318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 974,354 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 11-11-2006, 12:31 AM   #1
SDKmann

Default Is my ti worth it?

Ok, so Ive had my ti for a little over a year now. I bought it from a BMW mech who works at the dealership and was the second owner so I thought it would be in pretty good shape. Well since then I got into an accident that smashed the hood, a headlight, and some of the front end metal. To add to that Ive had a few problems and they are getting worse. Lately its been makeing some extremely loud and pretty horrible grinding sounds when ever I turn left and it hasnt been starting well for a while, this all seems to happen in cold weather although the grinding can still be heard during any season but its just not as intense. During some minor work recently I found out that the first owner replaced all the speakers with cheap aftermarket ones and that he either did it himself or had a friend do it. Either way it was a horrible instalation and the speakers in the drivers door almost never work at all. To top things off I found out yesterday that the drivers side ,side skirt had been knocked off by the previous owner and glued back on instead of using the 10 cent clips needed. The fact that the skirt was off in the first place leads me to belive that it has been in some kind of an accident before. The body damage alone might qualify it as totaled depnding on the bodyshop and there are plenty of other problems too. Over all the car is not exactly in good condition, i.e. ripped seats, stained and ripped carpet, cracked, chipped and scratched paint, and scuffed up rims. I doubt I could get more then 2k for it in its current condition or 4.5k with a lot of work. Im not exactly crazy about my car since its a auto and its not in great condition. But it dose have some sentimental value since it is my first car and Ive had a lot of fun in it. I have the money to pay for the repairs but Im not sure wether to repair it or buy a nicer, faster BMW. What would you do in this situation? Sorry about the long post.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:26 AM   #2
96cali

Abandon ship and buy another Ti.

96cali is offline   Reply With Quote