318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Suspension

Notices

Suspension Springs, sway bars, shocks.

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 98,848 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 61,722 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 59,084 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 04-25-2012, 06:18 PM   #16
Nick21

Vehicles

Hey just wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some good front tower strut bars. Ive seen the ultra racing ones but thats the only decent one ive found! Help please!
Nick21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #17
mohaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti cali ed View Post
Trim packages baffle me on bmw's. I have a cali ed. and I say this because it's a 1996 and it has the canvas sun roof. But it does have cruise, cloth seats, black paint, and a few other 'goodies'. And I've heard of a few other odd ball packages like 'club sports' and some even odder names that my back woods Iowa tungue couln't even say correctly. Places like kelly blue book don't even list these packages as options. When I was rear ended a while back the insurance company wouldn't value the car as anything more than a base because there books didn't show any other packages as well. Long story short there's by far to many packages for this being such a low production car.
The packages are just collections of options that you could source on the car. 95 had club sport, sport, active, and winter packages.

96+ had mtech(sport) and active. There may have been the coldweather package as well, but not mentioned as much.

My 95 active/winter package had OBC, sunroof, alarm, heated door locks, cruise control and LSD. It sounds like you want an active based on the options you want, but most sellers these days are not going to know what the original package of the car is unless they've looked up the original invoice sheet.

Insurance companies will always value the car as low as you allow them to. You don't have to take their offers, and if I had something other than a base model, I would not accept an offer that had the car as such. Pretty easy to go to the dealer and get the original equipment sheet direct from them based on the VIN.

Wow, a Ti selling for 4,500? Has anybody seen or bought one recently for that price? I've seen 328's and somewhat decent E36 M3's selling for that price. These cars are lost a lot of value in the last several years and I would say that comparable model year honda/toyotas probably hold more value as they are perceived as being cheaper to maintain. I know I've seen some crazy ads with people asking stupid money for Ti's, but I've not heard of them being successful. And I'm not talking about some of the very rare, pristine models we see, even though I'd be hesitant to spend $5k on a 17yo econo-box..
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #18
J!m

Vehicles

If you are still looking, I have the 'take-off' sport parts from my very clean car. front and rear sway for sure; maybe springs. I might be able to save you some money on some VERY clean parts.

They have been in dry storage for years.

And yes, the front sway bar is the largest E36 bar since the M3 uses a shorter bar that does not need to be as large in diameter due to shorter length.

There are larger rear bars (that fit):

M Roadster is 1 mm larger than the ti sport (and fits right on)
M Coupe is 1/2mm larger than that (I think) and also fits right on. This is what I have in my car now.

I also suggest NOT getting the stock replacement struts, as they will be dead in a few yesrs. Go for some Bilstein Sport model struts in stead (Turner Motorsport has great prices on them)

Order Swap Manuals Here => http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12912

WolferJ- gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote