318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Interior and ICE

Notices

Interior and ICE For all interior and In Car Entertainment discussion.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,026,249 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 03-08-2006, 03:48 AM   #1
1rstbmw!

Default Seats?

I have a few questions about my sport seats(grey and black).#1How much can I sell my front seats for along with the rear seat, all are grey in the center leather on the outside and are in good condition.#2 How much interest is there for seats like these?#3 Can anyone give me a good place to find some nice not cheap light(very light seats)?
I'm getting into the idea of dropping some wieght off my ti, so does anybody have any other good ideas for losing some weight?I'm wanting to lose anywhere from 250 to 300 pounds off of my car(preferably the front of the car)Thanks in advance for your replies
Old 03-08-2006, 04:15 AM   #2
Platanos

i'm sure someone would buy your seats, some people like swapping their cloth seats for leather. a cf hood would drop you around 50lbs right? i'm not sure but i think its close to that...
Old 03-08-2006, 04:16 AM   #3
1rstbmw!

How much should they bring?
Old 03-08-2006, 04:25 AM   #4
midwestTI

Default weight loss

depending on how extreme you're looking to get, losing 250-350 lbs off of a daily driver is incredibly difficult without losing comfort.

to succesfully lose that much weight you'd pretty much have to gut the interior, lose your a/c, no more music, no power options, lexan windows, lightweight racing wheels, and carbon fiber out the wazoo.
midwestTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:27 AM   #5
Platanos

i guess it all depends on how much someone is willing to pay....i think i paid 150 or 175 for my rear leather seats. you could prolly get more for the fronts though
Old 03-08-2006, 04:36 AM   #6
1rstbmw!

Thanks for the replies, I don't think I want to go too extreme with this maybe drop the a/c out, CF hood, Lightweight seats, remove the rear seat.What does everyone figure this should drop off the car?
Old 03-08-2006, 04:41 AM   #7
BobbyDigital

I'm interested in the seats, I have no idea what to expect paying for them either though.
BobbyDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:43 AM   #8
cali-ti
aka Stabby

lightweight battery such as:

http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc680.htm
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:44 AM   #9
1rstbmw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDigital
I'm interested in the seats, I have no idea what to expect paying for them either though.

Alright I'll PM you if I end up doing this whole thing.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:46 AM   #10
1rstbmw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali-ti

That looks like it's for motorcycles?
Old 03-08-2006, 04:51 AM   #11
John W

In addition to the good weight loss suggestions already mentioned here, I'll throw out a few of the more obvious items: fog lights, cd changer/speakers/receiver, rear deck lid/back seat, spare tire, floor mats. You might also consider a lighweight flywheel. A good way to drop a few more pounds and gain performance. The stock flywheels are monsters.

And, FWIW, the base/active seats are quite a bit lighter than the sport seats.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...et/sig-318.jpg
John W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:12 AM   #12
Platanos

I don't know how committed you are to doing this right away, but thought I'd give you a heads up on a group buy at BF.C its for a VIS carbon fiber hood $515 shipped. I already paid for mine but there is still time to get in on it http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=486393

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rstbmw!
Thanks for the replies, I don't think I want to go too extreme with this maybe drop the a/c out, CF hood, Lightweight seats, remove the rear seat.What does everyone figure this should drop off the car?
Old 03-08-2006, 05:14 AM   #13
1rstbmw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platanos
I don't know how committed you are to doing this right away, but thought I'd give you a heads up on a group buy at BF.C its for a VIS carbon fiber hood $515 shipped. I already paid for mine but there is still time to get in on it http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=486393

It all depends on what they say of my old hood, going through insurance crap right now.If it's trashed I'll thow the extra cash in and get the VIS.It will probably be too late for the GB though.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:32 AM   #14
cali-ti
aka Stabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rstbmw!
That looks like it's for motorcycles?
yep, and about half or less of the weight of our stock battery one of the guys on the yahoo list uses one. also a drycell.
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

Old 03-08-2006, 06:41 AM   #15
cali-ti
aka Stabby

understeer has carbon fiber race seats. says the shell is something like 4lbs appear to start at $600/each
http://www.understeer.com/onlinestore-interior.shtml