318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Induction

Notices

Induction Superchargers, NO2 and turbos.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
Today 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 939,875 Views
looove
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
Last post by RichardBug
04-16-2024 01:18 PM
0 Replies, 1,605 Views
  Share/Bookmark

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2001, 08:39 AM   #1
Ray Pruitt

All,
Three weeks ago A friend and I installed the DASC on my 98 Sport. The SC kit was, as advertised, a pretty straight forward installation. There were some difficult moments however and at times the instructions were not real clear. The reason for that is that the kit is for any 97 on 318 and as most of us know these cars are not exactly alike. It took a good 12 hrs to do the install (properly). I didn't like the way some of the plumbing was done and what you have to do to some of miscellaneous valves that get taken out of the intake stream. At first I was a little disappointed in the performance because I just couldn't feel it. I was expecting a huge change in the car and just didn't get it. After driving for a couple of days I could actually feel the difference in the power. The thing is, is that the power is so smooth you can't really notice it until you drive for a little while. The car revs way hard all the way to the rev limit. Unfortunately first gear is kind of useless unless you are not in the throttle too heavy. If any of you are planning on doing this or any other forced induction upgrade you may as well go ahead and buy a new clutch kit (performance). Mine had only 42K on it when I did the upgrade and it just cannot handle the power. On the test drive after the install my friend wanted me to do a burnout. I turned off the traction control hit around 4500 rpm and dumped the clutch and just sat there stone still. My clutch wouldn't even bite enough to move the car. It does however have enough bite to it to drive the car normally. I do notice some clutch slip up through 4th gear under hard accelleration but not enough to matter. I am however going to swap the clutch as soon as I can find one. If any one wants any more info on this let me know. I'll be glad to share my experience/knowledge on this with you.
Peace
Ray

My mods:
Downing Atlanta SC
Remus Exhaust
UUC Motorwerks Short Shifter
Clear corners & Sides
17" M5 Wheels w/225/45 tires
Eibach Sway Bar Kit F/R
Eibach Pro Kit Springs
Koni Sport Adjustable Struts and Shocks
K&N Intake