318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Misc

Notices

Misc Does not fit in any of the forums below.

» Recent Threads
1999 M3 Swap
09-07-2023 10:10 PM
Last post by buzzboy
05-02-2024 08:18 PM
6 Replies, 333,591 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 04-06-2007, 06:24 PM   #16
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by campaiar View Post
Please tell me that "ant" is short for something.

You didn't really hit a wall to miss an ant, as in the insect did you?

Antelope maybe. (Sorry if I misunderstand you, we don't have antelopes in OHIO, but we have plenty of insects, and to me "ant" is the insect)
yea man!! the insect. No it isnt short for anything. It was an actual ant (a cm in size or mm dont know which one). this little thing almost got me killed. But yea, i didnt want to run over the ant. I didnt want to have to pick it up and make a proper tombstone for it and burry it.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:17 PM   #17
SlickmisterN

I hope this is a joke to rustle a few feathers... I know you get off on that crap. Who can even see an "ant" on the road when traveling (from the looks of your wreck) as fast as you? Something seems fishy. But if this is the true story...swerving for an ant?, then I must tell you to Kill Yourself....TAKE YOUR OWN LIFE, COMMIT SUICIDE!!! How has Charles Darwin's selectionism enabled you to survive this long in life???

Jesus! You could've lost control to save the "ant" hopped a curb and popped a couple of school children, but you were unfortunately lucky enough to only wreck your car and not go to jail for wreckless manslaughter...:sigh:... at least you have that Lambo to destroy next....WAKE THE FCUK UP!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:32 PM   #18
weezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickmisterN View Post
I hope this is a joke to rustle a few feathers... I know you get off on that crap. Who can even see an "ant" on the road when traveling (from the looks of your wreck) as fast as you? Something seems fishy. But if this is the true story...swerving for an ant?, then I must tell you to Kill Yourself....TAKE YOUR OWN LIFE, COMMIT SUICIDE!!! How has Charles Darwin's selectionism enabled you to survive this long in life???

Jesus! You could've lost control to save the "ant" hopped a curb and popped a couple of school children, but you were unfortunately lucky enough to only wreck your car and not go to jail for wreckless manslaughter...:sigh:... at least you have that Lambo to destroy next....WAKE THE FCUK UP!
Yup, the Lambo, and the uh....M3 and the, uh......E46 and what else did you claim to have???? Oh, the Acura.....which I believe he has shown pics of.
What we should do is just don't respond to his threads....period.
Maybe he'll go away quietly..........

1997 318ti, Hellrot (Bright Red), Dinan Stage 2 Chip
16x7 OEM sport Wheels/X-Brace/Custom Strut Brace/Cold Air Intake/M-Tec Steering Wheel/Koni Adjustable FrontShocks/ Bilstein Sport Rear Shocks /H&R Sport Springs/Custom fabricated strut tower brace/Rear Strut brace, Stromung Exhaust
Future Mods: E46 17" wheels or Kosei K-1 17x8.5s
weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:45 PM   #19
jkilla71

Location: Ft Lauderdale, Fl moving to Eastern PA in May of 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996Bmw318TI View Post
yea man!! the insect. No it isnt short for anything. It was an actual ant (a cm in size or mm dont know which one). this little thing almost got me killed. But yea, i didnt want to run over the ant. I didnt want to have to pick it up and make a proper tombstone for it and burry it.
I can't believe you are not joking; hit the animal every time it is cheaper on the insurance and on the repair. Swerving to miss animals will put you off the road or in a path of another driver and to me any human life is worth a billion dead animals. Excuse me please but I have two friends that wrecked their cars trying to miss animals and one is crippled slightly and the other has had extensive plastic surgery with limited success.

You are sick if it really was a insect but I think you are joking because how could you determine you saw a ant on the road at any rate of speed.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:50 PM   #20
AutoM3otives

Once a liar, always a lair.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:16 PM   #21
mohaughn

I can't believe you people actually believe that story. Obviously a joke because he doesn't want to say what really happened.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:10 PM   #22
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkilla71 View Post
You are sick if it really was a insect but I think you are joking because how could you determine you saw a ant on the road at any rate of speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaughn View Post
I can't believe you people actually believe that story. Obviously a joke because he doesn't want to say what really happened.
So we only got 2 smart people?

Jesus christ people of coarse its a damn joke. Who the f**k can see an ant on the floor while driving anyway? God, you guys are VERY closed minded.

The story of what happen isnt even interesting but even if i did say what happen you guys wont believe so why even say it right?

Slickmister, i am awake, and i cant believe you could actually tell someone to commit suicide. But your so perfect in life that everything you do is so perfect right? I can tell you now, i feel sorry for you Its very very sad

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:06 PM   #23
AutoM3otives

Quote:
So we only got 2 smart people?

Jesus christ people of coarse its a damn joke. Who the f**k can see an ant on the floor while driving anyway? God, you guys are VERY closed minded.

The story of what happen isnt even interesting but even if i did say what happen you guys wont believe so why even say it right?

Slickmister, i am awake, and i cant believe you could actually tell someone to commit suicide. But your so perfect in life that everything you do is so perfect right? I can tell you now, i feel sorry for you Its very very sad
Try us.
Enlighten us.
Please do tell.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:14 PM   #24
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoM3otives View Post
Try us.
Enlighten us.
Please do tell.
I can start with this....

First of all, it didnt involve in a street race or any type of race.....

and there, in most of your guy's eyes, I have already started lying. So like i said, theres no point to tell if you guys dont believe me already with just that one sentence i started. So from there one, it would just be a "lie"

If this board paypals me some money and come up with 65 dollars total then ill tell. LoL J/K.

But yea, what happen, happen and thats something i cant change. Just get my Ti back and running again and continue with my life.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 04-07-2007, 12:00 AM   #25
AutoM3otives

Quote:
[COLOR="Blue"]

First of all, it didnt involve in a street race or any type of race.....
Good start.
Continue.
I'm all ears.
No sarcasm here.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:02 PM   #26
SlickmisterN

Dude you're crazy in the head. Sorry for telling you to kill yourself. We all make mistakes...here I'll take some of the heat off you. I wrecked a $31K vehicle the first year I owned it. Flipped it bumper to bumper but landed shiny side up. Sh!t happens to alot of people for alot of reasons. We aren't singleing you out, we just want to know what happened. Natural curiousity, not out to get you. We're all compadres on this site. But when you start lieing just for the fun of seeing peoples reactions, thats when you have a problem. Get over yourself...your not the first kid to put a BMW into a wall and you won't be the last.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	STIZLE-2[1].jpg Views:	125 Size:	183.0 KB ID:	3579  
Old 04-09-2007, 08:10 PM   #27
mohaughn

I bet those bald tires contributed to that accident.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:15 PM   #28
SlickmisterN

Yeah, I had tracked the car about 4 times that year so the tires were a bit worn, and like an idiot I didn't realize how much dirt and gravel was on the road surface. Turned out to be one of THE biggest mistakes of my life.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:17 PM   #29
zboot

That reminds me - summer 2k5 I was working in syracuse ny. Driving back to rochester after my last day in syracuse, maybe 5-10 miles from rochester, I see EVERYONE in front of me slamming on their brakes and pulling off to the side and median. This scared the living daylights (partly because I was starting to get sleepy and not as alert as I could be) out of me, and I brake down to about 30 mph and a few seconds later passed either a mercedes or bwm couple that had flipped over. From what I could tell in the couple seconds I saw this, the guy (or woman) had fallen asleep at the wheel, drifted into the median and flipped the car. I was kinda tired that afternoon driving back but seeing that (and everyone suddenly stopping and running off the road) woke me up.
zboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:10 PM   #30
aceyx

My first accident was in an '86 735i. Car was 10 years old, I had just gotten my license 6 months previous. Crashed into the side of a mountain and totalled it. From the driver's compartment, I could see the back of the engine poking up underneath the hood.

That mountain jumped out of nowhere directly into my way.