318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Interior and ICE

Notices

Interior and ICE For all interior and In Car Entertainment discussion.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 997,864 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 10-01-2005, 07:16 PM   #1
hikaru

Default CD player install - center dash won't come out

Been looking for a couple days but for some reason can't find a single diagram. Need to know how to take out the center dash to get to the wiring behind my cd player. Just bought the car, the cd player is aftermarket and seems to have been installed with the backend at a higher angle. I've already pulled the temp knobs off and taken out those two screws but when I pull on it the top doesn't budge an inch. I don't really want to break the thing in two and can't seem to find any other screws. Am I doing something wrong or did this last kid just screw up the stereo install and lock everything in place?

I'm really just trying to get to the wires to see if I have AUX inputs. Going to run them up through where the ashtray used to be so I can plug in my iPod. Already modded it to hold the iPod, just need the inputs right beside it.
hikaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 08:25 PM   #2
clex2

You shouldn't have to remove that whole panel to get to the radio. The radio should slide out. There usually is a locking mechanism to keep the radio in place. As far as the rear of the radio being higher, I think that is normal. Both of my ti's, one with a stock radio and the other with a Traffic Pro, both are tilted ever so slightly downward.
'95 330ti CS w/sr delete, S50USB30, cams, 24# inj, Conforti SW, Euro HFM, Samco Silicone Intake Boot, BBTB, Euro Oil Cooler, JTD CAI Duct, RE DMS exhaust, RE Tranny mounts, CF Valve Cover, LTW flywheel/Kevlar sprung hub clutch, RE SSK, 3.46 Finned LSD (M6) , M3 tranny, Brembos, RE Wheel Studs, SS brake/clutch lines, CF interior, Rear Headrest retrofit, Tilt Steering retrofit, 13.5 lb DynaBatt in rear, LED interior/footwell lights, ZKW HID, Headlight Aim Control, Rear fog light w/cluster indicator, CF 3 Aux gauge pod, BMW Traffic Pro/Alpine MP3-CD Changer, Staggered LTW wheels, '95 M3 steering rack, VIS CF Hood, M3 LTW Strut Bar, TCK SA coilovers, Red LTW Motorsport Seatbelts, OEM Fire Extinguisher, Z8 Starter button, Auto dim rear view mirror w/ Homelink/Compass, PDC, Rear Sun Shade, Euro Gauge Cluster w/oil temp/shift light , Headlight Washers, "Motorsport" Door Handles, CF Grills, French ZKW Fogs, Euro dash bins, Power Lumbar Support is next, Coming e39 M5 interior light, Bimmer Magazine 8/2007
clex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 08:36 PM   #3
sparkchaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by clex2
You shouldn't have to remove that whole panel to get to the radio. The radio should slide out. There usually is a locking mechanism to keep the radio in place. As far as the rear of the radio being higher, I think that is normal. Both of my ti's, one with a stock radio and the other with a Traffic Pro, both are tilted ever so slightly downward.
You might need to go to Best Buy, Circuit City, or wherever and ask to 'borrow' a removal tool.

As for the tilt, I find it a tad annoying but I am getting used to it.
sparkchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 10:19 PM   #4
bimmerboi318

I will second (or third) these posts. Sounds like a normal installation to me.
others...
bimmerboi318 is offline   Reply With Quote