318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Anything other than automotive related.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by kupkake303
Today 06:12 PM
211 Replies, 1,298,941 Views
1999 M3 Swap
09-07-2023 10:10 PM
Last post by buzzboy
05-02-2024 08:18 PM
6 Replies, 401,259 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 12-11-2009, 03:42 AM   #1
bmwpelican

Default Withdraw

So i left my home In philly to go to college 500 miles away in WV in August. I came home over thanksgiving looking to just drive pointlessly for hours. But as i come in there is a letter from Pen Dot informing my license was suspended for 90 days taking effect in late September. I had no idea what it could have been, I have never been pulled over, been in an accident or anything vehicle related. Turns out that what i thought i got cleared of a year ago( receiving my second Underage alcohol Citation ) wasn't entirely cleared. So they slapped that on me and now i can't drive until the end of December. But knowing Pen Dot they won't send me my license on time, especially since its the holidays and all. So i could be looking at not driving my car until the end of March( 7 F* months...)

It will be like driving for the first time all over again
bmwpelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:28 AM   #2
milehigh96caliti

Awww I am so sorry! That does suck...same thing happened to my son for an unpaid traffic ticket, but he was able to get it straightened out. I hope you'll be able to drive sooner than March!

http://hubpages.com/health/Enablers-...t-Away-With-It

1996 California Edition - SOLD
Modded by cali-ti
2012 e92 335is Twin Turbo convertible w/M package
2002 e46 330cic Sport w/cold weather package STOCK - SOLD

milehigh96caliti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:26 AM   #3
THAT318

i say you just drive it anyways. its not like they are looking for your car or anything. the chance that you get pulled over if you are following the laws (besides the main one you are breaking) is slim to none man. just dont drive stupid or crazy and if you do get pulled over you have been out of state for college and you werent aware of it being suspended. BOOM.
THAT318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:59 AM   #4
tiFreak

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by THAT318 View Post
i say you just drive it anyways. its not like they are looking for your car or anything. the chance that you get pulled over if you are following the laws (besides the main one you are breaking) is slim to none man. just dont drive stupid or crazy and if you do get pulled over you have been out of state for college and you werent aware of it being suspended. BOOM.
um, don't do that, the "I didn't know" excuse will work once if you're lucky, if you get caught chances are you'll have to wait longer to get your license back
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:55 AM   #5
projekt EPiK

yes, penndot sux. when i lived in md in my younger days i had my license suspended 4 times (think ANYTHING NON ALCOHOL RELATED).. anyways, i tried to get smart (or so i thought) and get a PA license befoe my last md suspension took effect.. i had the PA license fine, but then the md suspension was up, pa caught on and i didnt get the md license back for almost 3 months later.. and the pa license was suspended

dont do it.
projekt EPiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:05 AM   #6
THAT318

i didnt say get a license in another state. how often do you get pulled over? if your not driving stupid and whatnot whats the chance of getting stopped? and i was suggesting an idea not telling him its an only option but not driving till march is a hell of a long time.
i drove for 2 years before i got my license didnt get stoped once i knew id be in trouble if i got stopped so i drove hella cautious..
THAT318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:00 PM   #7
projekt EPiK

u can never account for the other driver. i lost my license for the second time b/c i was driving my car over backroads to get it inspected, 3 days before my current suspension was up. i popped over a blind hill and found a county roads mowing tractor sticking halfway into the road. no signs posted.. i hit the brakes and slid up under the bushhog mower that was raised. luckily i was in a bigger car, 83 z28 and the long hood saved me from getting hurt. unfortunately though, my suspension was increased to 6 months.
projekt EPiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:07 PM   #8
Bozola
Z3

Vehicles

Advice: Don't break the law.
________
Suzuki Hayabusa history

Last edited by Bozola; 01-31-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Bozola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:14 PM   #9
bmwpelican

well on the 29th it was cleared, and from that date they said it could take up to 10 business days. Of course tomorrow won't count so there goes any chance at the weekend.

haha but as for just driving, with my luck i know i'd be pulled over for the first time ever, w.o a license.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:31 AM   #10
MacUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by THAT318 View Post
if your not driving stupid and whatnot whats the chance of getting stopped?
In Virginia, the likelihood is quite high. I've been pulled over several times in the past few years ... never given a ticket ... just pulled over and harrassed. Once for running a stop sign. Anyone who knows me knows that's a joke. In my county, there are probably three people who ALWAYS stop completely at a stop sign ... and I'm one of them.

Another time I was pulled over for driving in excess of 105 mph. 80 mph was straight up vertical on this car's speedometer and I KNOW it never reached vertical (My peak speed was around 75 mph in a 65 mph zone). Not given a ticket ... just threatened and harrassed. About a year later, this same officer was fired and arrested for stealing tens of thousands of dollars from a regional drug task force. He was convicted, but got NO jail time and got to keep his retirement, so I'm still paying this crook.

Still another time, I was pulled over because the policeman clocked someone going 42 mph in a 35 mph zone. I was traveling in a large pack of cars, but he thought it "might" have been me.

There are a few more times, but you get the picture. The majority of officersare probably reasonable, but Virginia does have a large minority of officers who will harrass you for no apparent REAL reason. Personally, I think this is an abuse of power, but I doubt there's much I can do about it. I just suck it and take it. I figure it I complained, I'd start leaving these traffic stops with tickets.

If I had a suspended license and was stupid enough to drive anyway. Virginia is THE LAST PLACE I'd try it.
MacUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #11
milehigh96caliti

It's like driving without insurance...no matter how careful you are there's always all the other drivers you have to watch out for.

http://hubpages.com/health/Enablers-...t-Away-With-It

1996 California Edition - SOLD
Modded by cali-ti
2012 e92 335is Twin Turbo convertible w/M package
2002 e46 330cic Sport w/cold weather package STOCK - SOLD

milehigh96caliti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:33 AM   #12
bmwpelican

Well this Thursday is this first time since August that i'll be driving it.
Recently just got word that my sister's been driving it behind my back with my spare key.
And my driver side window is what you'd call ghetto, and has to be opened a certain way so it doesn't come of its track. she opened it with this recent weather, completely scraping of a huge scratch line of tint
Old 03-22-2010, 08:13 PM   #13
tiFreak

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwpelican View Post
Well this Thursday is this first time since August that i'll be driving it.
Recently just got word that my sister's been driving it behind my back with my spare key.
And my driver side window is what you'd call ghetto, and has to be opened a certain way so it doesn't come of its track. she opened it with this recent weather, completely scraping of a huge scratch line of tint
that sucks, any chance of making her pay to have the window retinted?
tiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:49 AM   #14
ChItalian1027

Vehicles

Pauly, I doubt she would pay for it to get re-tinted. Sucks that your sister drove your car without your knowing.

WTB: HELLROT RED CLUB SPORT

95 ti sold but staying in the family.
ChItalian1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:18 PM   #15
bmwpelican

Yeah i'm not going to make her pay. It's really good tint from one of the most highly recomended places in the area. They have a 4 year protection where they will fix it, but unfortantly it's not their fault

hopefully they will give me a good deal on getting it fixed.