318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 997,864 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 06-18-2008, 02:39 PM   #1
ConMasta

Default Cleaning the car in a bad neighborhood...

One day I went out to my car to go to work and I saw ketchup, what looked like mayonaise, and pieces of eggshells strewn about my passenger headlight area, and around the bumper and hood in the general vicinity. Kind of like someone ate a hamburger, didnt like it, and threw it from his 2nd story apartment onto my car. And then egged it.

Ok... so a day later, the mayo turns into sort of a rubber cement consistency. A 5 dollar car wash (costs 8 dollars now) did absolutely nothing, and its still sticky. Its also not white anymore, it turned a yellowish clear color

Anyone have ideas on what this is and how to get rid of it? I guess Ill post a pic later when I get home or something. Or not because its pretty gross.

-Conan
ConMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:31 PM   #2
lkwd318ti

Have you tried clay bar?
Now Featuring:318ti.org sticker Now featuring: Hartge exhaust|Blacked out Grilles|Front Clear Corners or Ambers depending on how I feel|325is vented front brakes|Bilstein Sports|H&R Sports|E46 RSMs w/ Z3 reinforcment plates|16" Style 45s|17" E46 M68 rims|18" Authentic Hartge Classics C|OEM M135 ZHP wheels
and
99 Titan Silver 323is Dinan S1+few more mods
Coming sometime in the future:...SCed 2.1...new (to me) car mod maybe?...all in one car
lkwd318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:39 PM   #3
naustin

I had someone throw a package of raw chicken at my car when i used to live in a bad neighborhood. I had no discoloration, but i had to scrub it very very hard. Hope you get it out

FB
naustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:42 PM   #4
blndweasel

mayonnaise consists of egg yolk, sometimes eggwhites (that's the worst part, it's like glue when it dries), lots of oil, and a little bit of vinegar.

vinegar is your best bet to re-suspend the solution and hopefully it will dissolve right off.

Vinegar can also be used to treat hard-water stains, and is often referred to as an "acid bath" by fancy detailing shops that will charge $40 for it.

after you suspend the solution and rinse it off, give it a good polish and wax.

good luck!

1/1997 M44 ti M-Sport Schwartz II
blndweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:56 PM   #5
tiFreak

Vehicles

you really should have cleaned it off as soon as you noticed it, good luck getting it off, post your story here: http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22478, we're doing it too help out a member with a court case
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:06 PM   #6
ConMasta

How is an online forum going to help with a court case?? I am really curious and would like to know more....

And raw chicken???? I think thats worse than ketchup and mayo haha

-Conan
Old 06-18-2008, 10:09 PM   #7
tiFreak

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConMasta View Post
How is an online forum going to help with a court case?? I am really curious and would like to know more....
not sure exactly, it's the guys wife who's doing it, we're just trying to help out however we can, I might be able to answer the question if I knew what happened but apparently posting about it in a public forum could hurt his case, we prolly won't find out until the end of summer
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:41 PM   #8
elchicano

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiFreak View Post
not sure exactly, it's the guys wife who's doing it, we're just trying to help out however we can, I might be able to answer the question if I knew what happened but apparently posting about it in a public forum could hurt his case, we prolly won't find out until the end of summer
Lets just say it could help out his case. But yeah he'll let us know for sure when its over. But yea i don't live in the best neighborhood myself, I have eggs thrown at my car once but i was able to rinse if off. I would try the vineger idea if i was you.

318ti.org on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
elchicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:48 AM   #9
aceyx

Add in a 50/50 ratio, white vinegar to hot water. Dunk a towel in the mixture, then set the towel on the spot for ~10 minutes. This should soften it up enough to remove it.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:50 AM   #10
Marv17

Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
I had someone throw a package of raw chicken at my car when i used to live in a bad neighborhood. I had no discoloration, but i had to scrub it very very hard. Hope you get it out
im sry for this... but LMAO , not at you but at the fact that someone actually threw a chicken at someone's car. i mean. come on. WTF, who does that?? lol.... stupid ppl in the world. and i could've deep fried that chicken instead of it being wasted. lol. hope you dont think i was laughing at you btw, just cracking up at the fact it was done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blndweasel View Post
mayonnaise consists of egg yolk, sometimes eggwhites (that's the worst part, it's like glue when it dries), lots of oil, and a little bit of vinegar.

vinegar is your best bet to re-suspend the solution and hopefully it will dissolve right off.

Vinegar can also be used to treat hard-water stains, and is often referred to as an "acid bath" by fancy detailing shops that will charge $40 for it.

after you suspend the solution and rinse it off, give it a good polish and wax.

good luck!
wow. never knew that would work. good thing to know about, just in case.

-Theta Chi-
Float like a cadilac, sting like a BIMMER

.... my socket is just too thick and won't fit in the hole! damnit!

Marv's 332ti is in the werks. Stay tuned ya'll ...

Check list: S52 swap, manual transmission swap, 3.25 LSD with M Coupe diff cover, SuperSprint muffler, M3 style mirrors, AFE intake, ASC delete, M50 Manifold swap, UUC strut bar, ZHP lighted knob, Vaders, M-tech interior, OEM armrest, AC Schintzer front lip, AC Schnitzer rear spoiler, Roof spoiler, 18'' rims, M3 front drilled brakes, LED interior lights, 3 spoke Euro style steering wheel, OEM roof spoiler and bike holder, Thule fairing, Euro tail lights, oil pressure guage, carbon fiber hood painted to original paint (still showing CF weaving), what's next to do...?
Marv17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:32 AM   #11
Moose

damn. people are so cruel. If you could only catch them in the act....
I'd rather have them throw a Big Mac at me instead of the ride. Luckily I have a garage and it's a super remote area. We got bears, coyotes and the neighbors big ass nasty dog down the street. If a squirrel sh*ts he barks his ass off.

This makes me want to keep a small detail kit in the trunk in case. I also bought a cheep K Mart car cover awhile back for my Subaru for 30 bux. I throw it on when I'm in the city or any other place where there are a lot of asshats hangin out
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:40 AM   #12
aceyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv17 View Post
im sry for this... but LMAO , not at you but at the fact that someone actually threw a chicken at someone's car. i mean. come on. WTF, who does that?? lol.... stupid ppl in the world. and i could've deep fried that chicken instead of it being wasted. lol. hope you dont think i was laughing at you btw, just cracking up at the fact it was done.
I've put fried chicken in a water balloon launcher aimed at another ski chalet. It started with busting on some kid relieving himself through the railing and escalated quickly.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:50 AM   #13
lkwd318ti

Going OT...
On topic-->If you use vinegar make sure you don't leave it on there for too long...
Have you tried doing any of the methods we suggested yet?

-Randy
Now Featuring:318ti.org sticker Now featuring: Hartge exhaust|Blacked out Grilles|Front Clear Corners or Ambers depending on how I feel|325is vented front brakes|Bilstein Sports|H&R Sports|E46 RSMs w/ Z3 reinforcment plates|16" Style 45s|17" E46 M68 rims|18" Authentic Hartge Classics C|OEM M135 ZHP wheels
and
99 Titan Silver 323is Dinan S1+few more mods
Coming sometime in the future:...SCed 2.1...new (to me) car mod maybe?...all in one car
lkwd318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:49 PM   #14
ConMasta

Yes actually I tried the vinegar method. It worked like a charm on the flat horizontal areas where I could sort of soak it for a little bit... so the top of the bumper is nice and clean. However, the headlight... no good. The metal noseplate also still has gunk on it but its much less noticeable. Also the tow hook plastic cover has all that gunk stuffed in the cracks now

I took before and after pics... not sure if people wanna see it though.

Anyone got a set of Depo's you wanna sell?

-Conan
Old 06-20-2008, 02:56 PM   #15
thesk8nmidget

you can pop that plastic piece right off super easily
Current- 1995 318ti, sport model, schwartz
thesk8nmidget is offline   Reply With Quote