Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,025,445 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 06-04-2008, 01:12 AM   #16
TinyTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrash View Post
OK, so then you'd know that it didn't come from the factory, as opposed to it having been ordered as an option. Right? Besides... I thought I read here that the LSD was still available as an option some time after '95.

Either way, getting the original info is a more authoritative than the opinions and recollections of all of us. LOL

That would actually make a lot of sense, If the LSD could have been a factory option that would explain my confusion as to why I thought this was an //M series. I thought the tell tale sign of the //M was the LSD. Let me go edit my E-bay ad before I get shot by the e-police!
Old 06-04-2008, 01:17 AM   #17
SDKmann

Quote:
OK, so then you'd know that it didn't come from the factory, as opposed to it having been ordered as an option. Right? Besides... I thought I read here that the LSD was still available as an option some time after '95.

Either way, getting the original info is a more authoritative than the opinions and recollections of all of us. LOL
Im not sure where you read that but like every other BMW the LSD was not available, even as an option, on non-M cars after 95. Like mentioned before see if Mallard can bring up the proof.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:19 AM   #18
woh

I've asked Mallard to look up the VIN #

1996 318ti ///M
http://home.comcast.net/~whaussmann/...w_frameset.htm
Old 06-04-2008, 01:24 AM   #19
TinyTim

This is fun, I get to learn more about this car than I ever knew. I race vintage cars and I wish we were as wired as you guys.

Fixed the e-bay listing. Thanks for keeping me from false advertising.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:26 AM   #20
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKmann View Post
Im not sure where you read that
Me either... but pretty much everything I know about our cars comes from this site or my mechanic.

A "for sale" thread isn't really the proper place to discuss this, so perhaps it would be more polite to start another thread?

(FYI, I did find a few cars in the VIN search thread that were produced in '96 but have an LSD as an option.)

EDIT... and I just found at least 2 threads that support the availability of the LSD as an option in 1996.

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
Old 06-04-2008, 03:51 AM   #21
ATF

Brake Pad Sensor is shot or your brake pads are getting low. And why didn't Ralph Schomp BMW reset the service indicator?

Fog light deletes aren't body colored.

Otherwise it looks pretty clean. Why aren't there any shots of the spoiler, If I were selling on eBay, especially a car. I'd point out all the problems with pictures so someone knows what they're buying. imo an honest seller is someone I'd rather buy from.. (i've experienced this first hand..)

BMWCCA #403399
2012 Mini Cooper S Clubman, 6-Speed
Loaded
2001 325xi, Winter Package, 5-Speed
Traded
1998 318ti, Active, Automatic, TOTAL LOSS R.I.P. 10/20/08
Bilstein Sport Shocks/Struts . H&R Sport Springs . Strut Reinforcement Plates . RSM Reinforcement Plates . Fogg Airbox . X-Brace . Bosal Brospeed Catback
Old 06-04-2008, 04:20 AM   #22
zboot

Quote:

Huh. . .mine were definitely factory. They're 15s though, not 17.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:46 AM   #23
TinyTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATF View Post
Brake Pad Sensor is shot or your brake pads are getting low. And why didn't Ralph Schomp BMW reset the service indicator?

Fog light deletes aren't body colored.

Otherwise it looks pretty clean. Why aren't there any shots of the spoiler, If I were selling on eBay, especially a car. I'd point out all the problems with pictures so someone knows what they're buying. imo an honest seller is someone I'd rather buy from.. (i've experienced this first hand..)
1. Schomp only inspected it, they wanted to do the service (At dealership rates) of Transmission fluid, Rear Diff, and an oil change for the bargian price of $394 to reset the light...that is why I did not have them reset it. That is damn near 10% the value of the car, the return would just not be there.

2. The ABS light was going to be something like $200 to fix, and it has been on since the first day I bought the car. It is the driver front sensor and it could be easily replaced. I had to move out of my house last week because it closed on the 28th. Therefore, I have no tools, no place to work and very little time. Try moving to another country on 3 weeks notice sometime!

3. I shot the car before writing the flaws down, with a borrowed camera, which leaves only my description. The car has 170,000 miles on it, it has some cosmetic stuff wrong. Forgive me for not having time to go over every little detail on a car that is worth what most people pay for a new plasma TV.

4. The fog deletes are brand new, because the same jerk that took the //m badge off the side of the car decided he needed those too.

5. I would expect that the buyer would probably inspect the car before buying it. I have sold 3 cars on E-bay my race car a datsun 510, my daily driver 505whp EVO, and my old WRX. Each were sold locally. E-bay is just a great place to advertize. I doubt anyone is going to pay $1000 for shipping on a car that is worth $4200.

6. If you had actually read the description, rather than jumping to the notion that my brake pads were shot you would notice that I just installed new Brembo discs with Hawk HP Pads.

I am living out of a backpack, and after being a homeowner with 5 cars, and a settled life, things are a bit difficult right now. Hope that clears it up.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:52 AM   #24
SlickmisterN

Do you happen to know the ratio of the LSD? Just curious.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:53 AM   #25
elchicano

man you should have met up with the Ti crew here in Dnever. Well good luck with the sell.

318ti.org on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
Old 06-04-2008, 04:57 AM   #26
TinyTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickmisterN View Post
Do you happen to know the ratio of the LSD? Just curious.
No sorry, I do not even have a floor jack to lift it and look at it right now. I think the car tachs about 3000 in 5th at 65mph if that helps. I could use the jack in the trunk, but it has never been used and the tools have not moved since it left the factory. Thanks
Old 06-04-2008, 04:59 AM   #27
TinyTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchicano318ti View Post
man you should have met up with the Ti crew here in Dnever. Well good luck with the sell.
We have a Ti club here in denver? Interesting. Are there many members? I have seen 2 or 3 on the road the entireity of the time we have owned the car.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:05 AM   #28
elchicano

What you didnt know about MHTi? (Mile High Ti's) We have about 6-8 people currently. We are always looking to find new members. Well i think i may have seen your Ti once but i wasn't in my Ti. It would of been weird if i just flagged you down. But yea we have tech meets, drives, and oither things aswell. It would still be good to meet you up if you wanted.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:09 AM   #29
TinyTim

You would probably have flagged down my wife, she works in Arvada and used to commute down from Evergreen. You probably would have scared the schnit out of her. I am living in downtown denver until the 12th, 16th and larimer in the barclay tower, If you want to get a beverage of some type I am game.

Hell, I will buy you a beer if you just want to verify that this car in fact DOES have an LSD.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:11 AM   #30
elchicano

haha yea thats why i tend not to do that. We have a member that has done that before. But yeah if you do decide to keep the Ti and would wanna hang out with us let me know. Or even if you sell it and wanna hang out with th crew let me know.

Closed Thread