only changed his pulley and works at 1 bar making 220hp.

I feel like i am missing information.

Last edited by Kasamoto; 05-30-2022 at 02:12 PM.
Kasamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 04:36 PM   #139
MisterM52

Thumbs up

Greetings,

@Kasamoto I think this being the 318ti org forums, its not really specializing discussing the e46 or 330i or 6 cylinder engines. Its a question best asked elsewhere I would say or you could email directly the manufacturer of the kit.

a lot of information online counter each other and its good to do a lot more research, there are a lot of things coming into play in the math. From our own tests we found the M62 when setup properly will be sufficient to provide a good 70HP - 100HP power increase depending on the engine and tune. This is true for the M54B30 as well.

The efficiency of the supercharger also comes into play. Also one must ask, will the engine be stock? Will it be built to handle more power to justify a bigger supercharger or a turbo? If its stock and the ECU is also, and you never plan to build it and keep it reliable, then the answer is simple a smaller supercharger that does not push you to the limits is what you want. For that there is the V3.62 Kit of course which gets you some 6-8PSi with an air to air intercooler. if that is the kit in question then its really best to email. Hope that helps.

If anyone is interested, there is Summer Sale with a a massive 22% discount on all the kits at the official Hyde Motor Works Shop.

Click image for larger version Name:	Square Summer Slae 2022.jpg Views:	356 Size:	204.0 KB ID:	18176
Old 07-06-2022, 09:24 PM   #140
MisterM52

Just a small update, we have also finished a recent project for those who have the 6 cylinder engines on these little feisty cars! We plan to make this kit also for the 4 Cylinder crowd next year so hold on if you dont have a 6 cylinder.

Since July of 2021 we have been working on our first centrifugal supercharger kit, titled Harbinger. The Harbinger is designed as an affordable and reliable mid-range option for enthusiasts. The supercharger is a dry self-contained unit with no lubrication required and is capable of maximum 1150 CFM and up to 22 PSI.

Originally made for the E46 330i, it works on all of the other chassis and engine models such as the E38, E36, E34, E30, Z3, Z4 among many others that have the M50, M52, M54 or S50, S52 and S54 engines. It is scheduled to be released in fall 2022, after all tests have been done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ah-Nq8RWcE

Pre-orders will start in September 2022! We are offering a special discount for the first 10 orders.

More: https://hydemotorworks.com/harbinger...roject-update/

Our Summer 2022 Sale is still going on, 22% off all our supercharger kits! For anybody interested as mentioned on the post above.

Coupon: SUMMEROF22

Old 11-21-2022, 11:07 PM   #141
MisterM52

Default Black Friday Sale - 18% Off

Greetings to everyone!

So a heads up that we are back with our Black Friday Sale this November!

Offering an 18% discount on all our products available at Hyde Motor Works Shop. Join our 9 Days of Darkness! Sale begins on 21st November and ends on 30th November.

18% Coupon Code: BLACKFRIDAY2022

More - https://hydemotorworks.com/black-fri...2-sale-18-off/

A V3.62 Build Series done by a French Youtuber, United Driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMA73TfSFqk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=255Z1ntYiDI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWc0av6nDRY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3n81EBupZ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-lCzInVF94

N42 Based Kits and Centrifugal M4X Kits are coming in 2023!
Old 01-25-2023, 09:26 AM   #142
MisterM52

Happy New Year Guys.

We are working on a N42 and N46 Build. And also after hearing much from the community of BMW 4 cylinder enthusiasts, we are having a massive price drop on the V4 Range of Supercharger Kits. https://hydemotorworks.com/shop/prod...rcharger-kits/

Feel free to drop us a line should you be interested.
Old 06-14-2023, 09:35 AM   #143
MisterM52

Default Summer Sale 2023 and Updates (More BMW 4 Cylinder Supercharger Kits)

Hey Everyone!
So we have for you some updates of our Harbinger Kits made out of Aircraft Grade Aluminum, getting powder coated (anodizing would not give the same color effect as this) - Image attached below.

We have ofcourse also the V8 and Rotrex Supercharger Kits as well as the N series of kits going onto final prototyping.

An M45 Based kit and a M62 Supercharger based kit is set to be released in a couple of months for both the N and M 4 cylinder bmw engines as the M44 and N43.

=================

Last but not least. We are back with our Supercharged Summer Sale. This year we have a 25% Discount for anyone wanting to get supercharged this summer.

Read More: https://hydemotorworks.com/superchar...le-get-25-off/

Coupon Code: SummerOf23
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	Image_20230609112058.jpg Views:	289 Size:	37.4 KB ID:	18215  
Old 11-03-2023, 04:11 PM   #144
Lelos

Hi! @misterm52
Very interesting thread and a wonderful effort.
A supercharger was never in my plans, but all this got me very curious.
One of my cars is a 2001 Z3 M43TU19 that I intend to keep as long as I can.
It is a super low mileage example, a sport edition, with bucket seats, lsd, the much sought after 17 inch staggered wheels etc.
Only problem with this is that the 118hp the engine produces is always a big disappointment on the street.
I know nothing about superchargers and probably will never understand all the involved wizardry around them, but I am very good at wrenching, I do the maintenance on all three of my cars myself and I have all the right tools to do it.
Can a guy like me buy the kit and plug it to the car without having to know in detail why he is doing so and have a working kit in the end?
I understand that the kit contains all the basic parts and maybe an intercooler is needed in warm climates.
I also understand that for low hp lets say 170 no further tuning is needed other that fiddling with a pressure regulator, so probably an after market or one from a M54 (3.5 psi) can do the trick.
Am I walking on thin air here or what I say is correct?
Ideally I would like to install the kit with a basic used supercharger from a Mini or similar, throw in a regulator and take the car for a tune on a dyno, using a co2 and gas analysis tool. Am I too naive?
Thanks for the input.
Lelos.
Lelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 03:22 PM   #145
MisterM52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelos View Post
Hi! @misterm52
Very interesting thread and a wonderful effort.
A supercharger was never in my plans, but all this got me very curious.
One of my cars is a 2001 Z3 M43TU19 that I intend to keep as long as I can.
It is a super low mileage example, a sport edition, with bucket seats, lsd, the much sought after 17 inch staggered wheels etc.
Only problem with this is that the 118hp the engine produces is always a big disappointment on the street.
I know nothing about superchargers and probably will never understand all the involved wizardry around them, but I am very good at wrenching, I do the maintenance on all three of my cars myself and I have all the right tools to do it.
Can a guy like me buy the kit and plug it to the car without having to know in detail why he is doing so and have a working kit in the end?
I understand that the kit contains all the basic parts and maybe an intercooler is needed in warm climates.
I also understand that for low hp lets say 170 no further tuning is needed other that fiddling with a pressure regulator, so probably an after market or one from a M54 (3.5 psi) can do the trick.
Am I walking on thin air here or what I say is correct?
Ideally I would like to install the kit with a basic used supercharger from a Mini or similar, throw in a regulator and take the car for a tune on a dyno, using a co2 and gas analysis tool. Am I too naive?
Thanks for the input.
Lelos.
Hello @Lelos,

Glad you appreciate the effort. Well there is always new things to learn, the M43 is one of the old reliable engines, had one myself back in the day. There is a wealth of information online, on these forums as well as on our website (hydemotorworks) and you can get started on these systems.

There is an installation guide as well, So if you are good are using wrenches, you can do it, it just takes time and we are here to help during the installation if required, as usual.

here is a build based on the small kit someone posted: http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthrea...686#post393686

The kit does contain all the hardware you require to get the supercharger mounted, bolted up with the correct belt. Also comes with inlet and outlet manifolds for the supercharger as well as for the throttlebody of the engine itself.

As for the fuel pressure regulator, you want, a rising rate fuel pressure regulator, so you can up the pressure with the boost, and also get a wideband sensor so you can adjust the air fuel ratio. The old school way of tuning for low boost applications.

If you want to install the supercharger from a mini (thats an M45) get instead the WMD45 kit when its finally in stock next month. That uses the Eaton M45 (but from the Mercedes, not the mini).

Hope that helps and feel free to drop a line. Have a great weekend now!