318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 982,220 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 08-07-2005, 06:50 AM   #1
robcarync

Default first ticket! WOO!

well guys i just got my first speeding ticket! apparently i was going 60 in a 45! i was on the way back from my girlfriends house...and i was going through an intersection...

there was a cop turning left on the road i was going on, and before i even entered the intersection i saw the cop so my first reaction is to let off the gas and check the spedometer...i was cruising about 51 through the intersection...and i kept going straight.

when the cops light turned green, he turned left to follow me from a distance so he could clock me...i was being careless as i didnt notice the cop would follow me, and didnt hold the brakes all the way down the hill, he was clocking me the whole time i rolled down a damn hill (he said i hit 60 on the big hill)...

he said he clocked me 55 through the intersection (i saw my spedo, im rather certain it was 51 or 52 tops) and he said i was going 60...i told him i dont think i ever hit 60, but he didnt really care

on top of that he had the nerve to ask if id been drinking or taking any drugs.

and it was 1:15am...its not like there were any other cars out there!
Pioneer Speakers [] Aluminum Billet door locks [] ACS Pedals/Deadrest [] ACS Shift Knob / E-Brake Handle [] Clear Corners/Tails/Sides [] Sylvania Exterior Lighting [] Custom CAI [] Dinan Engine Chip [] Dinan Transmission Chip [] H&R Race Springs [] Tokico Illumina Shocks [] BMW X-Brace [] Relocated Lighter Mod [] Custom iPod Mod
http://www.cardomain.com/id/robcarync
robcarync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 07:45 AM   #2
1rstbmw!

LOL i got 108 in a 55
1rstbmw! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 02:05 PM   #3
robcarync

thats cause you are CRAZY man!

its kinda sad...i used to be a speed demon like crazy and drive as fast as the road or traffic conditions would let me...but for a while i havent really been speeding much...ive been trying to be good!

its just aggrivating...he follows me for a couple miles...and when he actually flashed his lights at me i was going like 49!

i was only going '60' (or so he says i was at 60) on the hill cause i wasnt paying attention to braking as i go down a hill. :-(

so howd your ticket end up?
Pioneer Speakers [] Aluminum Billet door locks [] ACS Pedals/Deadrest [] ACS Shift Knob / E-Brake Handle [] Clear Corners/Tails/Sides [] Sylvania Exterior Lighting [] Custom CAI [] Dinan Engine Chip [] Dinan Transmission Chip [] H&R Race Springs [] Tokico Illumina Shocks [] BMW X-Brace [] Relocated Lighter Mod [] Custom iPod Mod
Old 08-07-2005, 03:41 PM   #4
CirrusSR22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rstbmw!
LOL i got 108 in a 55
I used to take it that fast on rare occasion, but there's a new Minnesota law that just started a week ago and any ticket over 100 mph is a six month license suspension
CirrusSR22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 05:28 PM   #5
bmw318tiChic

You weren't even that many MPH over the limit. I hate cops :/
bmw318tiChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 06:19 PM   #6
adamud

Quote:
Originally Posted by robcarync
well guys i just got my first speeding ticket! apparently i was going 60 in a 45! i was on the way back from my girlfriends house...and i was going through an intersection...

there was a cop turning left on the road i was going on, and before i even entered the intersection i saw the cop so my first reaction is to let off the gas and check the spedometer...i was cruising about 51 through the intersection...and i kept going straight.

when the cops light turned green, he turned left to follow me from a distance so he could clock me...i was being careless as i didnt notice the cop would follow me, and didnt hold the brakes all the way down the hill, he was clocking me the whole time i rolled down a damn hill (he said i hit 60 on the big hill)...

he said he clocked me 55 through the intersection (i saw my spedo, im rather certain it was 51 or 52 tops) and he said i was going 60...i told him i dont think i ever hit 60, but he didnt really care

on top of that he had the nerve to ask if id been drinking or taking any drugs.

and it was 1:15am...its not like there were any other cars out there!

Always ask to see your speed on the gun. In Kansas, I've had a cop try to get me for just seeing me speeding. I asked to see my speed bc my passport didnt go off and he said i could go. <- Tryin to get me 50 in a 25.
Until they got me at I-35 South and 114th street (watch out for there!!!). 94 in a 65 with a passport 8500.
adamud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 07:07 PM   #7
robcarync

I KNOW MAN IM PISSED I FORGOT TO DO THAT!

we talked about it in my law and justice class about how cops have to show the speed on the gun if you ask...i got home and i was like...DAMNIT why didnt i make him show me the speed!

in hindsight...im pretty certain he was clocking me the whole time...meaning if i asked to see the gun, it would have had the last recorded speed on there... probably around 52ish or so instead of 60.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:48 PM   #8
1rstbmw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robcarync
thats cause you are CRAZY man!

its kinda sad...i used to be a speed demon like crazy and drive as fast as the road or traffic conditions would let me...but for a while i havent really been speeding much...ive been trying to be good!

its just aggrivating...he follows me for a couple miles...and when he actually flashed his lights at me i was going like 49!

i was only going '60' (or so he says i was at 60) on the hill cause i wasnt paying attention to braking as i go down a hill. :-(

so howd your ticket end up?

well it was my very first ticket and i got a 340 dollar fine lost my licence for 1 year (they havnt takin it yet)and unsupervised probation I keep it 55 now lol o and i pulled over immidiatly i didnt run!
Old 08-17-2005, 03:45 AM   #9
LN318TI

Default welcome to the club my friend

since I got my red TI I have had two tickets and a accident so I know how you feel. I think this is a BMW thing because I seems like they are always looking at my car no matter what speed I am going.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:03 AM   #10
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by LN318TI
since I got my red TI I have had two tickets and a accident so I know how you feel. I think this is a BMW thing because I seems like they are always looking at my car no matter what speed I am going.
It is a BMW thing. I've gotten a warning for 70 something in a 55. A warning in my 90 Mazda. Always tickets in a BMW. Always minding my own business. Never zipping in and out of traffic. Always light traffic. It's all about revenue, nothing about safety. If they were concerned about safety they'd be yanking cell phones out of people's hands. Not a day goes by that somes doesn't get close and personal by drifting over in my lane.
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 04:08 AM   #11
1rstbmw!

Yeah he didnt belive that I owned my car being 16 and all.Hes crazy I have bought and paid for evry penny on my car and tha insurance.That was a insult to my hard work!
Old 08-17-2005, 05:47 AM   #12
AlaskaBlue

Cops suck. I got my second ticket about a month ago. It was raining and I was going the speed limit or 5 over. He pulled my friend and me over. He was part of a narcotics unit. Before long there was a cop boxing both of us in. The cop finally came up shined the light in the car, I think he was looking for probable cause to search. I asked him how fast I was going and he said he thought "ABOUT 60 in a 45." Jerk. Gives me a ticket that just says exceeding speed limit.

I just went to court with my friend that got pulled over. Plead not guilty. Too bad a cops word always wins. Hopefully he won't show on the actual court date. Nov. 17
Old 08-17-2005, 05:56 AM   #13
cali-ti
aka Stabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
It is a BMW thing. I've gotten a warning for 70 something in a 55. A warning in my 90 Mazda. Always tickets in a BMW. Always minding my own business. Never zipping in and out of traffic. Always light traffic. It's all about revenue, nothing about safety. If they were concerned about safety they'd be yanking cell phones out of people's hands. Not a day goes by that somes doesn't get close and personal by drifting over in my lane.
i agree (with both the "it's a bmw thing" and that it's all about revenue)! i NEVER had a ticket until i got my bmw, then bing, bing, bing, i think i had two or three in 5 years. the first one i was coming home late on the interstate after a long day at work and they got me for like 15 over. went to court in milwaukee and the standard "offer" in court was a reduction to "defective speedometer" and the fine stayed the same. now keep in mind i think this was within the first year of buying my ti. defective speedo. riiiiight. then i got stopped again in a 'burb of milwaukee. the guy goes back and runs his checks. he comes back and let's me off with a warning saying like, "looks like you have a good lawyer." lol ... all i did was go to court and take the standard plea! too funny. luckily my other tickets came in IL and they don't share info with WI so it never hit my record, just had to pay the fines (again, all about $$$$).

one thing rob, WATCH OUT! tickets seem to come in pairs or triplets.
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
cali-ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 07:41 PM   #14
LN318TI

one thing rob, WATCH OUT! tickets seem to come in pairs or triplets.[/QUOTE]

AGREED
Old 08-20-2005, 07:45 PM   #15
LN318TI

Default Funny story

I was out working in the delivery truck for the company I work for the other day and we were driving along the road. Through a small suburb called Warrensville Heights and there was a cop writting someone a ticket. At first this seemed normal then I looked at the drivers door on the cop car and it was completley smashed in lol. I LMAO ha ha ha.