318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > eBay and Craig's list listings

Notices

eBay and Craig's list listings Listings of interest or amusement.

» Recent Threads
Handsome gays boys from...
Today 12:47 AM
Last post by ceoshank88
Today 12:47 AM
0 Replies, 52 Views
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by kupkake303
05-09-2024 06:12 PM
211 Replies, 1,311,216 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 10-19-2006, 03:34 AM   #16
mohaughn

Given the price for some of the other Ti's for sale on this site right now, and what they are, I think you have some stiff competition trying to sell your car at that price... Given that the history of the car is present for any member to see on the site I don't think the car can be rated in excellent or good condition. Which puts the bluebook at less than half of what you are asking. Not trying to kill your sale, but you asked for comments. Even at excellent the bluebook is half of what you are asking, and that is adding some extra value for the mods.

Clubsports are limited editions, but they are not a collector car.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:26 AM   #17
m3outtanowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaughn View Post
Given the price for some of the other Ti's for sale on this site right now, and what they are, I think you have some stiff competition trying to sell your car at that price... Given that the history of the car is present for any member to see on the site I don't think the car can be rated in excellent or good condition. Which puts the bluebook at less than half of what you are asking. Not trying to kill your sale, but you asked for comments. Even at excellent the bluebook is half of what you are asking, and that is adding some extra value for the mods.

Clubsports are limited editions, but they are not a collector car.
price lowered. I am losing money here now. I am now PAYING to fix someones elses car up!
Old 10-20-2006, 01:26 PM   #18
L84THSKY

Put it on Ebay and take your chances

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3outtanowhere View Post
bump. more comments??? this thing is so fun its like a go cart! I need the money bad...and I need to get it out b-4 I move in Nov.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:29 PM   #19
dave45056

That car is a Club Sport. You won't find a bluebook which accurately represents this car since it is a limited edition model with less than 300 made. Although not a collector car at this time, it will be. This car deserves a premium price because of it. Good luck with the sale.
dave45056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:30 PM   #20
mohaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave45056 View Post
That car is a Club Sport. You won't find a bluebook which accurately represents this car since it is a limited edition model with less than 300 made. Although not a collector car at this time, it will be. This car deserves a premium price because of it. Good luck with the sale.
I guess if you buy into the belief that everything that says limited edition will eventually be a collectors item it may one day be worth more.. But I don't. This was really a marketting ploy to try to spruce up sales. If the car came with a more powerful m42, which it didn't, or had something really different about it, I could see the extra value. As it stands many BMW purists think it is one of the worst things to come out of the M works. Look at the number of cars that have come out in the last 20 years with limited edition stamped on them. Most of them are not worth a dime more than what the extra parts cost, unless you are talking about something exotic.

Given that you could easily buy every part directly from BMW to make any Ti a club sport, I don't see it being worth an extra $4k for maybe $1,800 in parts. Which, by the way, I did add a premium over what KBB listed as excellent, almost 10%. But again, I don't rate this excellent so that premium would be more like 20 or 30% over bluebook.

Some recent limited edition cars, that are probably only worth what the extra goodies cost-
2007 Chevy HHR
2006 Chevy Silverado Intimidator
Ford Focus(has had atleast 7 different limited edition models)
Ford F350- HD limited editions(they produce these every year) **some collector value
2005 Dodge Caravan LE
2005 Scion XB- LE
Nissan Sentra LE(also many of these produced each year)
Jeep Liberty- every year many produced

You get my point..

The 1994 325is M-technic, or the 1995 540i-sport has more of a chance of becoming something that collectors will want. I've seen one 325is-MT for sale in roundel for $8,500 all original. The 540i-sport and 325is-MT both had less than 200 produced.

But even then, collectors want all original cars. This car has been modded and had other "work" done to it. Not what a collector is looking for. A pristine all original clubsport could probably fetch 5 or 6k. I know m3 said his research showed they were worth $8k, but I've not seen any sales that would support that number.

Ultimately, a car is worth what the buyer will pay. I'm sure if he hangs onto the car long enough he will find someone willing to pay that amount. But you can't rush a sale like that. If you want to charge a premium you need to be able to wait to make the sale.

Found one for $5,500- http://www.thecitizen.com/node/134, also found one sold two years ago for $7,500.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:28 PM   #21
dave45056

Mo, I buy into the belief that the value is determined by supply and demand. The supply is rediculously low on Club Sports. That is the reason I believe that it deserves a premium. There are plenty of cars out there that pull a premium because it has a combination of options which were only available in low numbers. Many muscle cars are valuable for that reason. Anyone on here who owns a Club Sport must be proud as hell. Super fun to drive.
All I can say is... Good Luck with the sale.
dave45056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:36 PM   #22
m3outtanowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave45056 View Post
Mo, I buy into the belief that the value is determined by supply and demand. The supply is rediculously low on Club Sports. That is the reason I believe that it deserves a premium. There are plenty of cars out there that pull a premium because it has a combination of options which were only available in low numbers. Many muscle cars are valuable for that reason. Anyone on here who owns a Club Sport must be proud as hell. Super fun to drive.
All I can say is... Good Luck with the sale.
Thank you.
And Mo. The car came with a whole different M-tech suspension, Limited Slip Differential, M-Tech body, Red/Black Millipoint interior, option delete, and some thing you wish your car had! So...yes it is a REAL LIMITED EDITION. Not anything like a Nissan SE or a HHR. Are you serious? Do you know a damn thing about BMW 318's? What you wrote is extermely pissing me off man! You should research before you post.

Sorry if I sound mad...but I was just arrested. I desperately need to sell both my cars now to help pay for a lawyer. So before you bag on a car( which you obviously know nothing about) research the owner too! Your opinions dont mean jack. BAD TIMING BRO!
Old 10-28-2006, 12:19 AM   #23
mohaughn

Quote:
Mo, I buy into the belief that the value is determined by supply and demand.
Yeah.. I think I said that...

Quote:
Ultimately, a car is worth what the buyer will pay.

And M3, don't take your anger out on me.. All I've said is I don't think this car is worth in excess of 8k, and you obviously agree because you dropped the price under 8k... I'm pretty sure I've been driving BMW's longer than you have been legally able to drive, and probably owned the Ti longer as well. So you may think I don't know ****, but honestly, I don't care.. I'm not here to impress you or anybody else.

And as far as your PM to me. If any mods here think I've over stepped my bounds or said anything inappropriate I'll gladly delete my posts or they can delete them and I won't complain. But keep in mind that YOU asked for comments.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:27 AM   #24
m3outtanowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaughn View Post
Yeah.. I think I said that...

And M3, don't take your anger out on me.. All I've said is I don't think this car is worth in excess of 8k, and you obviously agree because you dropped the price under 8k... I'm pretty sure I've been driving BMW's longer than you have been legally able to drive, and probably owned the Ti longer as well. So you may think I don't know ****, but honestly, I don't care.. I'm not here to impress you or anybody else.

And as far as your PM to me. If any mods here think I've over stepped my bounds or said anything inappropriate I'll gladly delete my posts or they can delete them and I won't complain. But keep in mind that YOU asked for comments.
Do u have any remorse? I NEED to pay for Lawyer fees. Thats why its lowered. Dont post a damn thing on my threads anymore!

FACTS>OPINIONS MO!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:00 PM   #25
m3outtanowhere

I am getting desperate! And worried.

I need to come up with 3000 dollars by the 15th of Nov. to pay for half of my lawyer fees. I am willing to take offers please. Dont wait if you want this car cause its gonna go!

im gonna cry
Old 11-01-2006, 10:13 PM   #26
drkblu318ti

I know it would be hard to see it go like this but why not try ebay? Its worth it if you really need the money.

Tribute to:
97 318ti Montreal Blue R.I.P
96 318ti Schwartz II
drkblu318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:07 AM   #27
septimus

My fiance sold her CRX si with 85k miles on it, 8/10 exterior, 9/10 interior, 9/10 mechanical for $5k. It blue books at under $2k. putting on ebay means that it -will- sell, and the most possible people are gonna look at it. As a last step, put it up on as many bmw/euro websites as possible. I'm pretty sure thats how we're gonna sell ours.
septimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:57 AM   #28
HuGo

That sucks man. Serious sh!t. I mean, you only got 1 summer to enjoy the air conditioner But hey, best of luck from me and hopefully you do things right. Good Luck on the sale. Try putting on craigslist in various of cities that is driveable from like utah to, new mexico, arizona, texas, oregon. Remember how you found your M3 out of the state, maybe it could work for you putting your car on sale out of the state. Good Luck bro

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 02:00 PM   #29
tastade

Used CRXs and Hondas in general sell for way more than they are worth (IMO), but as Mohaughn was saying, it is demand. People want nice old CRXs so they can modify them. They are getting hard to find, either people drove them into the ground or trashed them. Very few nice ones left.

I think the Club Sport will always bring a small premium over a regular model, but not much more than the later sport models that have similar options. It just depends on how badly people want the CS, if we can get them to want one bad enough I will sell mine

But to help you out M3, as already suggested I would try selling it on other venues than here. Relatively few people will see it here. Try AutoTrader, local news papers, and possibly eBay. With eBay you will have to put up with dead beat bidders, shipping, etc, but you are more likely to get market value, which could be more or less than you are asking now.
tastade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 02:52 AM   #30
ChItalian1027

Vehicles

hey M3 i hope u get to sale ur car!! good luck w/ that!!

WTB: HELLROT RED CLUB SPORT

95 ti sold but staying in the family.
ChItalian1027 is offline   Reply With Quote