318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Regional Forums > United States > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains - US

Notices

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains - US General discussion and questions in CO, IA, KS, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, WY.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
Yesterday 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 947,203 Views
looove
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
Last post by RichardBug
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
0 Replies, 1,646 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 04-18-2009, 04:42 AM   #1
Borg561

Default Looking to visit Denver again

So, as I mentioned in Cindy's thread about getting Zippy back, I want to come out and visit you guys and gal(s) again. I was originally thinking late-August or early-September, but now the end of September is looking attractive (the Great American Beer Festival is in Denver from 9/24 - 9/26).

Pretty much any time from August 24th on works though, minus the week of Labor Day. I need at least one day to drive out there and one day to drive back, and we need a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday to visit Sean. Other than that, I need some time to get out to Stranahan's again (unless one of you guys would be willing to pick something up for me, I'll send the money; I need to e-mail Jake & Jess about this) and I'd like to get up to the Odell brewery in Fort Collins. How soon before you underage guys are old enough to legally drink?

Other than that, I don't really know of much else to do besides taking a drive or two out into the mountains. What would you guys recommend/plan?

I know everybody has different schedules, but what days work out best for you guys? Midweek, weekends, specific dates? Also, when do you guys normally throw your winter tires on? I'd like to get out there before having to do that.

Oh, and is Eric still around or just really busy. Haven't really seen much from him lately. Figure when I do make it out there I'll probably/hopefully be crashing at his house again.

Justin
Borg561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:25 AM   #2
Borg561

Double posting, but I didn't feel like editing.

Clarification. The calendar at work is open from the end of August onward. Doesn't guarantee I can get the time off, but the sooner I have a firm date the better.

I looked at the CDoC link you provided Cindy. Looks like they recommend requesting a special visit if you'll only visit 1-2 a year. Which facility is he at? For public ones they say to request a special visit app from the facility, for private ones, I've downloaded the app, but they want a date/time requested, so we'll want to iron that out first. They also want name (I know his first name at least), DOC#, etc, but I can get that through PM/e-mail/phone once the basic trip details are planned.

Justin
Old 04-18-2009, 05:58 AM   #3
milehigh96caliti

Hey Justin...His DOC# is 115004. It's also on the inmate locator here:

https://exdoc.state.co.us/inmate_loc...rch_splash.php

He is at Buena Vista - here's the link to their page;

https://exdoc.state.co.us/secure/com...ilities/view/2

I'm good any weekend with enough notice except October when my son is getting married in Texas. Eric is still around just really busy. He went with me to see Sean last weekend. You can prolly crash at his place but he's getting married this summer... Oops that might be a secret!

Dave is 21 now...I don't know about Clay...I must have had to work last year when you were here... Or putting in OT!

Anyway I'm game for whenever you get here...can you just see a caravan of ti's parking in the prison parking lot?

http://hubpages.com/health/Enablers-...t-Away-With-It

1996 California Edition - SOLD
Modded by cali-ti
2012 e92 335is Twin Turbo convertible w/M package
2002 e46 330cic Sport w/cold weather package STOCK - SOLD

milehigh96caliti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:01 AM   #4
milehigh96caliti

Oh yeah he's the first sean that comes up when you do a first name search...

Modded by cali-ti

Old 04-19-2009, 12:17 AM   #5
milehigh96caliti

Justin...fill out the normal visitor app and send it in. The Special Visit App is limited to the private prisons. Sean's in a state facility so you just do the normal one. What can I say...the privates are weird...

Modded by cali-ti

Old 04-19-2009, 11:59 PM   #6
elchicano

I'll be 21 on the 26th! So i could go this time, clay is over 21 so he should be good. Keep me updated on this as i would really want to go this time.

318ti.org on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
elchicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:36 AM   #7
milehigh96caliti

We'll have fun...there's a 3 adult limit for visitors at the prison but I'll call and see if we can make an exception or something....then I guess it really would be a "special" visit! I went today and even with 3 feet of snow in Conifer the roads were dry and it was an awesome drive...the mountains were gorgeous today.

Modded by cali-ti

Old 04-21-2009, 07:06 PM   #8
Borg561

Have either of you talked with Eric recently or pointed him this way? With him getting married this summer I'd hate to plan on visiting the same time he'll be on his honeymoon. And as far as where to stay, heck, give me a driveway and a bush and I'll sleep in my car. Wouldn't be the first time.

Justin
Old 04-21-2009, 08:37 PM   #9
milehigh96caliti

I'll email the link to him. If you can't stay with him, you can stay with me. I have enough room and it's no problem. He's going to help me move on Sunday and I'm taking Zippy up there so he can fix his motor so he's around. He's in Chicago til Friday and then he'll be back.

Modded by cali-ti

Old 04-22-2009, 03:34 AM   #10
cali-ti
aka Stabby

I can't guarantee where I'll be or what I'll be doing. Getting married at the end of June, going to Malaysia for 2.5 weeks in July, have to go to Chicago for work for two weeks in August, and will be moving my fiancee/wife from NJ to CO in September or October (also will need to go to Chicago for work for two weeks in October). I'll do what I can and if I'm around you're welcome to stay.
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:09 AM   #11
Borg561

So does anyone have anything planned for the few days before Labor Day? As much as I don't want to be driving home Labor Day weekend, I've got something going on the week after and that last week of August would be tight, but still probably doable. Looking right now at coming out Sept. 2nd or 3rd, going out to see Sean Saturday (didn't realize it's as far of a drive as it is, but it looks like a nice drive), then probably driving home Sunday. I'd like to get out to at leas one of the breweries out there Avery is in Boulder, New Begium and Odell are about a mile apart in Fort Collins). It would be nice to take a drive though the mountains again (Lefthand Canyon Dr this time?). Break's over now, so I'll post more in he morning if I can think of anything else

Justin
Old 05-09-2009, 01:46 PM   #12
milehigh96caliti

I'm game for whatever...I don't know if that's my long weekend at work or not, but I'll go down for the drive and see Sean. It will be fun and it is beautiful going that way. You can tell everyone when you get home that you went to South Park.

Modded by cali-ti

Old 05-09-2009, 06:03 PM   #13
cali-ti
aka Stabby

Don't know that far out yet. May be taking advantage of the long weekend to move Sze Lin to CO, but don't know for sure.
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

Old 06-06-2009, 03:07 PM   #14
milehigh96caliti

Justin...did you get your visitor app sent in? Dave sent his in the other day...Eric and Sze Lin and Dave and I are going to see Sean on June 28th. I'll ask him today what I need to do for special visits for more people. I think it's ok as long as one or two are from out of state.

Modded by cali-ti

Old 06-06-2009, 03:28 PM   #15
cali-ti
aka Stabby

Things are still in flux for me. Sze Lin got laid off so her move out here may come sooner rather than later. The loosely coupled plan now is for me to fly to Chicago for work in August and then fly to NJ and then we drive the moving truck out to CO. I haven't yet booked my trip for August because she's going to be checking with some heating/plumbing companies about the refurb they're doing on the house. After that, she should have a better idea of when things will happen.