318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,011,992 Views
  Share/Bookmark

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2007, 07:54 PM   #1
robcarync

Default I GOT THE JOB!

yo yo yo whats up guys! as i told everyone, i had an interview with BMW mfg in spartanburg/greenville/greer SC....i had my on campus interview, my on site interview/plant tour, and now i just got the call.....I GOT THE CO OP i wanted!

i actually had 3 different interviews within BMW (the most you could fit on the schedule for the days events there) so i was pretty sure i would get an offer for one of them!

my job is in the interior and exterior analysis center....where we test the production cars and such and search for problems...jeff gaffney, the boss guy who gave me the offer, was telling me about the job in the interview and told me id probably get to test drive the x5's on the off road/all terrain track they have out back, test drive the z4 m coupes on the performance track, witness crash tests like on tv with the dummies, and drive a couple comparison cars (IE: lexus SUV, mercedes SUV, etc)...now of course these goodies arent on an everyday basis, but even just having the opportunity to get paid for this stuff is cool as hell. other less exciting tests include leak down tests, suspension tests (where the car is on 4 hydraulic cylinders and bounce up and down and beat the hell out of the suspension) and i cant remember all right now...

he also told me the job is about 75% on the floor doing tests on cars and only 25% desk work, which KICKS A55!!!

anyway, i am at the library right now about to tutor for a bit, but i have some pics from the visitors center (not of the actual plant, camera phones not allowed in there) but there were some sick cars in the visitors center and more stories to tell about the interviews/plant tour (which was freakin' AWESOME) when i get a bit more time
Pioneer Speakers [] Aluminum Billet door locks [] ACS Pedals/Deadrest [] ACS Shift Knob / E-Brake Handle [] Clear Corners/Tails/Sides [] Sylvania Exterior Lighting [] Custom CAI [] Dinan Engine Chip [] Dinan Transmission Chip [] H&R Race Springs [] Tokico Illumina Shocks [] BMW X-Brace [] Relocated Lighter Mod [] Custom iPod Mod
http://www.cardomain.com/id/robcarync
robcarync is offline   Reply With Quote