318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Anything other than automotive related.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,006,112 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 05-16-2006, 04:08 AM   #1
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles
Cool It's Official....

... I'm now a member of the BMW family.

I drove home MY very own 318ti on Saturday. I hope to have some pix as soon as the weather clears up here. All I have at the moment is the silly avatar pic. heh heh

Random info:
1997 Sport... Jet Black... chrome wheels that I'm not in love with... Millpoint Red interior (as seen in the Club Sport). Other than some minor cosmetic things (///M badges, pin stripes, etc.), it seems to be very stock, which is fine with me.

As best as I can tell it's in GREAT shape. Well, other than the CEL that came on while driving home. I'll deal with that on Wednesday or Thursday.

If the quality of this car is indicative of the rest of the BMW line... I'll be in the family as long as my budget allows. Wow. As I was driving home, I called my friend whose wife has the first 318ti I ever saw and left him a voice mail... "Hey... I'm driving home in MY 318ti... so far, I can describe it in one word... SCHWING!!!" LOL

OK, so when's the next BMW meet in the SouthEast?

Woo Hoo!!

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
roadrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:25 AM   #2
cali-ti
aka Stabby

sweet d00d! congrats. i was going to ask when i noticed your new avatar ... now i know the answer! glad you finally got one. where/what is BNA?
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:38 AM   #3
roadrash

Vehicles

heh heh...yeah... I was trying to change everything in my profile as quickly as I could. I was a little surprised that nobody questioned my signature.

BNA is the TLA for the Nashville airport. (TLA is "Three Letter Acronym" )

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
Old 05-16-2006, 04:43 AM   #4
cali-ti
aka Stabby

ah ... i'm about 45 mins from DEN

enjoy the car! any plans for mods/changes you want to do?
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

Old 05-16-2006, 04:44 AM   #5
AlaskaBlue

Congratulations. I hope you enjoy it. You definately got the coolest interior and exterior color combo.

BTW I like the sig. I distinctly remember the dealer talking about how BMW electronics can't overcome the laws of physics with DSC when he got his e46.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:49 AM   #6
roadrash

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali-ti
any plans for mods/changes you want to do?
My only plans at this point are to remove some of the "bling-ish" items. E.g., the pin stripes, ///M badges on the front and rear (there's one in my avatar), and the "gills" just behind the front wheels.

BTW... were those ///M badges stock?

After that, I plan to just enjoy the car for a while, pay off the small loan I took out, and get my bank balance back up. Maybe then I'll start making changes.

Old 05-16-2006, 04:50 AM   #7
AlaskaBlue

Those M badges were not stock. OT but did you like Pantani?
Old 05-16-2006, 04:54 AM   #8
roadrash

Vehicles

That's what I thought... and that's why I'll probably take them off.

Yeah... Pantani (RIP) was one of my favorites!! It's too bad that his career, and life, ended the way they did. :-(

Old 05-16-2006, 04:56 AM   #9
cali-ti
aka Stabby

the only m "badges" that were stock on the exterior are the ones in the m-tech side mouldings. did they retrofit e46 m3 gills in the front fenders? if so, you could possibly sell those and fit new fenders.

Old 05-16-2006, 04:58 AM   #10
cali-ti
aka Stabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrash
Yeah... Pantani (RIP) was one of my favorites!! It's too bad that his career, and life, ended the way they did. :-(
agreed. always a shame to see someone as good as he was go down the tubes. it was great to see him and lance battling on the hills. the tour de france will be very interesting this year ...

Old 05-16-2006, 04:59 AM   #11
roadrash

Vehicles

The gills appear to be simply stuck on. I'm not 100% sure because I haven't looked on the inside of the fender. But, from the outside I'm pretty sure I see shiny black paint behind the mesh. My guess is that they're just stuck on with adhesive. If that's the case, they'll be for sale here. :-)

Old 05-16-2006, 05:02 AM   #12
cali-ti
aka Stabby

LOL ... sweet! i guess i would have never thought of doing that.

Old 05-16-2006, 04:24 PM   #13
96cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrash
The gills appear to be simply stuck on. I'm not 100% sure because I haven't looked on the inside of the fender. But, from the outside I'm pretty sure I see shiny black paint behind the mesh. My guess is that they're just stuck on with adhesive. If that's the case, they'll be for sale here. :-)
LOL too funny! I thought they were really cut in there which would make me cringe. Put em on your Honda!!

96cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:33 PM   #14
TiTime

roadrash,

I like the interior. It's a nice touch. I was wondering what kind of mileage you had on your new ti? What kind of engine do you have?

BTW: Welcome and congats on the new baby ti.
TiTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 05:53 PM   #15
nusstroy

the interior sound nice!

welcome!