318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Anything other than automotive related.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 996,081 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 09-12-2006, 04:26 AM   #16
HuGo

I still want to be a pilot regardless but i wont be a pilot for the USAF anymore. I got my reasons. I also think the pentegon hit was BS. I mean its the pentagon, im sure no air craft could go within MILES of the place. I know there has to be restrictions. I know their radars picked up a plane that was not authorized by the government to traspass, so in that case, a turret would have lifted from the ground and blown that plane up. But nothing came out of the ground because......umm there wasnt no plane...

By the way, did anybody die in the pent.?

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:51 AM   #17
durnadupa

I know I told my story, but I've gotta say today was bad. It felt like I was suddenly five years back watching it all over again. The worst scenes for me is the live videos of planes crashing into the towers and the screams, the people jumping from the towers (which is just a horrible sight), or the collapse of them onto the floor below. I live maybe 15minutes from the site and you could see the smoke rising from the ground on that day. It was surreal, you hear about all these attacks abroad but once it hits in your backyard you feel like your heart was ripped out.

A sad day indeed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	9114small.jpg Views:	89 Size:	69.8 KB ID:	2494  
durnadupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:02 PM   #18
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by durnadupa View Post
It was surreal,
That was the word I was looking at.
During the 1st anniversary I remember pulling the car over and listening to the names being read. I don't even remember 2, 3 and 4. But this fifth was difficult. I avoided any pictures from the news. On NPR they had people recounting their stories. And for one day of the year, everyone on my commute seemed to be driving courteously.

Watching NYers that day pulling together really made me proud to be a NYer.
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:23 AM   #19
robcarync

i was in biology class in 9th grade...i knew a tower had been hit...and i remember when i found out it had actually collapsed and fell all the way down...i was in disbelief...i didnt know what to think. its sad.
Pioneer Speakers [] Aluminum Billet door locks [] ACS Pedals/Deadrest [] ACS Shift Knob / E-Brake Handle [] Clear Corners/Tails/Sides [] Sylvania Exterior Lighting [] Custom CAI [] Dinan Engine Chip [] Dinan Transmission Chip [] H&R Race Springs [] Tokico Illumina Shocks [] BMW X-Brace [] Relocated Lighter Mod [] Custom iPod Mod
http://www.cardomain.com/id/robcarync
robcarync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:19 AM   #20
snwbrdrbum10

I was a sophomore year of high school. I remember it very well. Being that I was here in Oregon it happened @ like 6am Oregon time. I woke up to my dad freaking out. School was a blur of people freaking and crying and nothing like the assemblies that day. TV constantly on and everyone were in complete numb shock. Sad day, but it's made us a stronger, more united (and divided (politically)) country. It will definitely have a "phrase" such as the one President Roosevelt gave during the WWII fireside chat to America after Pearl Harbor Starting out:

Yesterday, December 7, 1941 - a date which will live in infamy - the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan.

Certainly Pearl Harbor has been a day that has lived in infamy. Such will be the case with 9/11. But don’t forget, there will be more in the future. By Japan, Germany, terrorists, etc; they will find a way to foil us again, it's just a matter of time, will and manipulation of our interior defenses.

It is Sad that people have to attack the USA because of our country's freedoms and liberty’s. "If we can’t have it, they shouldn't either," type of thinking. Rather than fighting to improve their own country, they try to bring ours down. Well, united we stand.

As somewhat of a political statement, but hopefully nothing that pisses any of you off...too much I see these "impeach Bush" and other frivolous banners, bumper-stickers and such discounting and cutting down our government. Now I know this may sound silly, but there is a 70% divorce rate in this country, which is very high. The point of this paragraph is simple. Yes, you do have the right to state and publicly say and show your beliefs in how this country is run. But as Americans, we complain about every little thing and want to fix our governments problems, when we can’t even keep our own lives from blowing up. Now, to those who are divorced, I know in some circumstances it is inevitable. But we expect things to be given to us, and to be very simple, like we are owed. When in fact sometimes you have to FIGHT for what is best, rather than that easy way out. How do you think we got our freedom and independence anyway?

And I’m done ranting.
And Support the troops and their families!