318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Interior and ICE

Notices

Interior and ICE For all interior and In Car Entertainment discussion.

» Recent Threads
looove
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
Last post by RichardBug
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
0 Replies, 1,480 Views
Brakes - soft pedal and...
04-14-2024 01:02 PM
Last post by bcp
04-14-2024 01:09 PM
1 Replies, 2,358 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 05-16-2005, 03:06 PM   #1
Three_eighteenTiGuy

Question Which seats WILL fit Ti's?????

Im upgrading from cloth to Leather seats; however, Ive heard several different things. Some say all E36 seats are interchangeable regardless of number of doors, etc. (except conv.) Will the sedan seats fit Ti's? I understand there is no "tilt forward" on the sedan seats..but no one sits in the back of the car. It seems that the front seats will bolt in fine, regardless..coupe or sedan, but what about the rear???? Any help would be appreciated.
thanks guys
Three_eighteenTiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 03:09 PM   #2
GDB

Your info of front seats is correct. Only exception are the Z3 seats which sit lower. I'm not sure but I believe the rear seats are ti specific and that you can't swap between other seats.
Member #1 Keep E46 Bumpers off E36s Club
http://www.geocities.com/guywiththebluecar/GDBsig2.bmp
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 05:37 PM   #3
bluebastion

GDB is correct on the rear seats... only TI specific... I wish Black Leather M3 (with tricolors) could fit back there but they are different dimensions... also heard that trying to swap out skins is next to impossible.

As for the Z3 seats, I have read they can bolt in, but like GDB said they sit lower.
bluebastion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 06:07 PM   #4
Three_eighteenTiGuy

Im really starting to get annoyed with this thing . so there is no way to make e36 coupe rear seats fit?? no way to adjust??? or make mods??? SHOULDA GOT THE GTI!!!!!!!! (just kidding) well, then is anyone selling grey leather rear seats??? If anyone has made the coupe seats work, let me know what mods need to be done. THANKS to the guys that replied!
justin
Old 05-16-2005, 08:29 PM   #5
stormos

one company name springs to mind that could do it. "Carisma Automotive"
stormos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 07:09 PM   #6
96cali

I've been through this. Bottom line is that the rear seat from a coupe requires so many mods it's nuts to do. You're better off buying new covers and having them make M stripes or embroider what you want. Front seats from from an e36 sedan will fit but IMO it's worth waiting for some from a coupe to get the flip option. Bigger challenge is getting sport seats that are manual since running power to them is tough also. What really stopped me was the glued in cloth panels in the door. In the end the quickest way to get into leather is to just have a pro do it all. It will look fab and you get to pick what you want.

96cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 07:51 PM   #7
Three_eighteenTiGuy

Thanks 96Cali, I appreciate the help. I think Im going to have to go ahead and re-cover the seats. But to have it installed, etc....they were giving me prices anywhere from 1100.00 to 2500.00; however, The install looks tough, but not impossible....Ive been told by the companies that sell the kits, that I could do the install..no problem, its the TIME that gets everyone..they said to expect dedicating every hour of an entire weekend to it....cuz 1100.00 on a college student's budget..just wont work. haha! But htanks to all that replied and for the help, and if anyone has doen the re-covering themselves, maybe drop me a line and let me know what Im getting myself into. Thanks again guys
justin
Old 05-31-2005, 03:51 AM   #8
twomato

Default Good price for manual, leather, vadars from M3 ?

What is the going rate for a front set of manual M3 vadars/black leather ?
twomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 05:01 PM   #9
Silver00spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by twomato
What is the going rate for a front set of manual M3 vadars/black leather ?
$500-$900
Silver00spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 04:13 PM   #10
Stomp

Default I've re-skinned seats before....

Hey, I have reskinned seats before. Never on a Bimmer, but a seat, is a seat, is a seat (right?). The ones I have done were pretty challenging. YES, it will tak emost of a weekend to complete. You will need (at the very least): PATIENCE, proper tooling, instructions, and perhaps an extra set of hands. If converting to leather. Try to do it on a hot sunny day. Lay your skinns out in the driveway while you remove one of the old skins. The heat will loosen the leather, and make it much easier to install. Plus, once it cools down, it seems to have a nice tight fit.

Patience, patience, patience is the key to doing ANY interior work!
Good luck!

(I am in search of a driver seat for a 95 TI. Dove Grey cloth.)

~Stomp~
Stomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 09:24 PM   #11
Three_eighteenTiGuy

My whole interior is dove grey, including seats....If i could find black or grey leather, Id be willing to sell you the driver seat, set, etc..for CHEAP...maybe if you know anyone selling leather for a TI, we could arrange something.....and thanks for the advice on the seats..Im not giving up on finding a used set of seats just yet, but its looking worse and worse everyday....NO luck.....take care.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:01 PM   #12
Stomp

I haven't seen any black leather interior in a while. Check around on Ebay.
If you do decide to sell your interior, I am most certainly interested in both of the front seats!!!
~Stomp~
Stomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 06:36 AM   #13
Three_eighteenTiGuy

stomp
you'll be the first to know when Im ready to sell, in the meantime if you happen to see any leather sets out there, let me know..maybe you could check some salvage yards out that way for me...who knows, at this point, I just want leather in the car..haha, thanks for the help take care.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:38 PM   #14
L84THSKY

Default Trying to remove the back cushion on my Vaders

Anyone know how to get the damn back cushion off? I am in the process of cleaning and dying the seats. The drivers side shows more wear than the passenger, so I am swapping the seat and back leather cushions. I was able to get the seat cushions off, but the back is a bitch

I was told to remove the handle that tilts the seat for the rear seats. I mangled the handle and was unsuccessful. Maybe if I clean and dye the seats, i won't mind so much, but I sure would like to get them off.

The handle I am referring to is part# 12 in the first pic.

In the second pic part# 3 is the cushion I am trying to remove.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote