Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 991,213 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 07-21-2010, 11:36 PM   #1
familytruckster

Vehicles
Default Dinan M42 Throttle Body and DME

Picked the TB up a little while back to see if it could be made to work on the M44. It came with the dinan flashed DME and a VAF/MAF meter. I don't feel like messing with it, so it needs to go.

$250 shipped for all 3 parts. I will consider selling seperately.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	IMAG0225.jpg Views:	464 Size:	38.0 KB ID:	10188   Click image for larger version Name:	IMAG0230.jpg Views:	440 Size:	25.9 KB ID:	10189   Click image for larger version Name:	IMAG0226.jpg Views:	440 Size:	39.2 KB ID:	10190  

Old 07-22-2010, 12:09 AM   #2
familytruckster

Vehicles

I should also add I'm open to trades for parts... I need a auto flywheel...
Old 07-22-2010, 07:49 AM   #3
Marv17

how do you know its Dinan?? i don't see the Stamped DINAN on the butterfly.

-Theta Chi-
Float like a cadilac, sting like a BIMMER

.... my socket is just too thick and won't fit in the hole! damnit!

Marv's 332ti is in the werks. Stay tuned ya'll ...

Check list: S52 swap, manual transmission swap, 3.25 LSD with M Coupe diff cover, SuperSprint muffler, M3 style mirrors, AFE intake, ASC delete, M50 Manifold swap, UUC strut bar, ZHP lighted knob, Vaders, M-tech interior, OEM armrest, AC Schintzer front lip, AC Schnitzer rear spoiler, Roof spoiler, 18'' rims, M3 front drilled brakes, LED interior lights, 3 spoke Euro style steering wheel, OEM roof spoiler and bike holder, Thule fairing, Euro tail lights, oil pressure guage, carbon fiber hood painted to original paint (still showing CF weaving), what's next to do...?
Marv17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:19 PM   #4
familytruckster

Vehicles

It's stamped on there. Look closely. And here are some better pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	IMAG0232.jpg Views:	417 Size:	25.2 KB ID:	10191   Click image for larger version Name:	IMAG0233.jpg Views:	396 Size:	19.4 KB ID:	10192  
Old 07-22-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
Marv17

AH! Perfect. Just wanted it to be clarified cuz ppl will ask you. This is a nice addition for the M42. I'd jump on it if i still had the M44.
good luck with sale.

-Theta Chi-

Check list: S52 swap, manual transmission swap, 3.25 LSD with M Coupe diff cover, SuperSprint muffler, M3 style mirrors, AFE intake, ASC delete, M50 Manifold swap, UUC strut bar, ZHP lighted knob, Vaders, M-tech interior, OEM armrest, AC Schintzer front lip, AC Schnitzer rear spoiler, Roof spoiler, 18'' rims, M3 front drilled brakes, LED interior lights, 3 spoke Euro style steering wheel, OEM roof spoiler and bike holder, Thule fairing, Euro tail lights, oil pressure guage, carbon fiber hood painted to original paint (still showing CF weaving), what's next to do...?
Old 07-22-2010, 06:08 PM   #6
clex2

Pm'd you.
'95 330ti CS w/sr delete, S50USB30, cams, 24# inj, Conforti SW, Euro HFM, Samco Silicone Intake Boot, BBTB, Euro Oil Cooler, JTD CAI Duct, RE DMS exhaust, RE Tranny mounts, CF Valve Cover, LTW flywheel/Kevlar sprung hub clutch, RE SSK, 3.46 Finned LSD (M6) , M3 tranny, Brembos, RE Wheel Studs, SS brake/clutch lines, CF interior, Rear Headrest retrofit, Tilt Steering retrofit, 13.5 lb DynaBatt in rear, LED interior/footwell lights, ZKW HID, Headlight Aim Control, Rear fog light w/cluster indicator, CF 3 Aux gauge pod, BMW Traffic Pro/Alpine MP3-CD Changer, Staggered LTW wheels, '95 M3 steering rack, VIS CF Hood, M3 LTW Strut Bar, TCK SA coilovers, Red LTW Motorsport Seatbelts, OEM Fire Extinguisher, Z8 Starter button, Auto dim rear view mirror w/ Homelink/Compass, PDC, Rear Sun Shade, Euro Gauge Cluster w/oil temp/shift light , Headlight Washers, "Motorsport" Door Handles, CF Grills, French ZKW Fogs, Euro dash bins, Power Lumbar Support is next, Coming e39 M5 interior light, Bimmer Magazine 8/2007
clex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #7
familytruckster

Vehicles

Sold!
Old 07-23-2010, 02:38 AM   #8
Platanos

Michael is a great seller.. can't wait to put this on.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:41 AM   #9
familytruckster

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platanos View Post
That's not what you said in the pm!
Old 07-23-2010, 05:47 AM   #10
Marv17

Quote:
damn dude. you're buying parts left and right. I can't wait to see your ti put all together after you install all the parts i see you snatching up haha. show us what you got ...

-Theta Chi-

Old 07-23-2010, 02:48 PM   #11
Platanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by familytruckster View Post
That's not what you said in the pm!

Yeah, well you did give me a bit of a scare. At first I didn't scroll down. Hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv17 View Post
damn dude. you're buying parts left and right. I can't wait to see your ti put all together after you install all the parts i see you snatching up haha. show us what you got ...
I need to get a few more things like the suspension bushings, wheels refinished. Gotta get some paint on the spoilers. One thing at a time, but something always pops up that I wasn't even thinking about.....

Anyway, what type of gains if any will I see with this tb. Is it gonna be restricted by the air meter? Will this sound any different?
Old 07-23-2010, 03:23 PM   #12
Platanos

Can I use a cai with this?
Old 07-23-2010, 05:55 PM   #13
Marv17

Quote:
Yeah, well you did give me a bit of a scare. At first I didn't scroll down. Hahaha

I need to get a few more things like the suspension bushings, wheels refinished. Gotta get some paint on the spoilers. One thing at a time, but something always pops up that I wasn't even thinking about.....

Anyway, what type of gains if any will I see with this tb. Is it gonna be restricted by the air meter? Will this sound any different?

hmm, you will see better throttle responses. It will be a little more torquey. It allows like 8% more air flow. On a OBD I, I think you'll see like 10hp i think but the numbers are on the Dinan website. I don't think there is an air meter available for the M42 though. I think you'll be able to take out the chip in the ECU you just bought and snap it in yours so you can keep your original ECU.

-Theta Chi-

Old 07-25-2010, 03:34 PM   #14
familytruckster

Vehicles

I'm pretty sure the chip is programmed for more advance with the lower intake air temps of a CAI.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:02 PM   #15
Shellback

Platanos...please tell me about those wheels. Nice!
Oh, and post sale bump...
Shellback is offline   Reply With Quote