IHOP 10 43.48%
COUNT ME IN, ILL BE THERE!! 13 56.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 07-01-2007, 05:56 AM   #301
lazoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintse36 View Post
hey steve why did u banned Hugo for he didnt do anything wrong if you want to banned people y dont you banned me also man? Whats up with all we are here for is share are kowlege about our cars and get to know one each other. So are you going to banned becuase i belong to a differnt forums also or we can only belong to one forums PM if you want L8tz
I do not agree on the fact that HuGo was banned! Steve, I know the reason and I truly beleive that if you are called names you also have the right to call names back. In any case I beleive that there was no harm done, and please respond to this tread and do not send me a PM on this. We ALL deserve to know what's going on (even though I know), I beleive that is the true reason why you created the forums, right??? Discuss issues, talk about our love, our passion, the great 318ti. We all can get a bit hot from time to time, we are human right? but shutting someone up for speaking his mind? Please Steve reconsider your decision and please share with us who is complaining, that way HuGo can change his way or keep to himself when these individuals post something. We finally get something going here (SoCal meet) and this can really hurt the 9 to 10 memebers that meet. Please let us know and we appreciate what you do for this site!!

lazoh
Old 07-01-2007, 06:34 AM   #302
Mothman

Vehicles

Let me know when you work on your car, I want to come watch and learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazoh View Post
Well, I have to change my brothers shocks and you have things to do 'til 3. How about we play it by ear and see how the day progresses. Call me when you're free and please!!!!! whoever else want to joins us to do something let us know.

By the way HuGo you wish you had any of my cars!!!

Mothman

[SIGPIC]
Old 07-01-2007, 06:40 AM   #303
lazoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothman View Post
Let me know when you work on your car, I want to come watch and learn.
Ok bro, I will keep you posted on my next fix. The car is getting painted and I should have it back by next week and I sould have it avaialble for the next meet (that is of course if we have it since our organizer HuGo was banned). I truly hope that we can make the next meet!!!!
Old 07-01-2007, 07:47 AM   #304
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

That's it, I'm selling my Ti J/K
Look guy's, Hugo and I started off at eachother's throats and look where we're at now! I remember a few months back we had a run in and it got pretty nasty. I'm almost ashamed at how immature I was being despite how immature he was being also. And then all of a sudden, he PM's me and I got to say I was amazed at what he had to say. Hugo of all people, made me realize that I was being an a$sh0le by being the "bigger man" and offering his alliance.

Hugo has a reputation here for being a little short tempered and immature, but what people need to realize is that he's young and he's sincerely trying to change. He's actually came a long way, which is obvious if you read some of his earlier posts.

Anyway, I know that not everyone in here is capable of forgiving him and getting along with him. However, EVERYONE is capable of accepting him for who he is and if that doesn't seem reasonable, then you could simply use the "ignore" button and you'll never see another one of his posts.

He has put forth a great deal of effort and it's because of him and only him that the ENTIRE Southern California community has come together and these meets are even possible.

Hugo said and I'm not sure of the whole story, that the forum has lost members because of him being rude. Which brings me to announce that I've referred the site to a couple of friends/fellow Ti owners and I'd like to give a warm welcome to our newest member, Cara Bowen I sold her my '97 Avus Blue 318ti a few weeks before I bought my '97 SchwarzII Ti. She'll more than likely be attending our Socal Meets as she loves with the Ti as much as we all do The other member is Nick and IIRC, he's already a member here but he hasn't been very active. I sold Nick my original style 18 wheels that came on my car before I got the style 42's. He'll also most likely attend the meet. Look forward to seeing his Boston Green Ti on the 14th.

Back to Hugo aka "1996bmw318ti", one thing that I know for CERTAIN about my friend Hugo is that he's genuine. He's trying hard to become a leader and part of being a leader is being a role model and a mentor. Another part of being a leader is having respect for other people and especially authority. There's plenty of leaders here on this forum, but there's only one with Superior Authority and that's Steven.

We've all made mistakes and used bad judgement more than once in our lives. Hugo has been given many breaks and considerations in his many years as a Senior Member of 318ti.org and it's asking a great deal to keep him around, but IMHO I think this forum needs someone like Hugo.

I'm not going to start a poll or anything and as a matter of fact, this is the only time I'm going to ask and I'd like the subject of Hugo being banned to end right here. After this post, nobody should mention this topic again in respect to the site and to the site owner. Steven, from one leader to another, please reconsider your decision regarding our friend Hugo. He's demonstrated improvement and initiative, not only in his personal accomplishments with his vehicle, but in his attitude on the forum as well as in real life. He plays an essential role in organizing the "not so local" meets and as a suggestion/favor, perhaps you could let him returned with restricted access to the "California Regional Forum" as a form of probation until matters are resolved or whenever you feel comfortable.

As I mentioned before this is the only time I'll ask this favor and I discourage any type of protest from other members including comments on this topic. Ultimately it's Steven's decision and ruling and we all should respect that to say the least. If Steven rules nay, then Hugo will be missed and we'll just have to report to this link for the SocalTiMeets. Just my 2000 cents. TIA for everyones cooperation!
Sincerely,

Jesse
Old 07-01-2007, 07:57 AM   #305
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

The meet will still happen, nothing has changed. 12:00pm, July 14th @ IHOP 2227 N. Figueroa St. Los Angeles, CA 90065. BE THERE!
Old 07-01-2007, 09:09 AM   #306
Mothman

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
That's it, I'm selling my Ti J/K )Sincerely,

Jesse
I was not going to put your entire quote that would be silly! But great job!

Hugo will be missed, think about it when he post something there is a reaction and the whole site gets A LOT OF HITS. (Meaning that people log on to see what will happen or what has been posted, you know it is like that accident on the road everyone wants to see it.) Just the SoCal post has more than 6k views. That averages out to over 80+ hits a day on ONE tread.

Kind of like opening up AOL and that trill you get when you hear, "You’ve got mail!" Hugo really got many people excited again here; he even got 20 people here talking about meeting up and then set the whole thing up.

Now, and really honestly regardless if Hugo is allowed to come back here or not, the people that did show up will show up again (I will try to bring another Ti drive to come as well) and the SoCal Meet will just get bigger and bigger from here on out. Why, because Hugo enjoys his car and enjoys drivers who drive Ti's.

If you read Hugo's reply post and take any of it serious, well, the real issue is not with Hugo, it is the image in a mirror looking back at you. 90% of the time he is joking and states in a few that he is playing around, but because someone had a bad day at work or home, or maybe just maybe someone my feel like their glory is being stolen and no one wants that. So they complained to admin.

Hugo has not singled out any group of people here. Nor have I seen any of his post when he states that he (not his car) he is better than anyone else here. An example of saying your better than someone here would be hummm... I don't know Oh like the whole zpoints thing. Heck the reason why I didn't sign up for zoints was because someone had posted the following: "So, it looks like only the cool people are on Zoints? Cool!!"
site: http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthrea...t=12242&page=2

Is this person implying that everyone else who did not sign up is not cool? That would be like me saying all network voice engineers are bad at sports? The two have no correlation what so ever. My opinion zoints is just another myspace wanta be site and I would rather spend my time here viewing, posting messages, and getting or giving someone help.

I don't know why Hugo was banned, I am assuming it's because he posted something. If Hugo was warned to stop, and or was given a warning to lighten up and did not; then sure he didn't listen and should be banned. On the other hand if Hugo just got banned, then it would be interesting to know why other members didn’t get banned for an even more aggressive attack on individual’s intellect. At least Hugo caused one to say, hummm…. that’s true I didn’t think of that. Other users just post statements as matter of fact, example calling someone, “F’ing immature.” This person is just speaking their mine, and I remember reading in forms rules something about not being hateful.

After all Hugo just speaks his mine in his post; certainly I thought that's what forums allowed you to do, share whats on your mind.

My two coins,
Mothman

Never saw a post where Hugo viloated: you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

Mothman

[SIGPIC]
Old 07-01-2007, 09:10 AM   #307
jaimito79

Hope you don't mind me saying something about the subject of Hugo, but I'd have to agree with Cooljess76. I know I'm knew to the forum and all, but so far it's been great to be a part of this community. I've read other forums and I'm not going to mention which ones, but all that I've witness is talking smack about this and that. Yeah, Hugo can be a little imature sometimes. Believe me, when I first coming across his posts, I wanted to slap him silly. Once I actually met him, he was totally different from what I had in mind. He's a cool dude. He's maturing, and is extremely excited about the meets. You can tell he wants to help, but maybe he doesn't know how to say thing without offending. He's trying. If it wasn't for him, the first Socal meet would not have existed. Steve I think, and its just my opinion, we as a community can forgive someone for messing up. I don't know the extent of what was said, but of course the decision is yours. I know you've got do what you think is best. Hopefully things can be put aside and you can let him back on. He's a young pup with a passion for the TI.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:25 PM   #308
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimito79 View Post
I know you've got do what you think is best. Hopefully things can be put aside and you can let him back on. He's a young pup with a passion for the TI.
I feel I am doing what is best for the site as a whole.
As I said in a PM to some of you, I can appreciate what he is doing to rally SoCal folks together.
But at the same time he can't continue to drive others away.

Edit: I would suggest starting a new topic since the poll was for June and has past.
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
Closed Thread