318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Regional Forums > United States > California > SoCal

Notices

SoCal For the discussion of social events in Southern California only.

» Recent Threads
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by Filiski120
04-24-2024 06:40 PM
210 Replies, 1,017,740 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 08-28-2007, 04:59 AM   #1
HuGo

Default Help Me Decide

Ok so i get to work and my co-worker tells me that we bought a bmw that is lowered. So i go take a look at it and that thing looks bad ass. I think its lowered on Eibach Race because the car looked a little lower than mine. Its a Green 94' BMW 325i w/ 113k Miles (which is low) So for laughs and jokes, i went to check how much we paid for it and we bought this car from the customer for..... $1,700 !! But my stupid job always puts these prices on top of that...

Purchase = 1,700
Buyer T&E = 15
Wholesale Fee = 100
Appraisal Fee = 300

So the total is = $2,115 Which to me is still a very good price. But then i have forgotten that if i decide to purchase it, the slap on $300 more dollars and plus $60 for inspection fees.

So Now its $2,475 THEN... i still have to pay for tax and titles which im hoping that out the door with everything...it should come out a little less than $2650

So i was very concern to why the owner would let it go for 1,700 bucks. So i contacted the person who reviewed the car (which was at another store) and he said he remember it had both front fenders changed, and possible tranny problems. He said he didnt see any possibility of frame damage. When tapping the fenders, one sounded normal, the other sounded like a pepsi can.

From my eyes this is what i cought...

The nose panel was pushed it a little bit but i dont care. A little bit dents and dinks nothing very big. The paint job is very good. It was lowered which makes the car look awesome. It had ugly wheels that i can sell for like 100 bucks. The interior as far is leather goes was in pretty good condition for being 13 yrs old and no rips. Missing radio. All the windows worked. A friend at work told me the reverse lights dont work.

I decided to go ahead and ask my manager if i can drive it around the "street" because i was interested in buying it as far as it looks and i just need to drive it. So she let me drive it, and i drove it on the street and freeway and all the gears went in clean, no tranny problems. I liked it but im still not sure.

So what you guys think? Should i go ahead and buy this car for lets say $2,600 give or take or pass on it?

I have 3 choices if i do buy it.

1.) Use it for daily driving to school and back.

2.) Keep it, and turn it into a drift car (since i want to learn how to drift and be the real drift prince ). Its already lowered so im done with that part

3.) Sell it and make like a $1,000 profit.

But im still wondering why the owner will let it go for $1,700 bucks.

So what do you guys think? Anyone with any comments and opinions PLEASE POST. You dont have to be a SoCal member to post in this thread anymore.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:56 AM   #2
lazoh

dude, it sounds like a good deal. Dealers always give you the bare minimum when you trade in a car. My only concern is overheating problems, I had 2 of the same cars and the water pumps are not good on this model. However you can easily fix that with a BMP high perfromance water pump for a mere $200.00 or so. When you called me today (the last time) you sounded very exited in how the car drove, I give it a go and remember that whenever you but a used car, you more than likely will have to put money into it. Good luck and I hope that I was able to help you in making your decision.

1984 BMW 323i E30 BAUR (Euro)
1989 BMW 325i E30
1998 318ti E36

Join us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
lazoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:26 AM   #3
Bobbak

it sounds loke a good deal but if i was you hugo save up for that m3 you have been waiting for , who knows you might see one some time and might not have the money for it unless this car compensates for the M3, just my opinion
Bilsteins w/ H&R Sport, Depos w/ angeleyes and HID 5K, 50% short throw kit, Custom fogged intake, AC schnitzer pedels w/ deadpedels, leather stickshift knob, vitesse tuning Ebreak boot w/ shift boot, X-Brace, 325/328 brake upgrade, Gray millpoint leather and cloth interior, custom computer multimedia system, and Style 5 BBS 17" rims, M3 Mirrors, CF Hood

Bobbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:02 PM   #4
marleymon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbak View Post
it sounds loke a good deal but if i was you hugo save up for that m3 you have been waiting for , who knows you might see one some time and might not have the money for it unless this car compensates for the M3, just my opinion
hmm, no e46 in his garage?
Old 08-28-2007, 12:03 PM   #5
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marleymon View Post
So how does your comment contribute with this thread? Like lazoh told you last time, lead by example!

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:04 PM   #6
1996 328ti

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by marleymon View Post
Don't start.
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
1996 328ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:05 PM   #7
HuGo

If you must know, Bobbak is talking about an E30 I was going to purchase.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 08-29-2007, 02:44 AM   #8
HuGo

So the update is. If my dad says to buy it. Then im buying it.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 08-29-2007, 02:55 AM   #9
lazoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuGo View Post
So the update is. If my dad says to buy it. Then im buying it.
Good deal Man!! And Congratulations!!! Can I test drive it when you get it??? I have a Remus exhaust for that car and a strut bar, wanna buy it??

1989 BMW 325i E30
1998 318ti E36

Old 08-29-2007, 03:03 AM   #10
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazoh View Post
Good deal Man!! And Congratulations!!! Can I test drive it when you get it??? I have a Remus exhaust for that car and a strut bar, wanna buy it??
LMAO! Already trying to sell me some sh!t.

Hey? Why didnt you tell me you had a strut bar? I coulda tried it on my Ti.

Sure you can test drive the 325. Dont know about the 318SCTi though

Honestly, i aint going to do anything to this car. I might just swap the wheels with some stock bmw wheels or something cuz the ones now are hedious. If you sell me the exhaust for like 25 bucks ill take it LoL jk.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 08-29-2007, 04:34 AM   #11
Jean H.318TI

ur selling the TI?
Old 08-29-2007, 04:35 AM   #12
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean H.318TI View Post
ur selling the TI?
Nope.

In that case, i wouldnt have just spend 1k on tuning + LSD

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...

Old 08-29-2007, 04:59 AM   #13
Jean H.318TI

ok dude cause i want ur car
Old 08-29-2007, 05:04 AM   #14
lazoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuGo View Post
LMAO! Already trying to sell me some sh!t.

Hey? Why didnt you tell me you had a strut bar? I coulda tried it on my Ti.

The bar won't fit the TI and now that I think about it, I might have sold it Cant wait to see your new ride, post some pics when available.

1989 BMW 325i E30
1998 318ti E36

Old 08-29-2007, 05:08 AM   #15
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazoh View Post
The bar won't fit the TI and now that I think about it, I might have sold it Cant wait to see your new ride, post some pics when available.
Ok it wont fit your Ti cuz of the manifold, but remember, i have the DASC, so my manifold sits lower. The only thing is that it might hit my TB.

[SIZE="4"]///M7

BMW ///Motorsport...