318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Engine

Notices

Engine Tuneups, chips, wires, spark plugs.

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 98,226 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 61,063 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 58,458 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 03-25-2011, 08:28 AM   #31
pdxmotorhead

I always get scared when people have the ability to load tunes that others develop, and ASSUME they will just be perfect on every car... Not pointing at anyone just raising a common issue...
pdxmotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #32
bmwconnect

Here is a picture of a very small portion of the RAW code inside the DME ( full file is 8000 lines)
A .XDF coded script simply takes this raw code you see in this photo and makes it read-able by the average person with no programing background. As you can imagine converting this to something readable by a average person is a time consuming head ache.

Here we have the encrypted .XDF in RAW code

below is a result picture of one of my encrypted .XDF map packs transferred into software for the DME282_Chip#595 motronic version 1.7.2
It may look a little overwhelming, but really it's very simple to work with
Fuel related maps have a range from 0-255~max
0= no fuel / 255= max injector open time and everything between is tuning for a desired AFR
Spark maps are converted to deg BTDC witch is straight forward

Last edited by bmwconnect; 03-25-2011 at 11:56 AM.
bmwconnect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #33
mohaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwconnect View Post
Here is a picture of a very small portion of the RAW code inside the DME ( full file is 8000 lines)
A .XDF coded script simply takes this raw code you see in this photo and makes it read-able by the average person with no programing background. As you can imagine converting this to something readable by a average person is a time consuming head ache.
below is a result picture of one of my encrypted .XDF map packs transferred into software for the DME282_Chip#595 motronic version 1.7.2
It may look a little overwhelming, but really it's very simple to work with
Fuel related maps have a range from 0-255~max
0= no fuel / 255= max injector open time and everything between is tuning for a desired AFR
Spark maps are converted to deg BTDC witch is straight forward
What resolution is the WOT mappings for the 1.7.2 motronic? I can't see the WOT map there to see how small of increments you can work with in terms of RPM range. Can DISA operation be tuned/adjusted? Also, how is EWS handled for later model year 95 cars with EWS? Does tunerpro handle any checksum corrections that are needed?
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:44 PM   #34
bmwconnect

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowin 4 View Post
that's sic but isnt that pro tuner software i just saw a u tube video of that set up and it looks the same as pro tune . dont i already have the file from u of 282 xdf that you sent me to start my car all i would need it to down load that and get pro tuner of the web for free then save 174.99 or am i missing something.
The software you load my .XDF into is called tuner pro... XDF's do not come with tuner pro, you have to author them yourself or find a guy to author them AKA myself

You need to load both a .bin file and .xdf into tunerpro or it wont work
Old 03-25-2011, 04:55 PM   #35
bmwconnect

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaughn View Post
What resolution is the WOT mappings for the 1.7.2 motronic? I can't see the WOT map there to see how small of increments you can work with in terms of RPM range. Can DISA operation be tuned/adjusted? Also, how is EWS handled for later model year 95 cars with EWS? Does tunerpro handle any checksum corrections that are needed?
resolutions for wide open is 1x474 and not based on rpm at all
yes disa operation can be adjusted, but you need to edit that code in raw hex until tuner pro comes out with some more advanced editing features
If the car has EWS then I send out my EWS delete .bin file
Yes it handles checksum and in the 1.7.2 case its multiple rage algorithms
Old 03-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #36
mohaughn

I guess maybe I didn't ask the question the right way. LM2 data is AFR against RPM, if I have a lean or rich spot in a tune, say right when the disa valve opens, how small of RPM increments can be adjusted, even if the DME isn't using RPM in the equation, I would assume it has to be displayed in tunerpro against something that a user could correlate back to the LM2 data? I'm just not familiar enough with tunerpro or the software like WinOLS to know how the maps are displayed relative to AFR data.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:50 PM   #37
bmwconnect

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaughn View Post
I guess maybe I didn't ask the question the right way. LM2 data is AFR against RPM, if I have a lean or rich spot in a tune, say right when the disa valve opens, how small of RPM increments can be adjusted, even if the DME isn't using RPM in the equation, I would assume it has to be displayed in tunerpro against something that a user could correlate back to the LM2 data? I'm just not familiar enough with tunerpro or the software like WinOLS to know how the maps are displayed relative to AFR data.
Buy my XDF and all your questions will be answered
Old 03-26-2011, 04:09 AM   #38
bmwconnect

Quote:
Hahahaha its good if you own a i6 as for the i4 there's no hope at least from my experience . i think they should not offer any tune's for the 318 until there 100 % sure it will work .vac motor sport's refunded my money for the 318 base map tune that wouldn't start my car !!! now i have to get my money back on the warchip.
It is not even good for the i6 ... You can't even trace the maps live to see what part of the map is being used ... good luck tuning any BMW with the war chip LOL
Old 03-26-2011, 04:16 AM   #39
bmwconnect

Quote:
what version of tunerpro comes with your kit i saw on the web page a tunerpro and for $39.00 pro rt also there are post from ppl that have posted xdf and i saw the 282 file for free also more bmw xdf hummmm im going to call them & get more info .......crap its silver tab means it has ews im ass out .
It comes with tunerpro RT and Midnight Tuning Solutions .XDF

Good luck tuning with the free .XDF public files The person who made those BMW public XDFs didn't know what he was doing and simply copied and pasted maps thinking it was the same for every DME

There is a reason why my files are encrypted and why I am charging for the properly done .XDF file

Last edited by bmwconnect; 03-26-2011 at 04:21 AM.
bmwconnect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:29 AM   #40
bmwconnect

Quote:
sounds like you now your ****... so how hard it it to down load all these files i been reading about ppl get al stuck half way threw tunerpro can i send you my laptop and you get it all set up so that i can some what get it running and have my new tuner dial it in .
I can set it up from you remotely

you just need to download a program called http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx its free
Old 03-26-2011, 04:29 AM   #41
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Hahahaha its good if you own a i6 as for the i4 there's no hope at least from my experience . i think they should not offer any tune's for the 318 until there 100 % sure it will work .vac motor sport's refunded my money for the 318 base map tune that wouldn't start my car !!! now i have to get my money back on the warchip.
I was just messin with Barrie when I posted that. Thought it would be funny after all the drama that went down earlier. To be fair and honest, I haven't had experience with either Midnight or Miller. However, after seeing how Miller treated their customers and how willing Midnight is to help people on this forum despite all the negativity and harsh remarks as well as all of the knowledge and support given to our members who haven't even purchased a product from them, my money goes to Midnight hands down. Barrie has extended his kindness to our community by offering very valuable advice and becoming a site supporter. He's an active member here, visits multiple times daily. He seems to be offering a respectable product at a very reasonable price. For about the same amount one would spend on a generic "one size fits all" chip that can't be modified, he's offering a custom base line tune, all of the software AND HARDWARE needed to get you rolling and make your own adjustments as you dial things in to perfection. On top of that, he's offering his knowledge and one-on-one support which is really hard to find these days. No matter how hard you try to compare prices and get a sweeter deal elsewhere, no deal can replace the excellent service and support offered by Midnight tuning
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:35 AM   #42
bmwconnect

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
I was just messin with Barrie when I posted that. Thought it would be funny after all the drama that went down earlier. To be fair and honest, I haven't had experience with either Midnight or Miller. However, after seeing how Miller treated their customers and how willing Midnight is to help people on this forum despite all the negativity and harsh remarks as well as all of the knowledge and support given to our members who haven't even purchased a product from them, my money goes to Midnight hands down. Barrie has extended his kindness to our community by offering very valuable advice and becoming a site supporter. He's an active member here, visits multiple times daily. He seems to be offering a respectable product at a very reasonable price. For about the same amount one would spend on a generic "one size fits all" chip that can't be modified, he's offering a custom base line tune, all of the software AND HARDWARE needed to get you rolling and make your own adjustments as you dial things in to perfection. On top of that, he's offering his knowledge and one-on-one support which is really hard to find these days. No matter how hard you try to compare prices and get a sweeter deal elsewhere, no deal can replace the excellent service and support offered by Midnight tuning
this post really made my night
Old 03-26-2011, 04:36 AM   #43
bmwconnect

Quote:
teamviewer looks like a headache to me i should have went to computer class lol.
If you can't figure out team-viewer, then tunerpro is not for you
Old 03-26-2011, 05:13 AM   #44
bmwconnect

Quote:
ok so i set up teamviewer ill give you the pass word & id when im ready ill hit you up for your paypal email 2maro.
Send me a email midnight-tuning@rogers.com
Old 03-26-2011, 02:13 PM   #45
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
lol i didnt try but from the looks of tunerpro it's very simple from the videos i seen on youtue .i dont really care if i cant tune my car as long as the tuner can and my **** rock's that's all that matter's !!!!
I have Barrie Teamview my Laptop and do stuff all the time. He is quick and spot on everytime. I just sit and watch the amazing stuff he does with my tunes over remote on my Laptop while it is plugged into my car. His knowledge is unreal.

It goes further then tunes he helps with other things too. He is really a stand up person and always willing to help me and other people out of kindness. This is the reason I'm so quick to defend him.

John S
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote