318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Classifieds > For Sale > US and North America > Cars for Sale

Notices

Cars for Sale Only fully running cars to be listed.

.
» Recent Threads
Oil Filter Housing Leak...
02-14-2008 09:21 PM
Last post by Locus7
Today 01:06 AM
118 Replies, 80,835 Views
Is this a clubsport?
12-09-2018 06:54 AM
Last post by dranthony
Yesterday 08:44 PM
5 Replies, 284 Views
California Top Trim...
07-16-2014 08:59 AM
Last post by 3DGE
12-09-2018 09:37 PM
9 Replies, 4,518 Views
M42 / M44 loose...
12-07-2018 08:10 PM
Last post by Frach23
12-07-2018 09:34 PM
1 Replies, 340 Views
Anyone seen a carbon...
11-16-2018 06:19 AM
Last post by eurohb
12-07-2018 05:26 AM
1 Replies, 447 Views
New here so lets arc you...
11-09-2018 08:56 AM
Last post by acidjzaz
12-07-2018 12:34 AM
1 Replies, 481 Views
FS: E36 Brakes, rotors,...
12-06-2018 06:30 AM
Last post by FunElan
12-06-2018 09:29 PM
3 Replies, 255 Views
WTB **** 5 Speed BMW...
12-03-2018 02:01 AM
Last post by kaiburger
12-06-2018 08:06 PM
2 Replies, 369 Views
1995 318ti Clusport S52...
10-30-2018 04:31 PM
Last post by Tom318ti
12-06-2018 04:59 PM
5 Replies, 1,132 Views
1998 BMW 318TI M Sport...
11-29-2018 04:58 PM
Last post by BMWannabe
12-05-2018 10:43 PM
19 Replies, 1,305 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2018, 04:58 PM   #1
rleniek
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)
Default 1998 BMW 318TI M Sport package; manual, black

Hi, I'm Rick and selling one of 3 TI's that I have. The other two are toys to take apart and play with, but this one is untouched except for normal maintenance. That's what makes it special and why I kept it this way. It's parked in storage, not a daily driver. I just drove it across the state the other day and was a very nice experience. Selling because I'm back in college and buying time to study. Here's the ad on autotrader with pics: https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...searchRadius=0 Sorry in advance for my first post being an ad I've been learning a lot from this site and is very thorough, so I hadn't had anything worthwhile to contribute except for this.

$4600

Last edited by rleniek; 12-06-2018 at 02:32 AM.
rleniek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:29 AM   #2
BMWannabe
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: NY
Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)
Default

Very Nice ! .....Wish is was a different color ...Not crazy about Black ...but it has all the options i would want if i was buying a 318ti ...Good luck with the sale ..Its priced right! ....You should sell it quick .....
BMWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:08 AM   #3
rleniek
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)
Default

thanks Alex and good luck in your search. as far as your question about motivations for owning a bmw, i think that's a personal thing. for me, i like to tinker, take things apart and imagine what the logic was behind the design. for many cars i've found myself asking "what were they thinking?!" and working on them seemed to be a step backwards in logic. the bmw on the other hand is fun to work on because i always learn new, forward-thinking stuff. plus it's just fun to drive. any car will do if you just putt around town under 3500rpm... the ti really lights up beyond that, as if it were made to blaze while still getting 30mpg. i love the "high performance economy car" concept and this one was ahead of its time imo. hope this helps.
rleniek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:15 AM   #4
BMWannabe
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: NY
Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleniek View Post
thanks Alex and good luck in your search. as far as your question about motivations for owning a bmw, i think that's a personal thing. for me, i like to tinker, take things apart and imagine what the logic was behind the design. for many cars i've found myself asking "what were they thinking?!" and working on them seemed to be a step backwards in logic. the bmw on the other hand is fun to work on because i always learn new, forward-thinking stuff. plus it's just fun to drive. any car will do if you just putt around town under 3500rpm... the ti really lights up beyond that, as if it were made to blaze while still getting 30mpg. i love the "high performance economy car" concept and this one was ahead of its time imo. hope this helps.
Yes ..i totally understand that Concept ...I own a 1990 Mazda Miata .....
BMWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:20 AM   #5
Locus7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)
Default

Some maintenance-related questions:
- When was the cooling system last refreshed?
- When were the shocks last replaced?
- When was the front+rear suspension last refreshed?
- When were the major 3 oil gaskets last replaced (oil filter housing, valve cover, timing case)?
- How much rust is on the body?

Edit: - Clutch status?

Last edited by Locus7; 12-04-2018 at 02:12 AM.
Locus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:49 AM   #6
BMWannabe
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: NY
Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locus7 View Post
Some maintenance-related questions:
- When was the cooling system last refreshed?
- When were the shocks last replaced?
- When was the front+rear suspension last refreshed?
- When were the major 3 oil gaskets last replaced (oil filter housing, valve cover, timing case)?
- How much rust is on the body?
This is a great Checklist for when i am ready to buy ...Thanks Locus7
BMWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:04 AM   #7
Locus7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWannabe View Post
This is a great Checklist for when i am ready to buy ...Thanks Locus7
Yeah, this looks like a really nice car, and I'm all about the color - it's the same color as my current '96.

I'm wondering, if I buy this car, how soon would I have to re-do all the mods/upgrades I've done to my current daily?
Could I daily it for say 25K miles and be ok for the most part?

I would be down for either extreme, but my willingness-to-pay changes based on the car's situation; I'm out in Texas, so I would need to pay for shipping (~$700-1100?). (Just some things I'm considering).
Locus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:16 AM   #8
BMWannabe
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: NY
Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locus7 View Post
Yeah, this looks like a really nice car, and I'm all about the color - it's the same color as my current '96.

I'm wondering, if I buy this car, how soon would I have to re-do all the mods/upgrades I've done to my current daily?
Could I daily it for say 25K miles and be ok for the most part?

I would be down for either extreme, but my willingness-to-pay changes based on the car's situation; I'm out in Texas, so I would need to pay for shipping (~$700-1100?). (Just some things I'm considering).

I dont think it would cost that much to transport ...My current daily driver a 2009 Volvo C30 ..i bought last November from a Toyota Dealership in Peoria,IL and had it transported to New York ...only cost me $460.00 ...open trailer
BMWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:23 AM   #9
Locus7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWannabe View Post
I dont think it would cost that much to transport ...My current daily driver a 2009 Volvo C30 ..i bought last November from a Toyota Dealership in Peoria,IL and had it transported to New York ...only cost me $460.00 ...open trailer
Interesting.
Peoria, IL -> NY, NY is 920 miles. For $460, that's about $0.50/mi
Cocoa, FL -> ATX is 1171 miles. If I pay $0.50/mi, that's ~$580.

When I moved, I shipped my ti from NJ to TX at $0.60/mi and it ended up being ~$1200 with the broker fee.

Guess FL is closer than I thought.

Last edited by Locus7; 12-04-2018 at 02:25 AM.
Locus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:29 AM   #10
BMWannabe
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: NY
Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locus7 View Post
Interesting.
Peoria, IL -> NY, NY is 920 miles. For $460, that's about $0.50/mi
Cocoa, FL -> ATX is 1171 miles. If I pay $0.50/mi, that's ~$580.

When I moved, I shipped my ti from NJ to TX at $0.60/mi and it ended up being ~$1200 with the broker fee.

Guess FL is closer than I thought.
You have to shop around to get the best rate ......
BMWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:54 AM   #11
Locus7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWannabe View Post
You have to shop around to get the best rate ......
yeah, that's what happens when you're last minute lol
Locus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:09 AM   #12
BMWannabe
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: NY
Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locus7 View Post
yeah, that's what happens when you're last minute lol
This is the Company that i used ...They are based out of Florida ...AAN Trucking Inc

https://www.quicktransportsolutions....ot-2859369.php
BMWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:16 AM   #13
BMWannabe
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: NY
Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locus7 View Post
yeah, that's what happens when you're last minute lol

try this too ...i think i filled this out and got a few free quotes from different companies ....


https://www.autotransportdepot.com/a...8aAoo0EALw_wcB
BMWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:31 AM   #14
rleniek
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)
Default

Yes, this is a good checklist. I wrote everything down and intend to attempt exacts once I get through finals this week. The short story is that I found a well-cared for ti in original condition that had become displaced, so I quickly shoved it into storage before anyone could turn it into another "project". In the meantime, here's what I know:

It has had 7 total owners before me and the most recent two were aerospace engineers. Nasa is right around the corner and I'm a scientist moving into management. The most recent owner bought this car for his inlaws, from his boss. This guy's inlaws are Ukranian and were planning to move to central Florida but the plan fell through due to their house not selling. They decided to wait for the market to change, so the move was postponed indefinitely. Meanwhile, this guy had already got the car fully prepped for their arrival. When I came upon it, it was parked next to a restored american muscle car in a detached garage. Everything was so OCD clean you could eat off the floor. The scenario made no sense until I met his wife... very much European. It was her parents that it was intended for, so he went about the maintenance as if his life depended on it. I don't know exactly when, but it appears that the water pump was replaced very recently. There is no oil leaking anywhere on the engine, but I do not know when those seals were last replaced. Using this forum, I had recently replaced the filter housing and valve cover gaskets on one of my other ti's, so that was the very first thing I looked at. Suspension and struts are good, but don't know when last replaced. No rust whatsoever. I drive it for fun only when it's nice out. It's dreamy compared my other two ti's, has a sunroof and everything works... so going for a drive in this one is like taking a vacation. Even though it has bounced around through several owners, it is apparent that they were all responsible adults that took care of it. In fact, it's the first one I've ever seen in person that wasn't hacked up. Thanks for your inquiry, Locus7! -Rick
rleniek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:39 AM   #15
BMWannabe
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: NY
Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleniek View Post
Yes, this is a good checklist. I wrote everything down and intend to attempt exacts once I get through finals this week. The short story is that I found a well-cared for ti in original condition that had become displaced, so I quickly shoved it into storage before anyone could turn it into another "project". In the meantime, here's what I know:

It has had 7 total owners before me and the most recent two were aerospace engineers. Nasa is right around the corner and I'm a scientist moving into management. The most recent owner bought this car for his inlaws, from his boss. This guy's inlaws are Ukranian and were planning to move to central Florida but the plan fell through due to their house not selling. They decided to wait for the market to change, so the move was postponed indefinitely. Meanwhile, this guy had already got the car fully prepped for their arrival. When I came upon it, it was parked next to a restored american muscle car in a detached garage. Everything was so OCD clean you could eat off the floor. The scenario made no sense until I met his wife... very much European. It was her parents that it was intended for, so he went about the maintenance as if his life depended on it. I don't know exactly when, but it appears that the water pump was replaced very recently. There is no oil leaking anywhere on the engine, but I do not know when those seals were last replaced. Using this forum, I had recently replaced the filter housing and valve cover gaskets on one of my other ti's, so that was the very first thing I looked at. Suspension and struts are good, but don't know when last replaced. No rust whatsoever. I drive it for fun only when it's nice out. It's dreamy compared my other two ti's, has a sunroof and everything works... so going for a drive in this one is like taking a vacation. Even though it has bounced around through several owners, it is apparent that they were all responsible adults that took care of it. In fact, it's the first one I've ever seen in person that wasn't hacked up. Thanks for your inquiry, Locus7! -Rick
YOU are the type of Seller i would like to have when i buy my 318ti from in the Future ....Rick if your ti was red or another color ...I would have seriously considered buying the car from you ....The fact that it doesnt have RUST is a huge plus in my book ...Being from the northeast ..its hard to find rust free cars
BMWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TX FS: 1998 Black BMW 318ti (active model), manual transmission austinindian Cars for Sale 12 11-18-2018 11:31 PM
FS: 1995 BMW 318ti Club Sport (Black) Bonzo eBay and Craig's list listings 2 07-27-2016 01:39 AM
HELP Question: What's my 1997 BMW 318ti Sport Manual 50k worth? jbenti US and North America 7 01-30-2010 10:01 PM
1996 318ti BLACK ON BLACK SPORT PACKAGE...$6,800 inlacal US and North America 2 12-07-2006 12:37 AM
1996 318ti Sport Package Black on Black inlacal US and North America 2 11-09-2006 01:25 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:49 AM.


.
Powered by site supporters
vBulletin Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1999 - 2018, 318ti.org
© vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2
[page compression: 129.19 k/153.42 k (15.79%)]

318ti.org does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information or products discussed.