318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 987,069 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 02-03-2007, 11:33 AM   #1
pdxmotorhead

Default Got my car out of the body shop today.

Couple weeks back my wife was at the mall and a guy backed in to the side of our TI... Hit between the door and rear wheel well. dent about 1" deep and about 1' in diameter, knocked the molding off...

Well he took responsibility for it which was cool, but his insurance company was Progressive. What a pain they were to deal with ,,, they
pissed me off within the first 5 minutes of the first phonecall.

After messing with me over shop choice, (they told my wife to bring the car by for an estimate then tried to strongarm her into leaving it taking a rental and "don't worry we only use good shops..." I told the adjuster that I wouldn't accept any shop that wasn't certified by BMW for repairs. <evil grin> and took it in to Kuni BMW in Beaverton Oregon (Suburb of Portland) Took about 2 weeks because of the weather but they did very nice work, the car looks great. Ended up painting the whole quarter panel to make the clear coat look right. Car is black and you can't see a ripple in it... almost 2000 to fix it, glad it was their money!!

Oh well thought I share...

Dave
pdxmotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:00 PM   #2
318iS

great

good for you... insurance companys are evil (especially here) and anything you can get out of them is good deed in the eyes of God...
infact if i know my Bible as well as i think i do.... it says "thou shall rip of the insurance companys as in the eyes of our holy father it is equal to feeding 30 starving children" or something along those lines....
318iS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:25 PM   #3
96cali

God drives a BMW. Not many people know that.

96cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:53 PM   #4
mohaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxmotorhead View Post
After messing with me over shop choice, (they told my wife to bring the car by for an estimate then tried to strongarm her into leaving it taking a rental and "don't worry we only use good shops..."
Yeah.. Their concierge service sucks!!! I was driving in downtown Orlando a few years ago in an Integra GSR that I had.. It was in mint condition, great car.. Anyways, some idiot side swiped me and took off. I had progressive at the time and did their concierge service.. I refused delivery of the car 4 seperate times. My father is a sheet metal mechanic so he told me all of the little things to look for and to nit pick them over. You could see where they had not removed the rubber trim and just taped the rain gutters. So the paint was bubbled up in the gutters. They actually had one body panel that was perfectly straight when it should have had a kink in it to match the other body panels... It was a nightmare... Just for that reason I don't think I will ever try to fix a car if it has a certain amount of damage to it. The door on that car never lined up right again. I ended up selling it about two weeks after I got it back.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote