318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Site Feedback

Notices

Site Feedback Suggestions about the website.

» Recent Threads
Handsome gays boys from...
Today 12:47 AM
Last post by ceoshank88
Today 12:47 AM
0 Replies, 88 Views
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by kupkake303
05-09-2024 06:12 PM
211 Replies, 1,311,399 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 10-25-2007, 12:01 AM   #16
KO-SALES-TEAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamud View Post
Over the past year I have sent at least 3 emails to koperformance. Never once have I ever had a reply back to me. Some how you failed to "aid" a 318ti.org member....
Adam, over the past year KO has been understaffed. It was not until May where the 1st decicated salesman was hired (Sherwin), and until July when I joined as the 2nd salesman. Everything preceding that, there was too much workload for a single person and a huge backlog on e-mails developed.

Sherwin has been attending every single e-mail accumulated on our backlog since 2005. He's been at it for two months already.

In the mean time, the amount of work we are carrying is still fairly big, as we've been outgrowing our revenue sales by (in average) 20% every month. I've been trying to keep up with all our customers, but with Sherwin mainly focused on backlogs only, I have a lot to keep up with myself.

So, we do apologize for not being able to respond to your e-mails in the past, but now we're better staffed for that job. We've been doing pretty good so far. Best way to reach us is over the phone. If no one picks up and you get a voicemail, leave a message and we'll get back to you ASAP.

Quote:
I have been allowing KO to post what are basically ads. The part I object to are bumps thanking people who are on other boards. If someone here buys from you, let them thank you. If you want to contribute to the forum, you are more than welcomed to. But I'm sorry, solely selling parts is not a contribution.
Steven,

Providing a community with lowest price guarantee on all Genuine and OEM Parts (along with quite a few aftermarket as well) not contributing? I find that humorous. Perhaps we're not contributing to your forum by enhancing your internet forum code or providing extra bandwidth for your use, but I'm sure your members (as well as yourself) will have great benefits when it comes time to replace/upgrade parts on your BMWs.

To me that's contributing.

And like I said. We thank the customers that order through forum orders under special forum pricing only. You cannot say those members don't exist because they are not active. Hell, you can access all our threads on this forum without even being logged on! If the customer tells us he or she came from 318ti.org then we thank 318ti.org. We don't question how many posts he/she has, or when was the last time he/she logged in.

I cannot believe such a huge hassle is being made over such a minor detail on how we carry out our business. No other forum seems to mind, I don't understand why it should be the case here. The fact we choose to thank our customers online should not be a reason to drop our supporter status, close half our threads, and push customers away from us (might I even call it just plainly bashing us) like you have been doing on every single thread yesterday.

- Erick
Genuine & OEM BMW parts - Lowest Price Guarantee to your door! X-Brace Kit GP | ZKW/Hella Fogs, French Fogs, Clears
KO-SALES-TEAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:11 AM   #17
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO
I never cease to be amazed on 318ti.org with the level of irrational, jeuvenile and pure child-like comments that seem to just naturally flow from a select few members that seem to be 12 years old yet with driver's licenses.

Sincerely,
John Paul Komasinski
President KO Performance / KO ENTERPRISES, INC.
I think I have a new signature quote! You won't ever have to worry about thanking me for purchases. There are plenty of vendor that manage to do business on the internet without insulting forum members. I'll spend my money with them.

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:14 AM   #18
96cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
You guys fail to realize this is my site.
LOL

FWIW my casual knowledge of KO is that you promised a lot of things but did not deliver in the past but even recently you don't appear to have an intimate knowledge of the Ti. When it came to the X Brace deal you made a point to mention the rubber pad that is a non issue on 4cyl. On the O2 sensor deal I could not find a 1999 318ti on your site as an option (I easily got a much better price somewhere else too). Why go deal with someone who may or may not have issues to beat another vendors price? That game only works when you have outstanding customer service. If you want to change our opinions post links to some real people thanking you for great service and let time work it out.

my .02

96cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:41 AM   #19
KO-SALES-TEAM

96cali,

You bring a valid point to this argument. We are mostly enthusiasts, and no one in the office has owned a 318ti. All of the information I provide is based on my general mechanical knowledge from 6 years with e30s, as well as whatever tools I have to my disposal (realOEM, etc) to find whether parts are compatible with your cars. The most I personally know of 318ti's is that you guys carry the same M42 as we have on our later model 318iS's and that we can use your rear subframe as our 5 lug swap in the back.

Anywho, I did realize that right now while quoting a fuel pump for a 318ti that the ti itself is not an option on our make/model search. I will make a note of that to be updated on our website. Searching by the part number I found on RealOEM, I found that the parts were available and noted specifically for the ti cars.

As for pricing, we stand by our lowest price guarantee policy. If it's the same brand part number, we will battle it out to give lowest price shipped to your door as long as you can provide us a source that we can verify pricing ourselves.

I could post a bunch of e-mails of positive feedback we receive, and I can link threads on the e30 board I personally focus on where they left feedback on our sales guys.

Links for your viewing pleasure:
http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=93828
http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...t=96596&page=2

There's a bunch more, and I'm not even relating the e-mails that we have saved as feedback. You could read through our threads there for feedback. Notice that we thank the customers and they are all cool with it. Some even acknowledge it!

Back on the 318ti's, we won't claim that we are experts on the cars. We look at our system, with our information telling us if a part works or not. We can double check if a part originally came with the car with RealOEM as well. But with performance upgrades (such as the xbrace) we learn more by hearing our customer's feedback. I (and I am fairly sure I speak for everyone in the office) would love to learn the little quirks and details specific to the 318ti so we can better advise our future customers.

Thanks,
Erick
Genuine & OEM BMW parts - Lowest Price Guarantee to your door! X-Brace Kit GP | ZKW/Hella Fogs, French Fogs, Clears
Old 10-25-2007, 01:01 AM   #20
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO-SALES-TEAM View Post
Back on the 318ti's, we won't claim that we are experts on the cars.
Many places, including dealers don't know about these cars.

So has anyone here actually bought from KO, besides Father?
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:28 AM   #21
mohaughn

I need an ICV for my car but they are 50$ more than autohausaz.. For some stuff I would use them, but I live in Florida so having to pay the tax takes away from any .50 saving on a particular part.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:35 AM   #22
L84THSKY

I just checked your site. You don't even have a 318ti in your "make & model" drop down window. That was enough to convince me NOT to consider buying an O2 sensor from you, at any price.

Well, there was this issue about a certain supercharger, that left a bad taste in my mouth. I just can't convince myself you want my business. You go on and on about your desire to help us out, how about ACKNOWLEDGING that 318ti's do exist!

Quote:
Please call us or e-mail us if you do not see your model here, as we probably have what you are searching for even if it is unlisted, rare, or a late model vehicle.
That's hysterical. I own a "RARE" car.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood
L84THSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:56 AM   #23
zboot

Words of advice KO:

1) Do NOT thank people on THIS forum for buying from you. Even us normal forum members don't post public thank you notes when we sell to each other. Heck, I've bought a couple things from members here and they did not thank me. It was more like me (the BUYER) thanking them (privately of course).

2) You may believe you are contributing low priced bmw goods. However so does a variety of other sites. You have not established any credibility with us and in case you have not realized it. . your current course of action is NOT helping your position.

3) You want to make money by selling to us, you want to better your rep, then quietly post your sales in the appropriate forum section. Browse the WTB ads. If you can satisfy someone's needs, then either PM them or respond in that thread. Quietly. We are not impressed by how many customers you have or how many people you thank. What impresses us is when lots of forum members say, "hey guess what, KO actually helped me with X, Y, and Z". Right now, NOBODY here is saying that.

4) Don't bother to argue. Remember this, trust takes a lot of time to build but can be lost in an instant. No amount of hand waving on your part or blame shifting will change that.
zboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:05 AM   #24
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

It appears that customer sat is still an issue: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=819404

It's probably better if KO just stays off this forum until we've gotten over the previous KO let-downs, one of which is still for sale: http://www.koperformance.com/BMW/tur...harger_kit.htm

'99 Dinan M3
DustenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:09 AM   #25
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Think he ever got his refund?
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 03:48 AM   #26
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

KO Sales Team,

With all that you've written so far, I still don't see that you understand why your "thank you" notes are a a poor business practice. Sure, it's definitely a good practice to express some degree of gratitude to a customer. However, your current practice is flawed. Perhaps I can explain why.

1) The effect of posting a "thank you" in via this forum, even though the recipient is not a member of this forum, is the same as if the person didn't exist at all. I.e., it appears to use that you're thanking fictional people for fictional orders. Surely you can see how that would cause a third party to question your motives and integrity.

2) By posting your "thank you" notes in the same thread (or any thread for that matter) where you initially advertised the sale, you move the thread up in the "recent posts" list(s). This, as I'm sure you know, is frequently referred to as "bumping" the thread. So, by moving the thread containing your initial sale up, you in effect are advertising. Sure, most sellers bump their "for sale" thread, and I've yet to see anyone complain about it. But, most sellers don't have a reputation for questionable sales tactics, so you won't enjoy certain liberties that other sellers enjoy

Your company has a certain reputation in this forum, and you've collectively expressed a sincere interest in restoring that reputation. Fair enough... I wish you the best of luck. But, actions speak louder than words. Your actions so far in this matter have been questionable, regardless of how much marketing spin you put on your explanation and how deftly you skirt the questions posed to you.

Speaking solely for myself, when I see a company that already has a questionable reputation engage in questionable tactics, and then use provocative and confrontational language when their tactics are questioned, it's quite easy choice for me to spend my money elsewhere.

JMJ

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
roadrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 04:05 AM   #27
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

I must have been an exceptional case because when I needed o2 sensors, I emailed John Paul and received a response within 15 minutes. This went on for about three emails, all of which he answered promptly. I placed my order, John Paul notified me approximately an hour later that the order was processed and he personally put them on the truck! The sensors arrived a day and a half later. Not only was my order tax free, shipping was free and expedited as well. I paid $173.68 for BOTH sensors when the dealer wanted $210 JUST FOR THE REAR. The sensors were the exact same part# that the dealer quoted me and fit perfectly. I've read a lot of negative things about KO Performance, but personally I've had nothing but great experiences with John Paul.
http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthrea...t=14880&page=3

I understand that Eric and Josh have past issues and John Paul has offered to make it right, take advantage of this opportunity to get things squared between you guys. I don't think bumping a thread by thanking it's customers is any reason to freak out. Now the fact that many of the thank you's are to people who aren't registered here is kinda tacky, but I wouldn't call it shady. I'd suggest a simple bump or update every couple of days, and only during the period that certain items are "on sale". It's really not that big of a deal, and it could have been resolved much smoother. I agree with JP that certain members who have a beef with KO are simply looking for reasons to bash and steer his business away. If you have problems with him, resolve it over the phone, in person, through emails or PMs, but don't go into his threads and spread your hatred. If it honestly bothers you that he bumps his threads by thanking customers, just don't click on the threads. Seriously, what are you even looking for by opening the thread besides trying to instigate a fight. Does it really matter to you who's shopping at KO? The only real reason to click on the thread is to see if it's something that interests you, ask a question about an item, answer other members questions or leave feedback.

FWIW, I will definitely continue to give my business to KO.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:31 AM   #28
aceyx

KO;

I think you need to read this thread as constructive criticism, and not a personal attack. There's good advice here if you're willing to listen.

STOP naming excuses, nobody wants to hear your tiny violins.
STOP biting the hand that feeds you, we're all potential customers here.
STOP whining about how unfair this is. Do you know how unfairly some of our members were treated by agents of your company?

START working on reputation and credibility. If you make a promise, keep it. If you mess up, make it right. Keep competitive on price, and if someone feels they had a good experience, maybe they'll defend you. That's what reputation is--not what you say about yourself, but what others are willing to risk their own reputation to say about you.

Personally, price alone isn't why I purchase from certain vendors. I go after value, meaning good service and good prices. Frankly, I'm willing to pay a premium on people who go the extra mile for me, and that's generally why I deal with specific vendors.

Also, stop trashing Steven. The guy has an incredible amount of patience and provides a great refuge from bf.c bull**** with this forum. It is your privilege to be here, not your right. I don't think anybody cares that you stay, just handle yourself like a mature adult.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:15 AM   #29
KO-SALES-TEAM

I cannot believe I am logging in at 12:03am from my own house to answer to all of this, but wow.

Mohaughn, if you would like to discuss pricing, we can try to work with you even with the sales tax. E-mail us with the link to autohauzusa and I'll be happy to work with you from there.

L84THSKY, read the thread. Your argument has been addressed already. But thanks for putting some of your time into reading the thread before posting your thoughts on the matter. It contributes none.

zboot, because your manner of thanking a customer differs from ours does not mean you are right and we are wrong. It's a personal preference that only seems to be backfiring in this forum for whatever reason. We already established that we seem to have no credibility and that we are starting at zero with this forum. I mentioned our past and to explain it in detail would take forever, but there's plenty that can be read on bimmerforums.

Steven, on the same token, your attitude towards this whole thread (or us for that matter) is comical... refund terms were issued to all customers for something an ex-employee did, and KO is paying for all of that. Grow up and start treating us with respect. I'd personally am trying to show you respect, but its hard when I can clearly read the sarcasm from most of your replies towards us.

Everyone else. This thread keeps revolving around the same issues again and again. But let me clarify:

We are making no excuses. We acknowledge what happened in the past, we acknowledge where we are in regards to 318ti.org.

Matter of fact is, we are still here... so we must be doing something right. Now, to all of you who complain for whatever reason, if you would like to deal with us personally, feel free to do so from 1-7pm EST when we are at the office. Leaving this thread go on overnight is CLEARLY letting you guys get way out of hand with assumptions and pointing the finger.

Again, bottom line -> We have our policies, I don't need to repeat them (again). We're more than glad to help in whatever we can. Call, ask, and then order. Report back here with your feedback.

For any further questions feel free to e-mail us or call the office.

Thank you for your time,
- Erick
Old 10-25-2007, 05:48 AM   #30
teetime4one

Vehicles

WOW
gotta give it to the guy...he's definitely trying with all of his might.
good luck with your business.
seems like a lot of work.
i personally wouldn't go to the extremes you've gone to in order to gain new customers.
but then...i don't have the stomach to be bashed as you have been here lately.
i also agree with the masses on the shady "one minute" thank you post...that was odd.
it's like i said....good luck

Sean
1995 Active
teetime4one is offline   Reply With Quote