318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Site Feedback

Notices

Site Feedback Suggestions about the website.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,020,934 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 07-01-2007, 03:04 PM   #1
saintse36

Default Why Get Banned

As most of us know Our buddy in Socal Hugo was Bannned recently Due to the Fact of some one has all the power to controla web site. Like i told him when i PM him arnit we able to speck our mind in this country. I know it a website and we use this forum to get knowlege about our cars and share our love about our car. I know Hugo for a little bit and we all have meet for a Socal meet which was mad by Hugo. My point is simple why bannned some one from a forum if you can't speck your mind... becuase if you can't speack you mind here then when can you speack you mind.Of course not on the street people take to the heart to much... Like we say "freedom of speach is not free in this country any more it comes with a price"

And that what i think Saintse36
If this thread get closed or locked either or that proves my point. And if said other-wise, text dosen't take up no spaceon a server i should know we run website and build them and i have gone to school for all of this computer stuff, also i a husky person my self and i dont mind people calling my husky there just words.

SAINTSE36
Old 07-01-2007, 03:15 PM   #2
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintse36 View Post
As most of us know Our buddy in Socal Hugo was Bannned recently Due to the Fact of some one has all the power to controla web site.
Totally uncalled for. When you pay the bills and take the responsibility for this site, then you can talk. When you ensure that the software is up-to-date, then you can talk.

I was going to work out a compromise but now I think I will change my mind.
Good going!
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
Old 07-01-2007, 03:24 PM   #3
dave45056

Why was he banned?
Old 07-01-2007, 03:32 PM   #4
saintse36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
Totally uncalled for. When you pay the bills and take the responsibility for this site, then you can talk. When you ensure that the software is up-to-date, then you can talk.

Good going!
Ok Steve if you want banned me go ahead but bring back Hugo. And by you saying "When you pay the bills and take the responsibility for this site, then you can talk. When you ensure that the software is up-to-date, then you can talk." That kinda unfair beacuse you have started a site supporter section that which indeed you charge what is $10 USD to become a site supporter, so by you saying that everyone who site supporter is kinda ownes the site as while right? That why I haven't support you site yet. I was going to have it done yesterday until i found out Hugo being banned. And by saying software up date i understand how it is but like i saud Steve go ahead and banned me but bring back Hugo.

Saintes36
Old 07-01-2007, 03:40 PM   #5
1996 328ti

Vehicles

It has nothing to do with site supporters.
Not that I owe you an explanation, I will anyway.
Hosting cost money.
vBulletin requires a yearly license.
PhotoPost photopost requires a yearly license.
To maintain the Cafepress store, requires a yearly fee.

With the money I collected I bought Peake scan tools for site supporters to borrow. Site supporters get more PMs and space in the photo gallery.
BMW CCA #146825
www.bmwcca.org
Old 07-01-2007, 03:54 PM   #6
saintse36

Steve i understand and i know whata website and forums cost we have had then runn for our company in the past and still strongly feel that it was a wrong disscion to banned him. And we apperate you hosting a web site for us to get our knowlege and share our input. Like i said before where can you speck you mind in this country for sure not in the work place not even on streets because some one will get affented by the little words that anyone can say. So Steve why not bring him back he's a good person and is learning still so bring him back and banned me we will do a trade me for him...
Old 07-01-2007, 04:21 PM   #7
lazoh

Steve,
As you can see some folks are really concernes about Hugo being banned, I met the guy personally and he is a top notch individual. Computers are funny man, I will never forget an incident at work, beleive it or not I got called into HR because of an e-mail I sent to another co-worker. As it turns out and when it was discussed the interpretation of the individual that turned me in was different from what I actually meant. Moral of the story is that you really cannot tell from text what a person is really meaning or saying.

Please re-consider and like I read on the tread that you close, put Hugo in some kind of probation. I really think that he is a very important part of not just the souther california people but to this site. Also look at ohter posts directed to him, people attack him and when you are attacked you tend to react. An example of this is what you just wrote to saintse36:

Good going!

See what I mean Steve??

Trust me, the more involve we get goin on this the more memeber you will get. Thanks for the support Steve and please let him back even on a limited basis.

lazoh
Old 07-01-2007, 04:32 PM   #8
lazoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave45056 View Post
Why was he banned?
From what we know, he called someone a name I don't dare to post it because I might get in trouble but I think is due to a persons size (which by the way, I'm ok with it because I might belong to that size range.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:48 PM   #9
marleymon

Hugo has a history on this forum that a lot of you newer members are not aware of. This is not his first go around on the 'licensed revoked' list. He has gotten better, But hey... looks like he's back on now. The boss must have offered a plea bargain.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:16 PM   #10
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Guys, these threads will only upset Steven even more than he already is. This forum is a vital part in advertising our monthly meets to future members and helping our community grow. Lets respect Steven's decision and leave it at that. I know Hugo will be missed here, but we have the other forum with him and the more people that sign up there, the better it will become. However, it's not right to direct people away from this forum by posting links to Hugo's forum. We should do that in person at the monthly meet. Please don't take this the wrong way, Hugo's a good friend of mine also and I want to help him get started with his forum, but this is not the place to do it.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:57 PM   #11
saintse36

ok guy hugo is back on and i am off good know ya talk to everyone someday signing out
Old 07-01-2007, 09:45 PM   #12
windnsea00

Darn, I thought we were doing a good job with taking the trash out.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:54 PM   #13
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
I know Hugo will be missed here
I think you're aware of this, but just in case you're not... Not everyone here shares that opinion.

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
Old 07-01-2007, 09:56 PM   #14
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by windnsea00 View Post
I am offering him limited access.
BMW CCA #146825
www.bmwcca.org
Old 07-01-2007, 10:19 PM   #15
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by windnsea00 View Post
Let's try not to provoke an argument. This is the first time I've ever seen you post here, though it's not your first and you've been a member for a while. Welcome back! I seen your car at Bimmerfest, it was really nice. Will you be able to make it to the meet on the 14th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrash View Post
I think you're aware of this, but just in case you're not... Not everyone here shares that opinion.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and yes, I am aware that some people don't get along with others. It's one thing to not like somebody for whatever reason, it's another thing to go out of your way to make them aware of it. I've came off with an abrasive attitude in some of my earlier posts and I'm sure I left a negative impression on quite a few people. Please forgive me if I offended anyone in the past, I'm hoping that we could put the past behind us.