318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Induction

Notices

Induction Superchargers, NO2 and turbos.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by kupkake303
Yesterday 06:12 PM
211 Replies, 1,308,052 Views
1999 M3 Swap
09-07-2023 10:10 PM
Last post by buzzboy
05-02-2024 08:18 PM
6 Replies, 405,112 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 09-11-2009, 01:27 AM   #481
pnosker

Realign the door by loosening the hinges and playing around. It's easy to get them to align again.
pnosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:37 AM   #482
xxxJohnBoyxxx

No track visit, it rained. Dang
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:12 AM   #483
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Although I missed going to the track tonight I did have some fun bracket racing a Turbo Acura/90's Mustang 5.0 on the highway today.

Worked in Tampa and cut out around 1:30. Driving home on Howard Franklin bridge, wide open 4 lanes hardly any traffic and in the rear view I see a red Acura with carbon hood and intercooler coming up fast. Turn down the radio, A/c off, leave windows up, hit scramble button 2 times for 20psi and wait.

He comes up fast and slows right at my driver door at 60mph. As soon as I look over he punches it and I'm ready. 5th to 3rd and the boost hits real hard, I'm past him and shifting 4th watching him in my side view fall behind. I let off around 100 and start to slow down.

He pulls up like he is going for a "ricer fly-by" but slows fast and holds my pace at 60. This time I drop down to 15psi and roll down the window and give him the "go for it" hand signal. He takes off and I give him about 2 cars before I lay into it. 3rd I'm gaining on him and right next to his door and hit the limiter and bang 4th and pass him and let off immediately. We both slow to 60 and start yelling to each other what we have under the hood...

We are off the bridge now and still side by side and a 90's Mustang 5.0 pulls on my other side and gives the old engine rev. I look over and give him the "wait a minute" signal. Back to the Acura driver and give him the "1 more time" signal.

I'm in the middle of three lanes with the Acura on my left and Mustang on my right. Quick Gizzmo set to 20psi and down shift into 3rd, the Mustang jumps but slows and comes back in line. Finally I get us all lined up and honk 3 times, Mustang leaves on 2, Acura and I leave on 3. I dust the Acura quick and pass the Mustang after I shift into 4th, take her to about 120 and look back. Blahaha the Acura spanked that Mustang too.

Mustang turned off without even giving us a thumbs up or flipping us off "Dick head". Acura followed me until I got off my exit 15+ miles. Got a honk and thumbs up from him "cool"

I love Florida, everyone races down here

Since the turbo I have not been beat but I'm sure someone has my number and is stalking me. I wonder if I will share that butt kickin with the board.

Last edited by xxxJohnBoyxxx; 09-12-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #484
pnosker

I thought you had your license suspended... or can you drive for work related stuff?
pnosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #485
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

street racing = bad 4 biznezzz brah.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:47 PM   #486
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnosker View Post
I thought you had your license suspended... or can you drive for work related stuff?

Work, doctor, school, church
Old 09-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #487
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
street racing = bad 4 biznezzz brah.
Agreed. It's a major risk and not something I need to be doing with my current situaion. Thanks for the reality check.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:57 PM   #488
cooljess76

I must admit that I screw around once in a while, sometimes if the moment is right, it's hard to resist. My reality check is the fact that here in Cali, if they catch you street racing they can TAKE your car! No getting it back
Old 09-13-2009, 01:49 AM   #489
tiFreak

Vehicles

don't they crush it too?
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:56 AM   #490
cooljess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiFreak View Post
don't they crush it too?
yup
Old 09-13-2009, 02:09 AM   #491
tiFreak

Vehicles

Quote:
yup
that sucks, I'm guessing they must have a real problem if they have to get that harsh with the punishment though
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:28 AM   #492
yoda

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxJohnBoyxxx View Post
Although I missed going to the track tonight I did have some fun bracket racing a Turbo Acura/90's Mustang 5.0 on the highway today.

Worked in Tampa and cut out around 1:30. Driving home on Howard Franklin bridge, wide open 4 lanes hardly any traffic and in the rear view I see a red Acura with carbon hood and intercooler coming up fast. Turn down the radio, A/c off, leave windows up, hit scramble button 2 times for 20psi and wait.

He comes up fast and slows right at my driver door at 60mph. As soon as I look over he punches it and I'm ready. 5th to 3rd and the boost hits real hard, I'm past him and shifting 4th watching him in my side view fall behind. I let off around 100 and start to slow down.

He pulls up like he is going for a "ricer fly-by" but slows fast and holds my pace at 60. This time I drop down to 15psi and roll down the window and give him the "go for it" hand signal. He takes off and I give him about 2 cars before I lay into it. 3rd I'm gaining on him and right next to his door and hit the limiter and bang 4th and pass him and let off immediately. We both slow to 60 and start yelling to each other what we have under the hood...

We are off the bridge now and still side by side and a 90's Mustang 5.0 pulls on my other side and gives the old engine rev. I look over and give him the "wait a minute" signal. Back to the Acura driver and give him the "1 more time" signal.

I'm in the middle of three lanes with the Acura on my left and Mustang on my right. Quick Gizzmo set to 20psi and down shift into 3rd, the Mustang jumps but slows and comes back in line. Finally I get us all lined up and honk 3 times, Mustang leaves on 2, Acura and I leave on 3. I dust the Acura quick and pass the Mustang after I shift into 4th, take her to about 120 and look back. Blahaha the Acura spanked that Mustang too.

Mustang turned off without even giving us a thumbs up or flipping us off "Dick head". Acura followed me until I got off my exit 15+ miles. Got a honk and thumbs up from him "cool"

I love Florida, everyone races down here

Since the turbo I have not been beat but I'm sure someone has my number and is stalking me. I wonder if I will share that butt kickin with the board.
Man!... This brings back memories of Florida... I miss it big time!!!....
I had to race some fool EVERYDAY while I lived in Miami from late 98'-03' and in Orlando from 04'-05'... Got to California and all of it SEIZED!...
V1 on... doing about 110 coming from Santa Barbara to LA after a 20 hr day... light's behind me (CHP)... She "paced" me (not legal in Florida!), got the ticket and a 30 day suspension from the judge!... Lesson learned.
Florida is awesome!!!...

Custom JohnBoy Turbo, Midnight-Tunning Software, HKS BOV, e-Pod Gauge Pod, BavAuto Springs, Bilstein Sport, e30 3.73 LSD, Depo P36, Apexcone 55w HID, OEM Spoiler, M3 Lip, M3 Mesh Grill, Crossdrilled Rear Rotors, M3 Front Brakes, Sparco 3 point Harness, Euro M3 Wheel, K&N cone, Clear Corner/Sides/Tails, M3 Center Console & Arm-rest, M3 Red Cluster Needles, M3 Mirrors & Side Skirts, RD Exhaust, DS-1 wheels!...
yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:24 PM   #493
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiFreak View Post
don't they crush it too?
Nope down here it's 6 points on license for drag racing on public highway. I know from personal experience.

If they crushed like Cali I would never even consider doing it with this car

Last edited by xxxJohnBoyxxx; 09-13-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:40 PM   #494
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
I must admit that I screw around once in a while, sometimes if the moment is right, it's hard to resist. My reality check is the fact that here in Cali, if they catch you street racing they can TAKE your car! No getting it back

I pick and choose when I do it. We have roads here that police can't hang on to catch you plus it must be clear of innocient people/cars if I'm involved. Still they do have police that will try to race you in a hopped up car then you get pulled over down the road and your caught by a marked car and the hopped up car is a uniform officer..Doh

Still I'm out of this until I get all my trouble cleared. The last thing I need is a Drag Race PH ticket on a class C license. They will go full revoke for the remaining time and impound my car (boot the car in my driveway), most like violate my probation that I'm getting off on the 30th of this month.

Not worth it...like I said thanks for the reality check, some people (me included) just let their ballz controll their right foot
Old 09-13-2009, 01:08 PM   #495
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Not to dwell on this but I swore I would never street race again after what happened to Nick Bollea (Hogan). Yes I spoke with him, yes I looked over his car a few times, yes I watched him street race.

He was new to the scene and not a stuck-up brat, just a normal teenager looking for the rush of vitamin "G" and the people congradulating him after winning a race (same thing most of us look for). Problem was his parents let him keep driving that Supra after he already made some very bad decisions. Also the Supra was reported to be 700hp, sorry it was close to 1,000hp maybe even over 1,000 and you just don't let a kid drive that on the streets without a parent riding shotgun to keep him in check

Anyways enough about Nick, I swore I would not do it again and keep it to the track...Look at me now, seems that horrible memory has faded and I'm back to the risky behavior.

I'm 41 so how old before it get's out of my system???