318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,014,519 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 12-05-2006, 02:25 AM   #1
cdonahue

Default speeding tickets - whats your worst?

seeing 3DGE's thread about his ticket inspired me to ask...
what's the worst speeding ticket or violation youve ever received?
my first violation should have got me arrested and charged for reckless op, but since it was my first the officer charged me civily (sp?)
he clocked me at 104mph in a 50 = $590.
yes, i learned my lesson.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:45 AM   #2
Dueller

Not proud of it and it certainly was foolish....but, 135 in a 55 at 3 a.m. Including court costs and bond $1250.00

However, I was in federal court and saw a guy get popped on a federal parkway (Natchez Trace) got hit for 169 in a 50. $2900. He was on some crotch rocket.
Dueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:07 AM   #3
HuGo

Good Driver Here...Here are the only tickets i have ever received.....

Didnt get a ticket but almost went to court for was for hitting someone in the head with my skateboard but was self defense (i was 13), Being late out (i was 15), (2) Exhaust fix it tickets, neon light fix it ticket, and one parking ticket after sleeping over a friends house.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:08 AM   #4
Mad-Machine

I got a 60 in a 40 once.. 4 points knocked down to 2.

my worst ticket though, was entrapment. I was in Point Pleasant NJ a couple of days before christmas. I was in bumper to bumper traffic heading back to the parkway so I could get home to outside of Atlantic City.

As we pulled up to the light I had to make a right at, the two cars in front of me pulled over into what I assumed was a turning lane. It was dark out and we were so closely stacked together, I could not tell. Light turned green and all three of us were immediatly pulled into the 711 by a police officer with a flashlight. Seems we had "passed on the right" and crossed over the shoulder line to make the right.

Six point ticket in NJ.. and mandatory court appearance. I already had six points on my license and this would have put me at the limit to get my license yanked. I had to hire a lawyer to talk to the DA.. cost me $500 for the lawer and $50 for "failure to obey the directions of an officer"

other wise, I rarely speed (a lot, 10 over a most) and I am not reckless on the street. 12 years driving large (just under CDL) trucks will do that to you
Mad-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 05:11 AM   #5
1rstbmw!

108 in a 55 erased completly no insurance rise, just court cost I was very lucky in more than a few ways.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:18 AM   #6
Panzer_M

Careless Driving: 120$ in Orlando for a Wild U Turn.
98/70 on I75 in GA 221$ < most expensive fine I've had to date.
http://www.cfbmw.org/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=1
Panzer_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:08 AM   #7
S10mafia50

well, my worst ticket, was my only one.....43 in a 30....lol. 4 points, paid the ticket and declared no contest....

Now, I have been the luckiest bastard since then(knocks on wood), and should have been in jail several times. I was stopped for 115 in a 55 on a 2 lane passing cars and got a verbal warning, got a written warning this weekend for 61 in a 45.....I had been doing over 125 a little before that(that would have been a trip to jail.

Back when I had the s10, I had a habit of turning and out accelerating any cop.....lol. I did get stopped in alaskablue's ti on saturday for sliding sideways on the 1-2 upshift in a parking lot.... The cop knew me, and remembered the car.....he just told me to slow down....then left.
basically I have a very large speed habit....I need to live in germany....
Andrew
S10mafia50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:38 AM   #8
bmwracerchick

my worst was going 81 in a 55. Needless to say I got out of the ticket =) The thing is that shocked me other then getting out is anything over 25mph the speed limit is an automatic court time....

What is sad is my first speeding ticket I was going 35 in a 25. I thought it was still 35 but they started construction and just reduced it. I didnt get out of that one but I did get out of paying double the fees hehe.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:08 AM   #9
Keach

Saved all my tickets for one time period...not good. Got pulled over for the first time doing 80 in a 35. The cop gave me a ticket for failure to provide proof of insurance (although i found it when he walked back to his car) I then got a ticket for failing to come to a complete stop. After that I got a speeding ticket in which i had to follow the cop to the station so he could let me go on a form (because i didnt have a licience just the last ticket) In the end it sucked really bad and after going to 12hrs of driving school (not fun) and court supervision i spent around 500 bucks for 3 regular tickets and had to drive all over the state of IL cause every ticket was in a different county and required appearing in different court houses. I was pulled over for turning on a red at a posted no turn on red light. Luckily the cop let me go. I have a shoebox full of all the tickets. All i can say is im glad im getting a radar detector for Christmas! And ironically im going to WIU college to become a cop.
Keach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:26 AM   #10
jetblackbimmer

Only ticket I have recieved, for driving, was Exhibition of Speed in San Diego. It was pouring down rain and I missed my turn so I whipped the car around, on a side street, and gunned it past the stop sign. Cop never filed the ticket. 2004 Focus SVT, rental.
I only got a couple other tickets and that was for smoking in a public place and one for taking a drink of my soda on the subway.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:02 AM   #11
Panzer_M

one for taking a drink of my soda on the subway.

that's a new one?
http://www.cfbmw.org/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=1
Panzer_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:59 PM   #12
jkilla71

Location: Ft Lauderdale, Fl moving to Eastern PA in May of 2007

My worst was in Pa near Reading. I passed an unmarked Pa State Police Suburban doing 90 mph on a 35 MPH two lane on-ramp. The offense was “driving at a safe speed” what ever that means. The cost was 105.00 and no impact on my insurance but the cop yelled at me for a good long while to the point I was scared he was going to hit me.
jkilla71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:11 PM   #13
pnosker

No tickets for me (though I've had a license less than 1 year (soon to be 1 though)).

Got pulled over twice.

1st - month after license, driving mom's manual Neon, was wet out and I dropped the clutch (stupidly) at a light when it turned green. Cop followed me for 5 miles, then pulled me over. Was going to get a ticket for reckless driving or something but he let me off on a warning.

2nd - summer time, driving my 1987 dodge aries 47 in a 35, got verbally warned after cop saw me remove my radar detector from the windshield. he told me to get rid of it permanently... haha
pnosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:51 PM   #14
wasabinuki

All of my 7 speeding tickets are weak sauce - my worst being 93 in a 70 on the way back from Vegas. My weakest one being 42 in a 35, got to love the Claremont PD
wasabinuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:19 PM   #15
SDKmann

64 in a 35 seven hours after I got my license, good times. The ticket was dropped because I signed the wrong copy so it was invalid. After that there was a completely BS reckless driving ticket on Valentines day, also dropped because it was BS. And the third and final ticket of my first year driving was some idiot cop from Ill. pulling me over in Iowa and telling me that I ran a stop light in Ill. I told him I wasnt so he lied and when I caught him, he left. Ive had an eventful first year.