318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,028,202 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 02-02-2009, 06:33 AM   #1
lysergicsurfer

Default My 1 month old TI (to me)

Ok so I have owned my 95 ti for a month now and have added countless things as well as fixing most everything that was wrong with it. I shot some pictures tonight and thought I would show them..

I blacked out the grills myself, and while I was at it I painted the front plate to match(I am too cheap to buy a 40 dollar front licsense plate and just throw away the chrome one) Also the headlights were so yellow you couldnt see through them, I put Plastix' plastic cleaner from autozone and now they look 100% better, even though I plan on getting a good package deal from DDM.

Brand new tires as well as mounting m3 side skirts which still need to be painted and will be painted when I get my DDM m3 bumper.

Rear wipper delete, I will probly try and paint match the plastic piece but for now it looks much better than the wipper.

Blacked out tails unsing tint film and an exacto knife, I play around with different paterns and I think I like this one the most.

Used about 5 differnt kinds of wax and polish with little improvements, I stumbled upon "Black color magic polish" or something. Its wax that is black and really restores the mirror like shine and darkness of the black. I thought I was going to need a new paint job, it filled in scratches, covered oxidation and restored faded spots on the hood and roof in just one coat.
lysergicsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:34 AM   #2
lysergicsurfer

Default more

The antena seal was dry rotted and would crumble in my fingers, so I used the rear wipper seal and it fit perfect on the antena. Now I need to find a shorter antena...

Interior is mostly stock, m3 pedels and momo shift knob(forsale!) But It was pretty dirty inside with the seats stained and discoloured, but after a shampoo everything is good as new. I hope to do a black interior conversion.

Sorry for the blurry pictures, they were taken with garage lighting on a camera phone.. I will take pictures with my D50 once I get the car finished. Let me know what you think..
Old 02-02-2009, 06:41 AM   #3
lysergicsurfer

This licsense plate is any surfer or beach bums dream, this local surf charity finally got it approved here in NC so now there is finally a real sport plate out there amoung the 300 NASCAR plates you see here in NC.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #4
tiFreak

Vehicles

looks good, hood roundels are only $15 or so from the dealer, any future plans for it?
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:01 PM   #5
Will'sBimmer

What is that in your foglight?
custom dual exhaust,M3 front and rear bumper, 10.4 inch roof mount drop screen, Viper alarm system, DSII's rims, M3 Vader Seats, M3 Mirrors, Carbon Fiber CAI, Smoked Corners, Side Markers, Leatherz armrests, black grilles

225k miles and still the Ti goes on
Will'sBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:12 PM   #6
Viper3812

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiFreak View Post
looks good, hood roundels are only $15 or so from the dealer, any future plans for it?
Think they went up to $20.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...er3812/Sig.jpg
Viper3812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:33 AM   #7
tiFreak

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper3812 View Post
Think they went up to $20.
did they? still cheap though, and it makes a big difference when your roundel is flaked off
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:25 AM   #8
lysergicsurfer

Well I cant decide if I want to get a real one and cover it with the black roundel sticker, or just get a black roundel... I know I want them black, just waiting right now...

The funnel in the foglight hole is my 'fogged cold/ram air intake' Home Depot Bolt on model. I would love a cold air intake, but I have a fear of hydrolock so I mixed the two.

The 'air duct funnel' bolts in the two holes for the foglight perfectly.

Its 4 inch air duct felxable tubing. Basically just in a 90 degree shape with the top ziptied to the frame and the botton just two bolts, this takes 2 minutes to put in and out. The car came with the ram air intake, this was my cheapest alternative. But dont you guys worry, I dont leave it in the car, its just in trial stage, but Id like to make a heat sheild for it. No notice in any power off the line, but after driving miles the intake temp stays down and there is a noticeable difference when i pass on the highway(60-80mph)