10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,010,303 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 11-14-2005, 04:47 AM   #1
a2222a

Default h&r race springs w/tokico illumina suspension

I have a set of H&R race springs along with the Tokico Illumina shocks and struts. Originally bought used from ebay last year. Parts has about 5k miles on them as stated by original owner. Never had a chance to try them as i decided to buy bilstein hd instead. Car was sold 3 months ago and the parts are just sitting in the garage.

This would be a good replacement for a tired out suspension. Anyone interested let me know. I have no use for this system anymore and would like to make some room so i will let it go for $100 plus shipping.

Thanks,
art
1997 318ti (sold)
1998 M3
Old 11-14-2005, 05:59 AM   #2
robcarync

ohh i may be interested....im at school right now but ill have to talk to my pops aboiut it tomorrow over the phone and see if hes interested...

any pictures? do they visually appear to be in good condition?

am i reading this right....100$ for the setup + shipping?

http://www.tokicogasshocks.com/car/appresults.asp

the 318ti is not listed there for applications...but the e36 318i and is are listed....is anyone sure if they fit a TI?
Pioneer Speakers [] Aluminum Billet door locks [] ACS Pedals/Deadrest [] ACS Shift Knob / E-Brake Handle [] Clear Corners/Tails/Sides [] Sylvania Exterior Lighting [] Custom CAI [] Dinan Engine Chip [] Dinan Transmission Chip [] H&R Race Springs [] Tokico Illumina Shocks [] BMW X-Brace [] Relocated Lighter Mod [] Custom iPod Mod
http://www.cardomain.com/id/robcarync
Old 11-14-2005, 07:01 AM   #3
snuggz

I'd also be interested in this, -- if rob doesn't jump on them. thanks.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:11 AM   #4
robcarync

tee hee i was really tired around midnight....but then i saw this thread....and im too excited to sleep now! if i get the ok from my pops and if i can confirm that they will fit...they're mine
Pioneer Speakers [] Aluminum Billet door locks [] ACS Pedals/Deadrest [] ACS Shift Knob / E-Brake Handle [] Clear Corners/Tails/Sides [] Sylvania Exterior Lighting [] Custom CAI [] Dinan Engine Chip [] Dinan Transmission Chip [] H&R Race Springs [] Tokico Illumina Shocks [] BMW X-Brace [] Relocated Lighter Mod [] Custom iPod Mod
Old 11-14-2005, 09:25 AM   #5
a2222a

hi rob,

here are the pictures. yes, the whole thing for $100 plus shipping. i rather have someone use it rather than let it sit in the garage. they look pretty clean. the part numbers are:

front:
R = BB5006
L = BB5007

rears:
BE2756 (2 of them)

springs: H&R
fronts=29593 VA
rears=2953 HA

you are right. there is no specific package for the 318ti on tokico's website. The TI's suspension uses E36 parts for the front and E30 parts for the rears.

thanks,
art
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	shocks.JPG Views:	283 Size:	62.5 KB ID:	851   Click image for larger version Name:	springs.JPG Views:	295 Size:	59.4 KB ID:	852  
Old 11-14-2005, 05:09 PM   #6
Platanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2222a
The TI's suspension uses E36 parts for the front and E30 parts for the rears.
i thought our ti's had specific suspension parts
Old 11-14-2005, 05:23 PM   #7
robcarync

the original owner...did these parts come off of his 318ti?

im not sure on the specifics on the Ti suspension...and since you never had them on yours, i just wanna be absolutely sure they will fit before i get them.

ive been looking for a suspension upgrade...and this certainly seems like a great deal.

note: i have a 95 ti...are the suspension parts the same for all the tis? should they still fit mine?

just got off the phone with my pops...

if we can determine if it will in fact fit a 95 ti, id like to purchase them.

===enter research and rambling====

looking at realoem.com it seems that the front matches other e36's but the rear doesnt match the e30...

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...59&hg=33&fg=45

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...27&hg=33&fg=45

i searched for the TI's rear shock part number the TI was the only diagram that came up...

well i did search on bavauto.com and the same bilstein rear shock was there for the TI and the e30 318is...

conflicting evidence but it seems like it would fit....

====im trusting bavauto on this one since they make a living selling these parts...theyd know which ones fit====

how much for shipping to 27513?
Old 11-14-2005, 07:06 PM   #8
a2222a

the original owner had them on his TI. Since he lived in southern cali, i went to his home and picked up the parts and had time to chat with him. The reason he took them off was because he also sold the car to his younger nephew and got himself a pristine E34 M5. the M5 was awesome. He is a parts mechanic at the bmw dealer. He tried different setups with bilsten sport shocks and h&r sport springs until finally deciding to go with tokico and H&R race springs as he could adjust the stiffness.

Back when i got the parts i double checked everything as well through the internet, forums, and tokico. You can also check by going to Bavarian Auto's website. Look for the bilstein part numbers for your TI. Compare those part numbers to E36 318i and E30. Should be the same.

also, i forgot to mention, that new nuts are needed that go on the top of the shocks to secure it to the vehicle. should be available at the dealer.

Thanks,
art
Old 11-14-2005, 07:17 PM   #9
a2222a

funny how we all went through the same process to verify the setup
Old 11-14-2005, 07:51 PM   #10
robcarync

alright thanks for the info...

id like to buy them

id like to know shipping costs to 27513

do you have paypal?

send me an email at

rfclark@ncsu.edu please

thanks
Old 11-14-2005, 08:27 PM   #11
a2222a

hi rob,

i just sent u an email

tks
Old 11-14-2005, 08:50 PM   #12
PettitWC

hey congrats on the new shocks and springs rob!

1997 318ti

'cause I'm a Balla Baby

FACEBOOK!!
MY SPACE!!
Old 11-14-2005, 08:55 PM   #13
robcarync

thanks...payment sent
Old 11-14-2005, 09:06 PM   #14
AlaskaBlue

Congratulations. I think you will love having a lowered ti. Handling is outrageous. Never driven anything better. It also looks cool.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:24 PM   #15
robcarync

im really excited :-) my pops was the one that suggested we upgrade the suspension and i was getting freaked out as i dont have that much money for springs/struts...since im a poor starving college student...heh

this was a deal i couldnt pass up
Closed Thread