318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,022,507 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 10-26-2006, 03:41 AM   #16
marleymon

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelso View Post
well like i said on bfc i hope you get a good lawyer and drop the charges and sober up quick.props for owning up to the whole thing, and after reading the replies on there, i htink you know it was dumb to get into weed like that...
"Some people like to drink, some people don't, some people like to smoke a fat one, some won't....Some poeple like it in the morning, some like it in the evening.....
Some people do, some people don't, some people will, others they won't, Some people do and... some people don't, that's o.k., it's suppose to be that way....dM"

1. black bmr+2 onions w/ justice =Arrogance to a cop.

2. Let's remember...herb is illegal because in 1937 it was believed- it made you KILL PEOPLE. Before truths were sought, tobacco and Oil lobbyists imposed their will via cash to make sure it would never be legal again.

3. Tobacco - Pot - Alcohol - Cocaine - Sex - Gambling - etc. are all VICES which can ALL lead to trouble when abused.
What's funny to some, is the obvious hipocracy.
m3outtanowhere- I wish you well. Quitting is tough, especially cold turkey...but it can be done. When this is all behind you, you'll feel a lot clearer. You'll need to stay clean to get a real job. But remember...usually once you're a smoker, you'll always be a smoker. The erge will always be there. It sucks if you don't like to drink, it sucks if you hate ciggs, it sucks if you hate everything but a smooth drag..... You'll be back, you may even smoke again, you'll just be a little more mature about it next time. Try not to sell your ride, she's a beaut.
Good Luck dude-
josh
Old 10-26-2006, 09:28 AM   #17
3DGE

Dibs on your sig!!

DAmn and I thought I had it bad with my reckless driving ticket...

Cost me 1200$ total and my insurance is a bit higher... I got lucky though, i still got my car.

Good luck man!!
3DGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:31 PM   #18
Philly

wow m3... i feel for you bud... trust me.
im not proud of it, but i hit the old one a few times a day too... i couldn't imagine bein caught, especially with such a large bag, id have crapped my pants over and over...
i was wondering what happened to you ( in regards to the exhaust deal ) but totally understandable and take your time, but if you have time to discuss with me and would like a little extra $$$ i could pay you a little more for the system than agreed upon. Let me know.

Good luck bud, its never to late to turn it around, even if your ballsdeep in a ****storm. Take it easy, relax, and let the court system do its thing, i think you'll be fine... you see what your new priorities have to be and your showing tons of remorse already and thats a very good start!!

328Ti

Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:30 PM   #19
madfronter

That sucks man. This is a wake up call for you. Look at it as a learning experience. Now you have a chance to make things right moving forward. I know I smoke on a daily as well, but over the past two weeks I decided to stop my daily use and only smoke on the weekends until I can cut that down as well. You'll be a stronger person after dealing with this ****. You should try to keep your car though. I can't believe you had that much on you along with a scale. What were you thinking? Were you out making deliveries or something? You were just asking for trouble. Good luck man!!
madfronter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:20 PM   #20
m-technik_ti

Man, that’s rough....A couple of hours in lockup will really straighten you up though.

2 ounces would only get you a slap on the wrist here in Vancouver....Unless you've got a full-on grow-op running, pot most likely wont get you any jail time here; especially if its your first offence.

Anyways, good luck with your case.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:12 PM   #21
Severian

Now that you are out on bail you're out of the "fast track", so you have time to find an attorney and you have time for him/her to evaluate your predicament. If you hadn't been bailed out you probably would've been tried/convicted already. If you don't make enough money (and attest to it/prove it to a judge), he or she will appoint a public defender to you. I don't know how old you are or what your situation is, but it's not really easy to be proven "unable to pay for an attorney" unless you basically have no assets/job/income.

Once you find an attorney then they'll take a look at your charges, the evidence, and your past record. Based on these circumstances the lawyer may be able to negotiate with the prosecutor that, "Because it's first offense and this mitigating cirucumstance and that mitigating circumstance can my client have a misdomenor charge with so many years of probation..." etc etc.

My guess is that a private attorney will cost at least $5,000...I'm not sure about that though.
Severian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:09 PM   #22
HuGo

Well i for one, dont feel any sympathy for you.

2 ounces, a scale, baggies and you were faded while driving. Common, you shoulda been smarter about that. You know your not in any good conditions to drive, well maybe you were, but to the cop, your not. Not only are you faded but driving then carrying that stuff with you.

I hate people that drunk drive, and people that are stoned while driving cuz they drive stupid and can kill people in a car accident.

How long did you spend in jail? Did you get man handled? LOL j/k.

But im glad your doing everything in your power to solve your problem. Things happen for a reason and maybe this is telling you that you need to work for a better future.

Dont get me wrong, i dont hate you. I just think that DUI isnt a good thing and thats why i dont feel bad that this happen to you. You coulda just kicked it, or maybe you coulda NOT burn out or you coulda stashed all the equipment. Good Luck and hopefully everything works out.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:38 PM   #23
ChItalian1027

Vehicles

hey M3 i've been on this stuff since my freshman year of high school.. yea i know this isn't a good thing to do so i've decided to go cold turkey i'm now a junior in high school i never did it before, during, and after school hours cause of my grades. just on week ends. reading ur story has made me want to quit cause i don't want to end up getting caught. i've thrown all my things away bongs, papers, hookas ect. i'm very glad i quit cause one more day of doing this i would have been caught. i wish u the best of luck kicking ur habit in the balls!!

WTB: HELLROT RED CLUB SPORT

95 ti sold but staying in the family.
ChItalian1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:30 AM   #24
m3outtanowhere

First: 1996318ti - I DID NOT GET A DUI! Did u even read it all?

second: kickass95318ti - I am glad that my misfortune has showed you that IN AMERICA weed is not worth smoking.

IF YOU WANT TO SMOKE...GET A LICSENCE. If I did I would have been let go, weed returned, and on my way.

So heres the lesson: If you want to do something illegal in America; lie to your docter and have it listed as a medical excuse. Or be a law abiding citizen...com'on though we all break the law here, we all drive bimmers and we have all speed/burned out/drove after drinking a beer.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:25 AM   #25
3DGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3outtanowhere View Post
So heres the lesson: If you want to do something illegal in America; lie to your docter and have it listed as a medical excuse. Or be a law abiding citizen...com'on though we all break the law here, we all drive bimmers and we have all speed/burned out/drove after drinking a beer.
I am guilty, i went with a frind to go watch a movie, before i did I had a double shot of vodka...not engough to get buzed but If I got pulledover I would have been marked DUI...most likely.
3DGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 01:38 AM   #26
mohaughn

Quote:
I'll admit here, I was high
Quote:
First: 1996318ti - I DID NOT GET A DUI! Did u even read it all?
He didn't say you got charged with DUI, he said you were DUI. As in you were driving under the influence..

Best of luck to you. Also take into consideration that there are very few states that allow medical marijuana.. Even then it is still a federal crime... If it is your first offense you should be able to get off with a drug rehab program, some comm. service, and 1 or 2 years probation.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 02:16 AM   #27
marleymon

Quote:
second: kickass95318ti - I am glad that my misfortune has showed you that IN AMERICA weed is not worth smoking.

IF YOU WANT TO SMOKE...GET A LICSENCE. If I did I would have been let go, weed returned, and on my way.

haha- license to smoke pot? If you had a license for it, you would have been let go? You are right- we all break the law sometimes, but again- you have to be cocky to tote that much.
Why did you have so much in your car? Is carrying 2 ounces with a scale a normal everyday thing to you? Maybe a joint or an eighth and you MIGHT get off, but come on!
As far as I know those med cards are bullshyt. The police rarely look the other way on felony law.
Plenty of americans- including cops, smoke daily and have no troubles at all.
How about leaving it at home?
Old 10-27-2006, 04:34 AM   #28
angel318ti

whatever happens to you is well deserved. I'm sure that this is not exactly what you want to hear but its the truth. now what you have to give up your priced posessions to preserve your freedom. It's time to mature and and mature now because this is where things escalate. you can ask my dad. he was in the same boat you are now but he didn't learn his lesson. will you?
angel318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 05:25 AM   #29
Panzer_M

The fates have strange ways sometimes..Wish you luck.

I don't believe in the amount of money we spending in the losing drug war(funds that could go to other needed fronts/issues) , if people in society need a crutch to support themselves, I don't see it as a criminal act(I am not a drug user, but I don't condemn those who are non-violent users) The Jails are for the pedofiles,rapiest, murders, and other who leech from society and seek to do it harm. This human element is what deserves to be behind bars.

I do see the humor of 1890s-1910s when the drugs of today were still common place, Opium, Cocaine, Marijuana etc all could be easily found in most drugstores.
http://www.cfbmw.org/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=1
Panzer_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 05:34 AM   #30
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaughn View Post
He didn't say you got charged with DUI, he said you were DUI. As in you were driving under the influence.
+40654640 Exacta mundo!

Yea, just cuz he didnt charge you with DUI doesnt mean you werent DUI.

Exactly what i was going to say and mohaughn got it. Good eyes.

How many days did you spend in jail?

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote