318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Induction

Notices

Induction Superchargers, NO2 and turbos.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 984,514 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 08-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #1
denglish318ti

Default Where to put meth pump

Hi, I am having trouble finding a place to put my ShurFlo pump for my meth injection system. I am using the windscreen washer tank as the resevoir so it really needs to be below that. If I take off the front bumper will I find some space there?

Cheers
Dylan
Old 08-11-2010, 10:24 PM   #2
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Sorry but all I can say is it needs to be mounted below the tank and with the pump body below the motor. Anywhere is a good spot. If you take off the front bumper there are areas in there. There are areas all over the place to mount those pumps just put it in your hand and start trying to place it somewhere. The bumper is easy to remove just be careful with the trim...

Seems I always check the board right after you post...Spooky...
Quote:
Originally Posted by denglish318ti View Post
Hi, I am having trouble finding a place to put my ShurFlo pump for my meth injection system. I am using the windscreen washer tank as the resevoir so it really needs to be below that. If I take off the front bumper will I find some space there?

Cheers
Dylan
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:25 AM   #3
denglish318ti

Spooky, but useful for me!
I will get the bumber off, thinking I can mount it to the front bash plate which is below the washer tank.

Final problem is where to mount the jet? I am still using the RRFPR so I cant use the hole on the rubber elbow. Also I think it wants to be as far back from the supercharger as possible, but after the flow sensor right?

Can I tap a small hole at the far end of the flow sensor so that it sprays after the sensor, just inside the housing? (like on this pic)

And I want the non return valve as close to the nozzle as possible right?

Cheers for your help guys, not many people in the UK use meth injection!
Old 08-12-2010, 09:05 PM   #4
xxxJohnBoyxxx

I would not do it there becasue mist might spray on the Hot Film Meter and ruin it. I put a hole in the rubber boot behind the MAF sensor and used meth resistant sealant to hold it there. Now I tap 1/8-27 pipe in the aluminum anywhere before vacuum and screw in the jet, so before the throttle body butterfly's where there is no vacuum. You can tap into the TB side before the butterfly's with no vacuum or if you want tap anywhere after the TB in a aluminum area which will be vacuum then use a check valve so the vacuum does not pull Meth out of your lines.

The easy way is just put it in the rubber boot after the MAF...No Vacuum. Drill a hole, screw in the jet and goop with Meth resistant glue worked great for years for me. Also I did it on the bottom of the boot so it was hidden and right before the TB so it went straight into the TB.

I like to hide everything so if someone is looking at my engine they can't tell I'm running Meth or anything to increase boost
Old 08-13-2010, 01:29 PM   #5
denglish318ti

Cheers John, having trouble finding meth resistant sealant, do I have used a bit of plastic tubing after the MAF and tapped a hole in there. The nozzle is probably 3 inches from the MAF so should be ok.

You might be able to hide a meth nozzle, but I think your dirty great turbo gives the game away!
Old 08-14-2010, 03:03 AM   #6
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by denglish318ti View Post
Cheers John, having trouble finding meth resistant sealant, do I have used a bit of plastic tubing after the MAF and tapped a hole in there. The nozzle is probably 3 inches from the MAF so should be ok.

You might be able to hide a meth nozzle, but I think your dirty great turbo gives the game away!
Product called Goop is what you need, dark blue or purple tube at auto parts store is Meth resistant. If you don't have it where you live let me know and I will send you a tube, but it's real common so I'm sure they sell it over there. Good luck with the spray, that comes out at 150psi so it's like a fog, try to amgle it away from the HFM so it doesn't hit it.

Best, John S
Old 08-27-2010, 09:19 AM   #7
denglish318ti

Cheers John, couldn't find goop in the UK, product of the same name is inner tube repair stuff here! I did find some black stuff that is holding it in place, and I am only running water at the moment so should be ok. I got it all up and running and have sorted a few leeks. Was a really nice fog when I tested it. Not really noticed any effects, but it is not tuned for it. Charger feels a lot cooler though. Will get some pics up later, it is not pretty, but seems effective!
Old 08-29-2010, 10:51 PM   #8
xxxJohnBoyxxx

I noticed a nice cool charger with my Meth kit when I ran the DASC. After I started boosting bug on the DASC the Meth was needed or it would detonate. It does help cool the charge and when you add meth it adds octane. The Goop is a lot like tire repair glue so I bet you will be just fine.

Best, John S