Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,007,793 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 12-02-2004, 06:02 AM   #1
lpvaldez

Default 318ti 1996 only $4,750 firm

Only 4,750 firm
1996 318 TI, runs good, tinted windows, white ground spoilers, new brakes, bosch spark plugs( 4spark), intake, Alpine stereo, 131,000 highway miles salvage title, needs work on driver's side window, and may need transmission work ( first gear poped out twice in a month when I was driving it from stop), asking $4750 firm which is over $2500 under retail value.
K&N Filter. Really gas Saver more than 30 miles per gallon Excelent Engine and BodyCondition. Ready to go Garage Kept High way miles. Contact Luis or Conrad at 469-576-0629 or 469-576-1372 To arrange a Test Drive. Pitures are available at www.onlinerepairables.com , AutoTrader or by email:
luis@onlinerepairables.com
Old 12-02-2004, 01:04 PM   #2
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Was that necessary?
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
Old 12-02-2004, 05:37 PM   #3
96cali

uh did we miss something?

Old 12-02-2004, 06:57 PM   #4
hotdog19d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw///m3///
blow me
whats the deal?
http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5783
http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5777SOLD!!!
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...ZmQzMXk1NDE%3D
FOR SALE!! $4000 OBO!!!!!!
96 california aqua-marine clears, H&R/Koni sports, Triflo exhaust fogged
Old 12-02-2004, 07:08 PM   #5
sikbrik

Default I think he was annoyed...

...that a salvage yard/rebuilder would exploit the forum to post this car. Add to that fact that I got my clean '96 318ti with 80k miles for $500 less than this salvage car and it was probably just frustration coming out with people trying to exploit the forum. Maybe not...just guessing.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:36 PM   #6
bmw///m3///

I erased my previous statement as to avoid controversy, but was already quoted so here it comes.

yes I was annoyed, he was essentially lying or misleading (bluebook price $7300 for salvaged and needs work too.come on) And no "blow me" wasnt the most appropriate thing to say, but is it appropriate to exploit the classifeds and its viewers???

This guys seems like a hustler or what?

hustler@ONLINEREBUIDABLES.com

I guess you are free to post anything at any price. Unfortunatelt I cant hold myself from calling out a bad deal when I see one in the interest of protecting myself and others on 318ti.org

..last heres his link to bimmerforums, other have similar opinions to mine(which should help this seller, right).
bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286055

case rested///
Old 12-02-2004, 11:43 PM   #7
TiPerformance

How in the Hell is a rebuilt vehicle "exploiting the forum? If he is so misleading why did he tell everyone that is is a rebuilt titled vehicle and that the tranny has popped out of gear on him at times?

BMW///M3/// Every time a car comes up for sale you always bitch about the price, so when are you getting ur Z3 coupe so you can stop bitching about everyone else sales. I would also like to direct your attention to this post, I believe it was posted because of people like you. http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3622

Also if you knew why the vehicle has a rebuilt title that might be a reason to question things. So don't make assumptions, ASK.

As for you sikbrik what does you getting your car for $500 less have to do with anything? I doubt that deals for a 96 ti with under 80,000 miles come around alot for a price of $4,250, because I have yet to see a TI unless there was something wrong with it for that price.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:55 AM   #8
hotdog19d

I can just feel the love
http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5783
http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5777SOLD!!!
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...ZmQzMXk1NDE%3D
FOR SALE!! $4000 OBO!!!!!!
96 california aqua-marine clears, H&R/Koni sports, Triflo exhaust fogged
Old 12-03-2004, 02:01 AM   #9
sikbrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPerformance
How in the Hell is a rebuilt vehicle "exploiting the forum?
Does the sale of a previously wrecked car with no real history add value to the forum? It's people like this, selling salvage vehicles at high prices, that continue to drive up the cost of these cars. They sometimes put unsafe vehicles on the roads, too. Or have you never heard of that happening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPerformance
As for you sikbrik what does you getting your car for $500 less have to do with anything? I doubt that deals for a 96 ti with under 80,000 miles come around alot for a price of $4,250, because I have yet to see a TI unless there was something wrong with it for that price.
Where do I send the pics? Nobody said they come around often...but they're out there. Who in the hell made you king of TI prices, anyway? I was simply stating a fact that clean cars can be found for less than this salvage car. That will hopefully promote some sense and further research before overpaying for a wrecked car. That's what the hell it has to do with it. Any other questions? Why do you feel the need to flame me for stating facts? I'll bet there are posts about people like you who get angry at everyone who has a different viewpoint but I won't waste my time searching for them.

If it's a salvage title at a rebuilders yard, how can they possibly know it's 131,000 "highway miles" (as if that matters anyway) and that it was garage kept? It's obviously been refurbished in some way so as to make that irrelevant. Don't you see any inconsistency or are you blinded by the need to have an opposing viewpoint? What are you so angry about??? Walk it off.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:05 AM   #10
TiPerformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikbrik
Does the sale of a previously wrecked car with no real history add value to the forum? It's people like this, selling salvage vehicles at high prices, that continue to drive up the cost of these cars. They sometimes put unsafe vehicles on the roads, too. Or have you never heard of that happening?
Umm Ok first off we don't know the history, like almost every other car here on the forum that is forsale. Until it is asked we don't know, damn that must be a hard concept to grasp. A rebuilt car if done right is just as safe as any other car on the road, and depending on the damage it might not have been that bad of damage, IE theft damage. You don't know how it was rebuilt, what happened, nor inspected it so how do you know it's unsafe? Again you don't. As for adding Value on the forum, it is a 318TI, that is more than I can say about alot of posts, it was placed in the appropriate section of the forum, so what's the big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikbrik
Where do I send the pics? Nobody said they come around often...but they're out there. Who in the hell made you king of TI prices, anyway? I was simply stating a fact that clean cars can be found for less than this salvage car. That will hopefully promote some sense and further research before overpaying for a wrecked car. That's what the hell it has to do with it. Any other questions? Why do you feel the need to flame me for stating facts? I'll bet there are posts about people like you who get angry at everyone who has a different viewpoint but I won't waste my time searching for them.

If it's a salvage title at a rebuilders yard, how can they possibly know it's 131,000 "highway miles" (as if that matters anyway) and that it was garage kept? It's obviously been refurbished in some way so as to make that irrelevant. Don't you see any inconsistency or are you blinded by the need to have an opposing viewpoint? What are you so angry about??? Walk it off.
Sorry I don't need pics of your car I know what a 318ti looks like. I never said I was the "king of TI prices".
So if deals like you got on your car "don't come around often" then how can you say he is asking too much? It is a pretty common trend around here that a salvage title vehicle will sell for 3/4 it book value. If no one bites on the car I think he will realize maybe he is asking too much, or you could send a PM, like stated at the top of the Forsale section, better yet let me link you to it http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3622

As for the Highway miles he might know the previous owner or rebuilt it when it was low milage and drove it as a personal vehicle.

Ask questions before you start accusing people of wrong doing.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:20 AM   #11
lpvaldez

Default I can't believe it

Who is this guy that assumes everything in the ti forum the one that says to be the king of the forum jajaja just makes me laugh like i told another person dont like the price dont BUY and you know what, get a life man instead of being criticism other persons pm go and do whatever you whant to your car drive it somewhere take a vacation and stop messing with the valued time of others. The for sale section is there for a reason if you are not buying then what are you doing there.

I apreciate the good coments about the other persons that putted this guy in its place. How can we have a member in 318ti, where we are supposed to be friends trying to ruin peoples pm like this he is just full of sh**t.

Have a good day.
For anyone else interested in the car, the mechanic said its probably the linkage in the transmission and i will change that before selling if someone needs more info about the car please email instead of making false arguments.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:15 AM   #12
sydeshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96cali
uh did we miss something?
yeah. only a little bit. it seems that a post was removed by bmw///m3///. but you can see it quoted down below in someone else's post.

but even though you missed that, you're still catching the juicy stuff here. i'm getting a kick out of it. haha. i may even have to start cheering for one of the sides.

go lpvaldez! go tiperformance!
Old 12-04-2004, 04:29 AM   #13
sydeshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw///m3///
I erased my previous statement as to avoid controversy, but was already quoted so here it comes.

yes I was annoyed, he was essentially lying or misleading (bluebook price $7300 for salvaged and needs work too.come on) And no "blow me" wasnt the most appropriate thing to say, but is it appropriate to exploit the classifeds and its viewers???

This guys seems like a hustler or what?

hustler@ONLINEREBUIDABLES.com

I guess you are free to post anything at any price. Unfortunatelt I cant hold myself from calling out a bad deal when I see one in the interest of protecting myself and others on 318ti.org

..last heres his link to bimmerforums, other have similar opinions to mine(which should help this seller, right).
bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286055

case rested///
god forbid that this gentleman do what he pleases with his property. i could understand if this was a free country and we actually had certain freedoms. but since it's not, i can see where you're coming from.

so man...not to bash anyone...and not to say that he's right...but sit down, shut up, and leave this alone. unless he starts to hurt you some way physically, financially, or whatever, then just be a man and back down. and if he does hurt you somehow, take it up PRIVATELY with lpvaldez, steven, or both!

but as for now, the only one doing the hurting is you on his reputation and chance of selling.

i would bring your butt to court if i were him. haha. maybe not. but i would want to.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:54 AM   #14
1996 328ti

Vehicles

If anyone is interested in this car, they should contact the original poster.
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
Closed Thread