318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Exhausts

Notices

Exhausts Aftermarket exhaust discussions.

» Recent Threads
1999 M-Sport For Sale
12-31-2023 05:10 PM
Last post by Coop540iT
03-23-2024 06:39 PM
1 Replies, 98,226 Views
Once again 318ti owner...
03-20-2024 12:39 PM
Last post by two30grain
03-22-2024 02:04 PM
1 Replies, 61,063 Views
What brakes do I...
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
Last post by huirtera
03-20-2024 03:27 PM
0 Replies, 58,458 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 09-30-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
rippintis

Default DO NOT BUY FROM STROMUNGEXHAUST.COM

This is a message to anyone who wants to save a headache. May not happen to you but I was shocked with the kind of service scott at stromungexhaust brings. Instead of going to understeer, I thought this would be a good place as he suggested he would try to ship out the muffler as soon as he could which made me order there. After ordering, I called three times the next day to change my shipping to expedited instead of UPS Ground. No answers, only to his answering machine which was full so you could not even leave a message. I left an email stating I would like my shipment to be expedited. No reply for three days. I called everyday 2 or 3 times at different times and same thing not a single answer.

I then left him this message which I thought was proper and stern so there were NO issues understanding it.

"Hey Scott, I have been emailing you and calling you everyday since I ordered the 318ti exhaust. It is supposed to ship out Monday but I want to change it to expedited shipping but you have not replied back with an email and I have called PLENTY times now. If you do not reply with the confirmation of my shipping being changed to expedited, then this email here should be the confirmation that I have already cancelled my order. If you ship it on Ground UPS on Monday, I will want a a refund and will NOT want to receive this product. Please get back to me if you want me to keep this purchase. Remember, if the item ships with UPS Ground it will be very unfortunate for me."

Five minutes later Scott writes back, "Your order has been canceled" (yes one l)

I immediately called the number again hoping he would be by the phone. He finally answered and I said,
"Hey is this Scott? I've been calling quite a few times, maybe you had an emergency with something?"
"No i'm training someone, who is this?"
"Brian, I have been calling you and emailing you about a 318ti muffler? Since you just replied saying you cancelled it, is there anyway I could have that shipped out still but pay extra for the expedited?"
"Yeah, I cancelled your order."
"Yes, but can I instead have it for expedited instead of Ground?"
"No, I cancelled your order, I didn't like the way you spoke to me."
"...what? lol" (me)
"Yeah, your gonna have to find something else for your car buddy."
AND HANGS UP THE PHONE!!

I'm writing this as well, to see some opinions on who was being an idiot here.
rippintis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
hotmilk400

this might be off topic, but if you go to his website and look at the E36 exhust, a warning form my AVG antivirus pops up and says "threat detected, web site script threat found" and kicks me off and back to a safe site".. haha.. not a good thing to happen if you are running a company. that would def raise a red flag for me. i doubt it is a real problem, but when an antivirus tells you a website is unsafe and can install crap on your computer, you listen.. haha.

sorry to hear you had problems. you should try to remember that some companies do not work on weekends, so they are not available for contact. it might have been his day off and he comes to work to train someone and he has angry emails telling him to send out his stuff faster (which will cost more) and threatens to cancel the order.

always 2 sides to a story, never forget that.

but really, i am surprised he does not just want to charge you the extra money and have it sent out the correct way.. well, whatever.

Green Your Decor with the Aspect! Shop for the Grow Light Used by Interior Designers, Growers & People Like You!
hotmilk400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
rippintis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmilk400 View Post
this might be off topic, but if you go to his website and look at the E36 exhust, a warning form my AVG antivirus pops up and says "threat detected, web site script threat found" and kicks me off and back to a safe site".. haha.. not a good thing to happen if you are running a company. that would def raise a red flag for me. i doubt it is a real problem, but when an antivirus tells you a website is unsafe and can install crap on your computer, you listen.. haha.

sorry to hear you had problems. you should try to remember that some companies do not work on weekends, so they are not available for contact. it might have been his day off and he comes to work to train someone and he has angry emails telling him to send out his stuff faster (which will cost more) and threatens to cancel the order.

always 2 sides to a story, never forget that.

but really, i am surprised he does not just want to charge you the extra money and have it sent out the correct way.. well, whatever.
Yeah sounds shady about the antivirus I didn't get problems on mine however I don't even have an antivirus so who knows.

However it's still Friday and not the weekend yet, I made the order on Monday or Tuesday, and been calling up until today which is Friday. As for the training someone and angry emails to ship faster, that definately makes sense except I was not dumb about it. I didn't want it to SHIP faster since it was already going to ship out monday, I just wanted to pay the extra $50 for expedited instead of UPS Ground which takes a week longer. He just never replied back with No I can't, or yes it's been changed to expedited. It would sure suck to already have it ship on Monday with UPS Ground, stuck paying for it and waiting a week and a half compared to just ordering somewhere else and getting it in two days. (UPS Ground to Canada cost $150 in EXTRA fees, expedited cost $250, so for $50 more it gets there %80 quicker)

And yeahof course there should be two side but I just don't know in this situation. Last phone call I only said I have been the one calling, did you happen to have something urgent come up?" in a non-sarcastic way.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:58 PM   #4
spidertri

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippintis View Post
This is a message to anyone who wants to save a headache. May not happen to you but I was shocked with the kind of service scott at stromungexhaust brings. Instead of going to understeer, I thought this would be a good place as he suggested he would try to ship out the muffler as soon as he could which made me order there. After ordering, I called three times the next day to change my shipping to expedited instead of UPS Ground. No answers, only to his answering machine which was full so you could not even leave a message. I left an email stating I would like my shipment to be expedited. No reply for three days. I called everyday 2 or 3 times at different times and same thing not a single answer.

I then left him this message which I thought was proper and stern so there were NO issues understanding it.

"Hey Scott, I have been emailing you and calling you everyday since I ordered the 318ti exhaust. It is supposed to ship out Monday but I want to change it to expedited shipping but you have not replied back with an email and I have called PLENTY times now. If you do not reply with the confirmation of my shipping being changed to expedited, then this email here should be the confirmation that I have already cancelled my order. If you ship it on Ground UPS on Monday, I will want a a refund and will NOT want to receive this product. Please get back to me if you want me to keep this purchase. Remember, if the item ships with UPS Ground it will be very unfortunate for me."

Five minutes later Scott writes back, "Your order has been canceled" (yes one l)

I immediately called the number again hoping he would be by the phone. He finally answered and I said,
"Hey is this Scott? I've been calling quite a few times, maybe you had an emergency with something?"
"No i'm training someone, who is this?"
"Brian, I have been calling you and emailing you about a 318ti muffler? Since you just replied saying you cancelled it, is there anyway I could have that shipped out still but pay extra for the expedited?"
"Yeah, I cancelled your order."
"Yes, but can I instead have it for expedited instead of Ground?"
"No, I cancelled your order, I didn't like the way you spoke to me."
"...what? lol" (me)
"Yeah, your gonna have to find something else for your car buddy."
AND HANGS UP THE PHONE!!

I'm writing this as well, to see some opinions on who was being an idiot here.
Sounds like you criticized him/his business and laid down an ultimatum. He did exactly what you asked and cancelled the order.

98 328ti Morea Grun slicktop
11 128i space gray slicktop
13 JGC WK2 Deep Cherry

Search | RealOEM
spidertri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:11 PM   #5
rippintis

Be a little less stern minded and realized it's not "exactly" what I asked for. What I asked for was a change of shipment type, which was asked in the first two emails, and tried for in all phone calls until the last one. Stating...that I wanted it in expedited and if that could not be met, then cancel the order. If I said exactly what I wanted, I would have said Cancel the order, no further instructions.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:31 PM   #6
slow_ti

Who really cares. It's over and done with. It was an unlucky encounter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2011, 01:36 AM   #7
vsonix

Vehicles

you should definitely look into getting an antivirus though... it's like running a car without an air filter otherwise.
vsonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:22 AM   #8
urbanmisfit

I was in the area and stopped in at his shop on a Thursday to buy a cat back system but he didn't have stock at the moment and told me he would run some the following Monday.
Called him Wednesday to verify and asked if there was a shop nearby that could slip it on for me.
Drove over to the shop he had it shipped to for free on Thursday and they popped it on while I went for lunch.
I wish all suppliers were this easy to deal with; many can't be bothered to answer emails!
Only "bitch" I have it is it hits the floor pan where the original system is relieved for clearance but it doesn't bug me enough yet.
urbanmisfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:42 AM   #9
rippintis

You would just need to crimp the pipe in that area I believe?
Old 10-01-2011, 07:43 AM   #10
urbanmisfit

I'd like to avoid that if possible; I'm going to look at the hangers, may be able to drop it a bit. New stiffer rubbers may help too.
urbanmisfit is offline   Reply With Quote