318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,016,233 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 10-27-2006, 12:25 PM   #31
ssprint

Good Luck man, it could have been more worse. i'm glad no one got hurt. you did the right thing though by not running away from the cops. i see a lot of stupid people on tv who got pulled over and try to out run the cops which they think they can but ended up in big trouble instead of a simple traffic ticket. in short, lesson learned. its never too late to around your life from bad stuff.
ssprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 01:14 PM   #32
T-Huss

you will be fine just applyu for "Pre Trial Intervention" and u will have probation for like 2 yrs
Old 10-27-2006, 02:18 PM   #33
Panzer_M

littering and
littering and
littering and

littering and smoking the reefer.

sorry just remembered SuperTroopers
http://www.cfbmw.org/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=1
Panzer_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:34 PM   #34
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

You ARE freaking out.......man.

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:18 PM   #35
HuGo

Pull the vehicle over..

Im already pulled over..pull over farther man..

Sir Im already pulled over...Hes already pulled over, he cant pull over any farther...

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:23 PM   #36
aceyx

That sucks, but I'm glad you're man enough to own up to your mistakes. Everybody makes them.

DISCLAIMER: The following represents my recommendations based solely on personal experience, and does not constitute legal advice.

My advice is when you show up to your hearing, wear a suit. Or at least look nice. Seriously, half the people that show up will be in a wifebeater or worse. If you can, have your parents come. When the judge sees that the matter will be handed outside of the courts, s/he's more likely to let this make a light check on your record rather than a big X. (Plus, parents that care generally punish you harsher than any court can)

Don't try to justify your actions. Show remorse, and recidivism (that you'll change). Basically, what you've told us here: that it was wrong, this was an enlightening experience, that it will never happen again. In the past, I've even gone so far as to say that I'm glad it happened, and that I could learn this lesson before anybody was injured as the result of my actions, and that I probably wouldn't be able to handle that.

This won't get you off scot-free, but it will get you off with less haunting you down the road.

Best of luck.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:25 PM   #37
aceyx

Oh, and Hugo, get off your high horse (no pun intended).

Street racing is just as dangerous and illegal.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:15 PM   #38
mohaughn

Quote:
Show remorse
That is the best advice I've seen so far. So many times judges and juries base their decision on how they feel the person feels about their actions. If you show remorse and really feel badly for what you have done and convey they fact that you have learned a lesson they don't feel like they have to take the extra step to teach you the lesson.

Also keep in mind that if you can get a plea bargain that would turn this into something other than a drug offense I'd go for it. A friend of mine was caught with a very very small amount of cocaine when he was 22 years old. He is now close to 45 and was turned down for a very good job because they found that on his record. He didn't even get convicted, he had it non-judicated. But the drug offense and arrest is still on his record. Your attorney can give you the best advice in regards to how to make this not affect you in your future life.

As far as the parents go. Does that apply here? I'm not sure how old M3 is, but seeing as he has several degrees from college already, what his parents think or can do really doesn't apply. My parents didn't have the ability to punish me for any of my actions once I was 18 because I no longer lived with them.

Now, that doesn't mean that I would willingly go out and do something to piss them off, but if I got into trouble with the law after I was 18 I think my parents would have let whatever the court gave me as punishment be my punishment. My father was very clear in that he felt that once I was 18 I was an adult, and I was responsible for my actions and that he wasn't going to be there to bail my ass out. I'm sure it was hard for them to do that because I'm very close with my parents but ultimately it made me the very independent person that I am now.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:46 PM   #39
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceyx View Post
Oh, and Hugo, get off your high horse (no pun intended).

Street racing is just as dangerous and illegal.
Took a while for someone to say. But atleast i wouldnt be DUI while doing it. Can you imagine, street racing + drunk/faded????

Like i said before and ill say it again, Im not being stupid when i do it. (besides the fact that i am racing)

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:50 PM   #40
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaughn View Post
I'm sure it was hard for them to do that because I'm very close with my parents but ultimately it made me the very independent person that I am now.
As it should be. It should be that way because your 18, adult, and you gotta do things for yourself and move foward. Just cuz they wont help doesnt mean they dont care no more. Its just an understanding that your an adult, and you know whats good from bad and you learn on your own. Also teaches you to be responsible. My dad once told me if you catches me with drugs, hell send me to jail himself. That doesnt mean he doesnt love me, just showing me to be smart and not an idiot. BTW i dont do drugs and i dont drink.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 10-28-2006, 12:35 AM   #41
m3outtanowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceyx View Post
That sucks, but I'm glad you're man enough to own up to your mistakes. Everybody makes them.

DISCLAIMER: The following represents my recommendations based solely on personal experience, and does not constitute legal advice.

My advice is when you show up to your hearing, wear a suit. Or at least look nice. Seriously, half the people that show up will be in a wifebeater or worse. If you can, have your parents come. When the judge sees that the matter will be handed outside of the courts, s/he's more likely to let this make a light check on your record rather than a big X. (Plus, parents that care generally punish you harsher than any court can)

Don't try to justify your actions. Show remorse, and recidivism (that you'll change). Basically, what you've told us here: that it was wrong, this was an enlightening experience, that it will never happen again. In the past, I've even gone so far as to say that I'm glad it happened, and that I could learn this lesson before anybody was injured as the result of my actions, and that I probably wouldn't be able to handle that.

This won't get you off scot-free, but it will get you off with less haunting you down the road.

Best of luck.
Best advice yet! Thanks for your help, sympathy, and knowledge in my troubling time. Im taking it too hard and I dont know why, I AM freaking Out Man!
Old 10-28-2006, 01:54 AM   #42
ChItalian1027

Vehicles

good luck changing ur life around M3!! sry this had to happen to u!! yes i'm very glad that i read this story for i've just quiet today because i just turned 17 and i want to start clean! i'm getting another chance to change my life and i'm very glad my parents punished me for my actions it saved my life and someone elses

WTB: HELLROT RED CLUB SPORT

95 ti sold but staying in the family.
ChItalian1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 06:25 AM   #43
Rhythmic///Delivery

Well bro i can tell you everything will be ok bro you just need to learn from it... I get done with a year in rehab (Teen Challenge) Nov. 18th and i get sentenced on the 20th of nov. for Trafficking and Conspiring to Traffic Ecstacy.... Im going to be looking at 3years probation and thats about it because it was my first charge and b/c of the Lord... I just turned 21 in oct. its easy to get carried away fast... I had a 4.2 out of highschool started college and lost control... I wouldnt change it for anything but like i said you just have to learn from it...
Rhythmic///Delivery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 07:03 AM   #44
HuGo

i got a 3.8 in HS and im at college and i didnt lose it? I dont see no point in drugs at all and why smoke weed, to get high? Sh!t, im already natural high and thats fine with me. I dont need anything else to make me "laugh" when i laugh my ass off on my own natural high. But its kool that people smoke weed, atleast it smells better than smoking tobacco and i havent seen people's mouth get all f*cked up from chronic. Anyway, a good friend of mine sells cush or however you spell that, i guess its kool for others but not for me.

How many days did you spend in JAIL!......

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 10-28-2006, 10:33 AM   #45
REDIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssprint View Post
Good Luck man, it could have been more worse. i'm glad no one got hurt. you did the right thing though by not running away from the cops. i see a lot of stupid people on tv who got pulled over and try to out run the cops which they think they can but ended up in big trouble instead of a simple traffic ticket. in short, lesson learned. its never too late to around your life from bad stuff.
are you kidding me! C'mon, he has an M3. he would have dusted that cop.

not that he should of and that they wouldn't of found him later, but still, left in the dust and weed smoke.