318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,016,233 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 12-23-2006, 12:30 AM   #46
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.T. View Post
126 in a 40
fleeing & attempting to elude
reckless driving
driving w/out license

I had just moved to this country and forgot that I could no longer grease some palms and get away without any problems. Big mistake. I had several of Montgomery County’s finest chasing me and while I totally lost the guy who got me on radar, the other cars had set-up a road block on one of the side roads where I thought I could escape. You can outrun a car, but you can't outrun radio.

All in all, it cost me several hours at the Four Seasons on Seven Locks Rd. (handcuffed to a table like some criminal ), over $3k for tickets, bail and including lawyer’s fees, getting my bike out of the impound yard, plus a week of community service at a local church.
You couldnt outrun a cop on a bike? Dude you suck

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 03:19 AM   #47
theinfiniteface

Okay, I used to get in all kinds of trouble with my old Cadillac 82' coupe DeVille. That thing floated so it seemed like you were going slower than you really were. I got caught doing 88 in a 25. The cop let me off with a seatbelt violation. Got caught doing 98 in a 55. Only one ticket in the ti though. Within the first two weeks I had it, I got a 76 in a 55 or something like that on H1. There are so many motorcycle cops in Hawaii, it sucks! They just got a bunch of new import tuner cop cars too. You might think you are racing a decked out WRX STi, but really its just your friendly, neighborhood cop!
theinfiniteface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:37 AM   #48
pnosker

Last time (last summer) I was in Hawaii, in Honolulu I saw a bunch of Mustang GT cops. Maui, Kauai, and the Big island had no cool cop cars though, that I saw.
pnosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:27 PM   #49
upstatenybimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996Bmw318TI View Post
Good Driver Here...Here are the only tickets i have ever received.....

Didnt get a ticket but almost went to court for was for hitting someone in the head with my skateboard but was self defense (i was 13), Being late out (i was 15), (2) Exhaust fix it tickets, neon light fix it ticket, and one parking ticket after sleeping over a friends house.
just because you dont have any moving violation tickets doesnt mean your a "good driver". my grandmother hasnt had any tickets either and shes one of the worst drivers in the world (since, i believe ive seen worse on the roads)

i think donahue meant speeding tickets, not juvenile history.

http://www.myspace.com/absolutpercussion
upstatenybimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 05:30 PM   #50
Philly

108 in an 80 (KM/H)
I was doing more like 145 but saw the cop and managed to cut the speed down quite abit.

328Ti

Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:03 AM   #51
klohiq

I've "only" had a 96 in a 65, but I almost got two other tickets....

I passed a car at night on a back road, a cop in an SUV was behind me and I didn't even think it might be a cop. I accelerated to probably 85-90 in a 35 and then pulled back in. Saw the blues and pulled over...I guess his radar didn't work and he could only get me for pulling back in just barely after the passing zone so I got a double yellow violation.

Another time I was driving through a town that has a bunch of cops who are all hard asses. I was going the opposite direction of the cop and I saw him put his brakes on as I went around a corner. Immediately I downshifted and accelerated to 100+. Took the first right down a road I'd never been on, realized if I kept speeding I probably would lose control. Figured the cop didn't even have a chance at catching up so I slow down and pull into a driveway. A car was behind me, but it didn't really seem like they came up on me that quick so I assumed it wasn't the cop. A street light illuminated his light bar and I knew I was screwed. I decided to keep going down the driveway since he pulled in behind me. About 20 feet from the house the cop put his blues on and then proceeded to tell me he was going to arrest me for trespassing, impound my car, arrest me for evading him, etc etc. Then after like 20 minutes of sitting in my car he comes back and realizes he really can't prove I did anything wrong and since the house didn't have a no trespassing signs posted he can't he can't get me for trespassing. Gives me a verbal and I was on my way...thanked god for months after that...it could have been much much worse...
klohiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:43 PM   #52
jkilla71

Location: Ft Lauderdale, Fl moving to Eastern PA in May of 2007

I just got a speeding ticket for doing 88 mph in a 65-mph zone. I had just moved back to PA from Florida and drove through six states and the District of Columbia doing more than 90 mph most of the way. I unpacked my car at my temporary residence and headed to my parent’s house to say hello. I neglected to turn my radar detector on for the short 40 mile trip and it cost me $172. Just like on television the officer was hiding behind a road sign and before I could hit my brakes I was past him. He pulled me over and asked the standard question, Do you know why I pulled you over? I said, yes I forgot to turn my radar detector on. I got a giggle and then he said my brother graduated from Penn State too, due to my PSU magnet on my hatch. He said, just a minute and had gone back to his car. I actually thought for a second I might get off due to his comments and friendly demeanor. I should have known better because I always get the ticket when I get pulled over. He comes back and asks me to sign the ticket and send me off closing with slow it down.

I think the lesson learned is always keep my radar detector turned on.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:00 PM   #53
ATF

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkilla71 View Post
I think the lesson learned is always keep my radar detector turned on.
I wish it were the case around here. All the cops just got updated squad cars with GPS and Laser Speed Guns. And for the antiques that are still rolling around with radar guns, there are so many "school zone, your speed is blah blah", I-95 w/ cameras and radar equipment and those random radar trailers that tell you you're speeding on the backroads that the radar detector is about useless in my area.

BMWCCA #403399
2012 Mini Cooper S Clubman, 6-Speed
Loaded
2001 325xi, Winter Package, 5-Speed
Traded
1998 318ti, Active, Automatic, TOTAL LOSS R.I.P. 10/20/08
Bilstein Sport Shocks/Struts . H&R Sport Springs . Strut Reinforcement Plates . RSM Reinforcement Plates . Fogg Airbox . X-Brace . Bosal Brospeed Catback
ATF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:42 AM   #54
Kraln

I got nailed for 90 in a 65 zone, just recently. Showed up to court, plead innocent, got the officer to admit in cross that this radar gun covered the entire roadway (two lanes east and the two west lanes), got him to admit that the speed was probably bogus. Then the judge asked "What kind of car do you drive?". The next thing the judge said, was this: "BMW? I have no doubt that you were driving 90mph on the day in question".

$320 ticket. 2 points.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:07 AM   #55
jiggerjosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraln View Post
I got nailed for 90 in a 65 zone, just recently. Showed up to court, plead innocent, got the officer to admit in cross that this radar gun covered the entire roadway (two lanes east and the two west lanes), got him to admit that the speed was probably bogus. Then the judge asked "What kind of car do you drive?". The next thing the judge said, was this: "BMW? I have no doubt that you were driving 90mph on the day in question".

$320 ticket. 2 points.
But he must not know what a TI is. I mean common its only got four cyclinder how fast can it realyl go . Speaking of which i just paid my ticket for 93 in a 65 today. I got it in the company car too, thank god for Floridas state DMV. if you elect traffic school within 90 days of the ticket no points, no insurance hike and 30% off your fine..
jiggerjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:34 AM   #56
momorugger

well, I haven't recieved any tickets, only been pulled over 3 times.

1st: I was just exiting a 40 mph zone and entering a 35. Some loser cop was waiting for me just at the 35 sign, clocked me at 48, and pulled me over. well, since he was such a frikken A-hole, I decided to play with the poor man. I gave him 4 out of date registrations (keep all documentation) one at a time. He'd go back to his car, realize it was old and come back. I repeated the process w/ proof of insurance. I kept him there for about 45 mins. I just kept playing the "yes sir, sorry sir" game. It looks like I won.

2nd: I was leaving a friends house, supposed to home at 12, and it was 11:56. well, Friend lives in different city, so I knew I was late, but I don't like being too late. I get into the car, peel out, hit about 65 on a tiny little back road, and when I go to shift to 3rd the cop lights were in my rear view mirror. I had only been in the car for maybe 8 seconds by the time I was pulled over. He wrote me a ticket for (deep breath) reckless driving, exhibition of speed, speeding, attempted manslaughter, and noise violation. then he tore it in half.

3rd: It was raining, I was throwing the ti around, (still not speeding) and an officer pulled me over and said "it's wet, slow down" and left.

lucky me
momorugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:34 AM   #57
3DGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdonahue View Post
seeing 3DGE's thread about his ticket inspired me to ask...
what's the worst speeding ticket or violation youve ever received?
my first violation should have got me arrested and charged for reckless op, but since it was my first the officer charged me civily (sp?)
he clocked me at 104mph in a 50 = $590.
yes, i learned my lesson.

o you ****er! My ticket cost me 1200 and a court date!

I got another this year in the ford explorer; 79 in a 55, safety corridor; 350$
3DGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:52 AM   #58
Zacki

i have an insurance question? right now my insurance is 280 a month after a fender bender and no tickets. i got a speeding ticket, 94 in a 60 286 bucks. how much is my insurance going up? im 17.
I have money for mods if i want them, gas cause ill want to drive them, and honey's who will want to get in them
Zacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:51 PM   #59
Kraln

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggerjosh View Post
But he must not know what a TI is. I mean common its only got four cyclinder how fast can it realyl go . Speaking of which i just paid my ticket for 93 in a 65 today. I got it in the company car too, thank god for Floridas state DMV. if you elect traffic school within 90 days of the ticket no points, no insurance hike and 30% off your fine..
The way I replied was "a 12 year old four cylinder BMW, your honor".

Didn't help, all he heard was the BMW part.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:13 PM   #60
BleMW

i've gotten:

88 in a 65 (186$)
78 in a 65 (136$)
75 in a 65 (121$)

(all in southeast, virginia, which sucks)

a 71 in a 55
a 121 in a 45, which was dropped to Improper driving

and my personal favorite:

a 15 in a 45
failure to obey a stop sign

when the cop pulled me over, he asked if everything was ok.. and i said yeah.. and then he asked me why i was doing 30 under.. i guess suspicion of dui.. and i told him that i had a cramp in my leg, which was true, and that was also the reason i cruised through the stop sign like at 12..

he laughed, asked me to get out, and i almost fell, and then he laughed again

when i went to rub the front of it to wake it up a little, he said "you're fine.. when you are ready to drive again, make sure you remember it's a 45.."

i think he thought it was funny that it could happen like that to someone